The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

No surprise at all and well deserved. I fully expect him to sweep the fans' vote too. 

Was Accies letting him go for nothing an even worse decision than letting someone steal a million quid from their bank account? Undoubtedly. 

Podcast with Stuart Millar for anyone that is interested.

Also launching a fundraiser for CHAS in memory of John Martin’s late Grandson. Link below if you would like to read more.

www.Justgiving.com/johnny-martin-1

You got a link to the podcast mate?

2 hours ago, CapitalDiamond said:

Woops!

Added now, it’s

Really good listen once again,   The club looks to be in good hands  and  seem a,lot more United than we have for a while.. .....

million dollar question who is the player that failed a medical last summer and took 3 months to kick a ball when he signed for someone else......  Any thoughts

7 hours ago, airdrieman said:

No surprise at all and well deserved. I fully expect him to sweep the fans' vote too. 

Was Accies letting him go for nothing an even worse decision than letting someone steal a million quid from their bank account? Undoubtedly. 

100% decision by the seniors, including this senior supporter, and you are also correct about Acccie's decision, 

On 28/04/2020 at 23:54, CapitalDiamond said:

Podcast with Stuart Millar for anyone that is interested.

Also launching a fundraiser for CHAS in memory of John Martin’s late Grandson. Link below if you would like to read more.

www.Justgiving.com/johnny-martin-1

20 hours ago, Passionate said:

Really good listen once again,   The club looks to be in good hands  and  seem a,lot more United than we have for a while.. .....

million dollar question who is the player that failed a medical last summer and took 3 months to kick a ball when he signed for someone else......  Any thoughts

Good listen once again. Agree with everything he said RE the vote. The talk of wanting to sign more full-time players, hoping to sign Smith and Ryan should they be free to leave Dunfermline and of players already being offered to the club is a positive. Obviously it's all totally budget dependent and dependent on the state of the club's finances after so long without any football but I am sure he wouldn't be saying these things on a public forum if he didn't think the club would be able to come out of the pandemic in a healthy position. I'm always impressed with Stan and it's brilliant to see the club represented by somebody as articulate and who clearly has the best interests of the club at heart and mind. It's been a long time coming but we finally have a club who are putting in the time and effort to give us a club to be proud of both on and off the park. Good message from Millar for 1924 members in their inbox today as well. 

RE the player, the first one that came to mind was John Rankin though I am not sure if he fits the 3 months timeline and/or if he was already signed up by Clyde for the 19/20 season. Craig Barr would also be a logical guess. 

Edited by airdrieman

12 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Thought it'd be worth pointing out as well the fantastic work Airdrie Community Trust and Diamonds in the Community are doing during the current pandemic - 

Which one is the supporters-led one and which the one the club runs?

5 minutes ago, stuartcraig said:

Which one is the supporters-led one and which the one the club runs?

Airdrie Community Trust is the one affiliated to the Club.

Diamonds in the Community is made up folk who were part of the old Supporters Trust. I think the Supporters Trust is still running as well but with a different committee?

Both the ACT & DITC have fans on the committees.

Just disappointing it's all came to this. A club our size and we've got all these factions.

30 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Another well deserved winner. My choice for POTY too. 

Agreed. POTY has to be one of the back line for me. Gallagher has scored a decent amount of goals and Carrick had a great run of form, but none of the forwards were as consistent as the back line across the whole season. McCann has done well in his first season, as has McDonald overall. Crighton and Fordyce have been really solid all season but would have Fordyce slightly ahead. One of those players that can go unnoticed, which for a centre back I think is always a good sign. Does his job really well without any fuss. The fact the players selected him is telling.

3 minutes ago, Tory Boy said:

Airdrie Community Trust is the one affiliated to the Club.

Diamonds in the Community is made up folk who were part of the old Supporters Trust. I think the Supporters Trust is still running as well but with a different committee?

Both the ACT & DITC have fans on the committees.

Just disappointing it's all came to this. A club our size and we've got all these factions.

Yeah, a bit PFoJ / JPF.  I was going to ask whether the club-controlled one was open to all supporters or just those the club decided to invite but, tbh, there's no real point in re-opening the whole club vs trust discussion.

The Podcast was an interesting listen. [emoji106]

I wonder how many people signed up for the 1924 Club.

Thanks, the interviews with Stuart are always popular and he always strikes me as being very pragmatic and full of common sense.

I think the way in which they did Club 1924 is quite clever. It’s great for me as I miss games and if I just bought a season ticket then the VAT man would be taking a chunk of my money.

I’m not expecting anything back, but if I ever win anything on the prize draw then those are prizes that would appeal to fans but don’t cost the club too much e.g. hospitality/signed jerseys.

I hope it’s a success.

4 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Good listen once again. Agree with everything he said RE the vote. The talk of wanting to sign more full-time players, hoping to sign Smith and Ryan should they be free to leave Dunfermline and of players already being offered to the club is a positive. Obviously it's all totally budget dependent and dependent on the state of the club's finances after so long without any football but I am sure he wouldn't be saying these things on a public forum if he didn't think the club would be able to come out of the pandemic in a healthy position. I'm always impressed with Stan and it's brilliant to see the club represented by somebody as articulate and who clearly has the best interests of the club at heart and mind. It's been a long time coming but we finally have a club who are putting in the time and effort to give us a club to be proud of both on and off the park. Good message from Millar for 1924 members in their inbox today as well. 

RE the player, the first one that came to mind was John Rankin though I am not sure if he fits the 3 months timeline and/or if he was already signed up by Clyde for the 19/20 season. Craig Barr would also be a logical guess. 

I think John Rankin and Craig Barr were already signed by cowden and clyde......  The players i thought of were Craig Moore (ayr) and Ally Love (clyde) no idea, interesting though

On 29/04/2020 at 15:01, CapitalDiamond said:

Woops!

Added now, it’s

Expected praise for all the players resigned but Interesting to hear his praises for Mckay and Kerr both out of contract, intrigued to see where they both end up...

Chucky and Callum Smith would be outstanding additions if we can pull it off . Also thought big Nat was coming on a bit just before all this started . Noticed he mentioned the fact we had 2 part time goalkeepers so guessing a full time one might be a high priority also.

Chucky and Callum Smith would be outstanding additions if we can pull it off . Also thought big Nat was coming on a bit just before all this started . Noticed he mentioned the fact we had 2 part time goalkeepers so guessing a full time one might be a high priority also.

Why?

21 hours ago, Diamond10 said:

That was definitely the implication from what he said. He stopped short of saying it but could tell he felt having part-time goalies held us back a bit. I wouldn't have said it was that obvious an issue, however I guess organising set-pieces (and any defensive situation really) doesn't really work in training if neither of your goalies are there, and set-pieces were a slight issue.

Would expect, all going well, they are wanting a full-timer with Hutton as back up.

That was definitely the implication from what he said. He stopped short of saying it but could tell he felt having part-time goalies held us back a bit. I wouldn't have said it was that obvious an issue, however I guess organising set-pieces (and any defensive situation really) doesn't really work in training if neither of your goalies are there, and set-pieces were a slight issue.
Would expect, all going well, they are wanting a full-timer with Hutton as back up.

Hutts wouldn’t have signed on again if he thought for a minute he was going to be back up.