Moon

The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

The club are not going to be hit for stewarding and other outlays for the games. I would be more than happy to offer £50+ in order to keep the club on a secure financial footing.

Assuming the club is clever and has a realistic forecast budget  in place  (minus play off and hospitality revenue mainly which would disappear if the season ends) then we could be in a better place than others.

On 14/03/2020 at 00:10, diamondman said:

Little consolation for a dire situation.

Hope you are all well. I also hope your not too disturbed by the who should win the league or relegation posts on other threads.  Difficult time for all. 

There will be a lot of clubs seriously struggling be better planning to help them and move forward. 

Missed the footie, still was in a well known supermarket on Saturday and theres folk scrapping over loo roll lol♦️

Think the membership scheme is an excellent idea going forward. Would be interesting to see what benefits members will get but even if they are minimal I'm sure there will be many willing to donate through the scheme purely to fund the club's progress.

Also, while I'm not sure it can be labelled a 'classic', the SFA are streaming the 95 cup final tonight on Facebook and YouTube at 19:45 if you're missing your football fix. 

On 17/03/2020 at 16:28, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Think the membership scheme is an excellent idea going forward. Would be interesting to see what benefits members will get but even if they are minimal I'm sure there will be many willing to donate through the scheme purely to fund the club's progress.

Since I will be saving money as I get locked in, I would certainly endorse a membership scheme. I have written of the idea of getting any season ticket refund since that did finance much of the current league position. What I can give I will.

On 18/03/2020 at 20:50, Chapelhall chap said:

Since I will be saving money as I get locked in, I would certainly endorse a membership scheme. I have written of the idea of getting any season ticket refund since that did finance much of the current league position. What I can give I will.

Hope everyone is well miss the old diamonds games the odd moan even settle for 3 5 2 with Robert's on the bench eh!!!.  

Had a brief look at the other threads and thank f+++ I'm an Airdrie fan ... some of the posts suggest they have been isolated to long from the real world.

Anyway rant over keep safe ♦️

23 hours ago, Eric the half a b said:

Hope everyone is well miss the old diamonds games the odd moan even settle for 3 5 2 with Robert's on the bench eh!!!.  

Had a brief look at the other threads and thank f+++ I'm an Airdrie fan ... some of the posts suggest they have been isolated to long from the real world.

Anyway rant over keep safe ♦️

Keeping safe indeed and rewriting some of my adventures this season, as well as reading my long list of unread books. I even watched Scotland's loss to Kazakhstan last night and surely things can only get better? Our chats on real games are a miss . Take care

On 17/03/2020 at 16:24, airdrieman said:

Think you can scrub the go fund option from the trust as the club has made it very clear they don't want nothing from this avenue. Sad really.

7 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

Think you can scrub the go fund option from the trust as the club has made it very clear they don't want nothing from this avenue. Sad really.

Where has this been stated,  heard about the upcoming membership club. The trusts go fund me has came out the blue, has it been announced in any channels, maybe that is why donations are so low...........    If the Trust is not there to aid the club in there hour of need there is no point in having it......  No egos or dick swinging please......

Scrolling through the You Tube archives yesterday, to get my Saturday football fix, and came across a 2-2 draw with Celtic at Parkhead, with Billy McPheat and Davie Marshal scoring and big McNeil going tonto at the linesman, when he had a goal disallowed for offside right at the end.

20 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

13 hours ago, Passionate said:

Where has this been stated,  heard about the upcoming membership club. The trusts go fund me has came out the blue, has it been announced in any channels, maybe that is why donations are so low...........    If the Trust is not there to aid the club in there hour of need there is no point in having it......  No egos or dick swinging please......

I believe that the Trust have closed the page and will be sending the money directly to the club's bank account after it was requested donations be made straight to the club rather than through any 3rd parties. The club are accepting direct donations and hopefully they will announce the details of the membership club soon. 

38 minutes ago, Rio 2 said:

Scrolling through the You Tube archives yesterday, to get my Saturday football fix, and came across a 2-2 draw with Celtic at Parkhead, with Billy McPheat and Davie Marshal scoring and big McNeil going tonto at the linesman, when he had a goal disallowed for offside right at the end.

This came up on my Facebook feed yesterday and I will be watching it every day* of self-isolation. 

Every hour*. 

7 hours ago, airdrieman said:

This came up on my Facebook feed yesterday and I will be watching it every day* of self-isolation. 

Every hour*. 

Great memories and behind the goals frenzy. Marvellous .

From what was posted, the Trust set the go fund me up but the club told them soon after that they didn’t want funds through any third parties. It was therefore closed (and never really had the chance to be pushed).