The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

2 minutes ago, waysider said:

Murray is a numpty. That’s 3 games without a goal despite having somewhere in the region of 9 forwards on the park in the second half today. Never mind maybe we will get a shot on target next week.

Unless someone gets a grip soon we won’t even make the playoffs.

Honestly what was he all about today. Totally pissed off today. 

Murray is a clown! His team selections and tactics are an absolute joke! When Cameron came in initially, we had a settled team and were getting results. A lot of folk have suggested that this was no coincidence. Rumour has it that Murray felt Cameron was having too much of an influence and they’ve had a falling out, resulting in Cameron taking a step back. The past 2 weeks, it’s like we’ve reverted to the way we were playing before Cameron came in.

1 minute ago, AFC1878 said:

Murray is a clown! His team selections and tactics are an absolute joke! When Cameron came in initially, we had a settled team and were getting results. A lot of folk have suggested that this was no coincidence. Rumour has it that Murray felt Cameron was having too much of an influence and they’ve had a falling out, resulting in Cameron taking a step back. The past 2 weeks, it’s like we’ve reverted to the way we were playing before Cameron came in.

Cameron  please step forward again .

30 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

Bewildered. Tactical masterclass in operation. If I gave an Airdrie player such a hard time as Murray gave Robert's I would be put out the ground.

You surely cannot defend any of the midfield 3 in the first half, Hopeless ....Roberts strutting g about like John Inman,  McKay completely clueless to where he was playing,  Millar unusually to be fair was miles off the pace...... Murray had to change it and Big Nat stepped up and have a good committed performance in the second half,    Raith are a much better side in all departments....Fact..

28 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

I agree thought he was out of order today. To rub it in we were putting pressure on and he totally changed it for 2and half not a happy chappy tonight 

I sit behind the Home dug out and all criticism and encouragement of all players was fully justified,  we were truly horrendous remember...

15 minutes ago, Passionate said:

You surely cannot defend any of the midfield 3 in the first half, Hopeless ....Roberts strutting g about like John Inman,  McKay completely clueless to where he was playing,  Millar unusually to be fair was miles off the pace...... Murray had to change it and Big Nat stepped up and have a good committed performance in the second half,    Raith are a much better side in all departments....Fact..

We all have opinions we had more pressure in the first half than 2nd while Raith maybe a better side they are hardly world beaters as for big Natt what exactly did he do certainly never created anything 

8 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

We all have opinions we had more pressure in the first half than 2nd while Raith maybe a better side they are hardly world beaters as for big Natt what exactly did he do certainly never created anything 

Take your blinkers off ffs,   

Ian Fucking Murray man.

You’ve really got to wonder what goes through his head when he’s picking his teams.

What has he seen in Ally Roy in 5 months to suggest he’s going to anything other than be an absolute shitebag week after week. Pathetic.

Callum Smith has been poor for weeks but he plays 90 minutes every week.

Paul McKay contributes nothing other than a long throw but continues to get picked.

Kurtis Roberts is the most important player in that team but he’s determined not to play him.

David Hutton has been out most consistent player of the last two seasons but he’s decided to play this donkey Scott Gallagher the past two weeks.

He continues to make terrible decisions week after week.

I know he’s an inexperienced manager and we can’t expect him to make the right decisions all the time but f**k me so much of this is glaringly obvious.

The title challenge is well and truly over and we now need to try and build a bit of form going into the end of the season for the play offs.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]Nat Wedderburn is fucking useless you obvs know f**k all about football when you said hat man stepped up,When Kurtis was on we were driving forward and creating chances then at Half time Murray changes it and we hardly had a chance because our 5 strikers were tripping over each other so f**k up

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]Nat Wedderburn is fucking useless you obvs know f**k all about football when you said hat man stepped up,When Kurtis was on we were driving forward and creating chances then at Half time Murray changes it and we hardly had a chance because our 5 strikers were tripping over each other so f**k up
Just concentrate on following sevco!

6 minutes ago, Moon said:

For me, the only good thing about Wedderburn playing is that the aimless long balls tend to reduce as he wants to pass it a bit more. 

Sure at start of season we would all been happy to be 3rd place there are a few players who we may disagree on some pish some not so bad but this chopping and changing cant be doing anyone's confidence any good. Wonder if we work on set plays in training with all the innovative permutations we come up with... Eh lol 

Edited by Eric the half a b

11 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngNat Wedderburn is fucking useless you obvs know f**k all about football when you said hat man stepped up,When Kurtis was on we were driving forward and creating chances then at Half time Murray changes it and we hardly had a chance because our 5 strikers were tripping over each other so f**k up

What chances was that we created in the first half,  None so away and don't talk pish...

The debate on the balance in midfield will rumble on for some time yet but I would certainly have taken off McKay-but expecting Ally Roy to do a job was a bit of a push. I sit near the dugout but didnt quite see any falling out. Too late to bring on Gal and give their back four a sense of being under pressure I thought Wedderburn was quite good today and at least he had a physical side to his game as Raith eased off, but he is slow.  I also agree we are miles away from winning L1 but that was true on day 1. 

Edited by Chapelhall chap
spelling error

3 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

The debate on the balance in midfield will rumble on for some time yet but I would certainly have taken off McKay-but expecting Ally Roy to do a job was a bit of a push. I sit near the dugout but didt quite see any falling out. Too late to bring on Gal and give their back four a sense of being under pressure I thought Wedderburn was quite good today and at least he had a physical side to his game as Raith eased off, but he is slow.  I also agree we are miles away from winning L1 but that was true on day 1. 

We just look disjointed all over the park find it hard to work out the game plan at times.  And this will happen against the top teams for me it's been like for weeks now. Ryan is good player and hopefully goals will return but  he needs  decent service.