Moon

The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

1 minute ago, Eric the half a b said:

Obviously something I'm not seeing ether its beyond belief...

We all saw it...we all couldn't believe it!

Last straw for me today was when we had a corner and big Natt was out last defender now apart from being the biggest player on the park and we hit very high balls in from corners what if Stranrear thumped the ball over McCann with all due respect big guy is not winning a chase with any forward... 

Carrick was the best of our front 4 and was subbed for Roy....I genuinely couldn't believe what I was seeing.

McKay is unsubbable for some unknown reason

Kerr was terrible, from the initial squad surely wedderburn or hawkshaw were better options?

MacDonald has been really good, maybe injured?

and talking about intial squad, why is Roberts dropped completely until Barrowman was ill? Something going on behind the scenes?

9 points from last 21. Raith next week.

2 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

Your spot on. So annoyed today shambles 

3 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

Your spot on. So annoyed today shambles 

Cameron must be on holiday ,thought he had settled the ship ,fair play to their keeper he had a few good blocks ,saves ,even with Ryan we seem to miss a lot of chances ,no doubt Ryan will come good ,get MacDonald and Roberts back in next week .

3 minutes ago, Moon said:

Carrick was the best of our front 4 and was subbed for Roy....I genuinely couldn't believe what I was seeing.

McKay is unsubbable for some unknown reason

Kerr was terrible, from the initial squad surely wedderburn or hawkshaw were better options?

MacDonald has been really good, maybe injured?

and talking about intial squad, why is Roberts dropped completely until Barrowman was ill? Something going on behind the scenes?

9 points from last 21. Raith next week.

That's playoff form ... the relegation playoffs 

4 minutes ago, Stevo1968 said:

We’re 5 points off the top and have been brutal, shows how open the league is

Two home games against Stranrear two games the manager makes his tactical changes... no win against them 

Murray made an arse of the tactics today, he changed the formation just to fit ryan in, as much as i like him don’t mould the full team around one player. Please drop McKay for next game he’s worse than a man down, go back to the same team and formation when we were actually winning

1 minute ago, airdrie_3 said:

Murray made an arse of the tactics today, he changed the formation just to fit ryan in, as much as i like him don’t mould the full team around one player. Please drop McKay for next game he’s worse than a man down, go back to the same team and formation when we were actually winning

He wont unless Andy can take a long throw.

He wont unless Andy can take a long throw.

His long throws don’t even make it past the first man, just stop playing him and bring in Nat just to try it out it can’t be any worse

The better long throws today came from their left back but like us they didn't score. The change in players and tactics looked good on paper but it certainly did not go well on the park. It was kinda back to the first few games of McKay at right back and although he broke through a few times in the first half there was nil from the 2nd half. He is a CB who does ok in a holding role and Kerr can't do what he does , so I think Murray got it wrong.  A top four spot seems the more likely this season but a second draw at home against Stranraer leaves most of us feeling down. At least we still have not lost 2 games in a row and East Fife also lost at Clyde. (Grasping at straws). 

4 minutes ago, airdrie_3 said:

His long throws don’t even make it past the first man, just stop playing him and bring in Nat just to try it out it can’t be any worse

Agree with McKay but unless you have two good midfielders to do the work for Natt it is worst or was worst at the start of the season cause although he can pass a decent ball he is too easily bypassed 

39 minutes ago, Stevo1968 said:

Or how poor it is 

Thing is, Falkirk are beginning, slowly to hit form. I’d have taken play offs at the start mind you so I’ve no problem with them winning the league.
Having said that, the worry is we hit a golden six or seven games. Outside of that we’ve not been great or have been average.
And today was really poor (bottom of the league ffs). No hiding from the fact we need to up it.

surely not? he's been a bit hestant since signing the new deal but didn't think he was at fault for last weeks result.

3 minutes ago, Moon said:

surely not? he's been a bit hestant since signing the new deal but didn't think he was at fault for last weeks result.

Manager said he needed a rest. I think the manager needs a rest perhaps take few days off with a good book .. 

Agree I think we need a more attack minded midfielder a no 10 type,  not enough goals coming from midfield,  apart from MacKay,  Roberts in his role needs to score more or he could find a permanent home on the bench, Hope Ryan starts after all that's why we signed him....   After all the horse trading in the past few weeks and still to come,  I don't really see any change throughout the league, no team has really strengthened enough to push on,  

I believe Roberts has a recurring injury that's why he is not playing.

Obviously something I'm not seeing ether its beyond belief...

I think Carrick might have had an injury but how Roy gets a game I will never know touch like an elephant he is quick but just open the gates he has never been a success in any of the clubs he has played with.