The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

I agree that Smith has been working really hard - he's not a liability or anything - but his finishing has went off the boil in the last few weeks and would be great if he could get his confidence back. 

Our front three are fantastic when they are all firing.

I agree that Smith has been working really hard - he's not a liability or anything - but his finishing has went off the boil in the last few weeks and would be great if he could get his confidence back. 

Our front three are fantastic when they are all firing.
Yes, but I agree with a comment made a few pages past that after the good run teams are fnow finding us predictable and are taking appropriate defensive measures. We need options to play differently if needed, and another striker could be the answer

Happy Hogmanay everyone and here's hoping 2020 is a great year for all of us diamonds. 

As Stuart Millar says, the whole club feels united, which it hasn't done in a long time. We're second in the league and genuinely in title contention (who would have thought that even a few months ago?), we have a team that connect with the fans who always give their all and play for the diamond (which again hasn't happened in a long time) and off the park things seem stable and in control with a board who have backed the DoF and manager for success. Plus the Trust and Diamonds in the Community continue to do fantastic work for the town and the people of the town. The home-end was looking slightly busier on Saturday (about 1100?). Here's hoping they keep coming. 

We've finished 2019 in as a strong a position as we've ever been for about the last 10 years now. Let's hope we can not only sustain it but finally push on and finally get out of this fucking league. 

All the best everyone.

1 hour ago, airdrieman said:

Happy Hogmanay everyone and here's hoping 2020 is a great year for all of us diamonds. 

As Stuart Millar says, the whole club feels united, which it hasn't done in a long time. We're second in the league and genuinely in title contention (who would have thought that even a few months ago?), we have a team that connect with the fans who always give their all and play for the diamond (which again hasn't happened in a long time) and off the park things seem stable and in control with a board who have backed the DoF and manager for success. Plus the Trust and Diamonds in the Community continue to do fantastic work for the town and the people of the town. The home-end was looking slightly busier on Saturday (about 1100?). Here's hoping they keep coming. 

We've finished 2019 in as a strong a position as we've ever been for about the last 10 years now. Let's hope we can not only sustain it but finally push on and finally get out of this fucking league. 

All the best everyone.

There were 1340 Falkirk fans and apparently 1370 Airdrie with hospitality full for first time in a while. 

41 minutes ago, Hammyton said:

Airdrie United, fans want Fraser Aird - fucksake what a waste of a club fold and hand the league membership back to the Bankies you fucking diddies without the bus fare

Maybe you should just concentrate on watching your shit team getting humped every week and the usual relegation scrap like every year. 

12 minutes ago, Ballboy said:

Maybe you should just concentrate on watching your shit team getting humped every week and the usual relegation scrap like every year. 

Something you can only dream off.  As you scrap for the Championship play offs this year, next year back to no money and scrapping to stay in the 1st.   Sad existence.

4 minutes ago, Hammyton said:

Something you can only dream off.  As you scrap for the Championship play offs this year, next year back to no money and scrapping to stay in the 1st.   Sad existence.

Just had your first shandy to celebrate the bells good on you wee yin. You’ll learn to have a few more and not make an arse of yourself one day. Today just isn’t that day clearly. You enjoy yourself kid. 

3 minutes ago, Hammyton said:

Look at the league tables ya diddy.  We could very well be in the same league next season.   Enjoy your new year and you can look forward to seeing your team playing at decent stadium next season.  

Airdrie United, fans want Fraser Aird - fucksake what a waste of a club fold and hand the league membership back to the Bankies you fucking diddies without the bus fare
No we don't. And I doubt the manager will either. A few people said he would be a good signing. A few.

Calm down.

Couldn't give a toss who Aird has played for in the past or what team he supports I simply thought since he's a player who's played at a higher level than league one he's potentially an available player who could do a job for us. If it turns out he's a bam then maybe he wouldn't be worth the hassle but who am I to decide whether he's worth a punt or not? All I can say for definite is that I'd rather sign Rangers rejects than be an Accies fan.

Most Accies fans on Forums  feel the club were daft to let young McCann go as he has been playing great for you guys and any time I watched him in the reserves/under 20's he was a stand out.

Hopefully,there is a sell on clause as this will probably bite us in the arse down the line.Scott McMann has been playing ok at left back, but I read you have been playing him further forward,so that could have been an option for us next season.

I expected him to be around the first team next season following in the footsteps of Lewis Smith,Jamie Hamilton, George Stanger and Andy Winter from our great under 18 side who won the SPL under 18 league undefeated(humping the Old Firm in the process) so very surprised at this.

Rumours that Brian Rice thought he was too small to make it at SPL  level(don't believe this myself).If true,then it will come back to haunt us.