Moon

The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

30 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

A text both informing and witty .... dont think the big Swede would get a starting place in front of Gal and would be planted on the bench ..

It might be a bit "neep" and tuck?  The edible bit is called Taproot and curiously there was an LP called Taproot Manuscript by our own Neil Diamond! Watching Hearts on TV so I can help Ian Murray ( the manager not the sole Labour MP) with my thoughts.

34 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

A text both informing and witty .... dont think the big Swede would get a starting place in front of Gal and would be planted on the bench ..

Interested to see who we are after in the forthcoming window with i think a striker and a midfielder a priority,   I don't mind rumours as long as it doesn't end up a dick swinging contest with in the know crowd..

4 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Interested to see who we are after in the forthcoming window with i think a striker and a midfielder a priority,   I don't mind rumours as long as it doesn't end up a dick swinging contest with in the know crowd..

Like Sergeant Schultz in Hogans heroes , I know nothing.

59 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Surely we're still not looking for that 20-goal a season striker are we???

Watched most of Hearts game and they had real energy but seemed to lack a finisher up front. If they compete like that on our cup visit we are in for a tough shift, as most of us would expect. Maybe the Winter break will set them back! 

If we get injuries in the second half of the season it wouldn’t be a bad idea to have someone who can find the net. We have our two guys who score regularly but if the shit hits the fan we need a backup. I’m sure Murray will have a couple of names in mind but honestly I can’t think who that would be and what positions.

With Clyde apparently in turmoil behind the scenes I wonder if Goodwillie would be available. Yes I know many would be opposed, didn't like the man myself, but he is a proven goal scorer and if he started scoring regularly folk would soon forget

With Clyde apparently in turmoil behind the scenes I wonder if Goodwillie would be available. Yes I know many would be opposed, didn't like the man myself, but he is a proven goal scorer and if he started scoring regularly folk would soon forget

Id rather get relegated that have a convicted rapist in the team. I am sure most airdrie fans woukd agree

16 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Watched most of Hearts game and they had real energy but seemed to lack a finisher up front. If they compete like that on our cup visit we are in for a tough shift, as most of us would expect. Maybe the Winter break will set them back! 

Look to strong for us , on last nights showing ,

1 hour ago, Old Diamond said:

He would be a good signing ,IMO 

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

Id rather get relegated that have a convicted rapist in the team. I am sure most airdrie fans woukd agree

That the spirit coming up to Christmas ,here is one that does not  agree ,put the ball in the net for Airdrie ,and I will not even think about it ,

That the spirit coming up to Christmas ,here is one that does not  agree ,put the ball in the net for Airdrie ,and I will not even think about it ,

He would be a great signing but

A) he wouldnt sign for us
B) its not worth the baggage

They looked fuckin honking, there for the taking

Look to strong for us , on last nights showing ,

2 hours ago, Old Diamond said:

It has been suggested before.   Not a chance though.  How do we explain to the kids why are all the other people booing him.  Not worth it if it stops any of our fans coming.  Yes hes a very good striker but being left in the lower leagues is his own doing.  If people forget so easy hed be playing at a higher level.  Hes good enough to play for the likes of Hamilton,  st mirren,  ayr, alloa.   Nobody wants anything to do him.   Neither should we. 

Word was a few weeks back that they would be looking to offload him & another high earner in Jan. As mentioned he is a good player but many supporters would not want him at their club rightly or wrongly. Was a mention of an Australian club the other week would have thought he might have got a start down in England but if staying at Clyde maybe a drop in wages would help out.

There's no question that he's a good striker at this level, but he's not someone I would want at the club.  Not worth it for the baggage he brings.