Moon

The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

On 04/12/2019 at 18:44, Aufc said:

Aye free bar. But its the same at montrose plus yoj get a three course meal and wine plus the free bar.

Hearts are offering buffet hospitality in our cup game for £30.

Disappointing result went a bit long ball more than we should great backing from fans on a miserable day and you can't fault the effort the team put in. Think if we could get a good central  midfielder in could see us in with a chance.

2 hours ago, Eric the half a b said:

Disappointing result went a bit long ball more than we should great backing from fans on a miserable day and you can't fault the effort the team put in. Think if we could get a good central  midfielder in could see us in with a chance.

Hope that Roberts is not injured from that assault by Davidson. He was limping at the end. I agree another driving midfielder would be good and McKay should have been taken off today rather than Millar. I am not convinced that Hawkshaw  is enough of a threat. I think Fordyce will be out for 2 games unless we successfully appeal. Does Kerr come back in to CB and Nat must be thinking his days are numbered even as a sub. It was a miserable day but the time did pass by really quickly!

12 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Hope that Roberts is not injured from that assault by Davidson. He was limping at the end. I agree another driving midfielder would be good and McKay should have been taken off today rather than Millar. I am not convinced that Hawkshaw  is enough of a threat. I think Fordyce will be out for 2 games unless we successfully appeal. Does Kerr come back in to CB and Nat must be thinking his days are numbered even as a sub. It was a miserable day but the time did pass by really quickly!

I agree with you in all points. With McKay while a long through option can be good and we have scored more from them than our corners it was way to predictable yesterday and I didn't see much more that the throws he brought to the team yesterday. 

6 hours ago, Eric the half a b said:

I agree with you in all points. With McKay while a long through option can be good and we have scored more from them than our corners it was way to predictable yesterday and I didn't see much more that the throws he brought to the team yesterday. 

For the first time yesterday he actually burst into the box but overstretched which made it look like a "going down easy" scenario. The Ref gave him the benefit then. I wonder if we ran out of ideas because we had all of the ball,   11 against 10 , rather than counter attacks. For a laugh I would move him back to CB for Fordyce and bring back Nat who is as slow as Conroy.

Edited by Chapelhall chap
spelling error

Thought it worked better from the Railway side of the park but we seemed reluctant to use it there. I think largely because Carrick looks like he hates it and made sure it was taken quickly before McKay get over to the ball!

2 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

For the first time yesterday he actually burst into the box but overstretched which made it look like a "going down easy" scenario. The Ref gave him the benefit then. I wonder if we ran out of ideas because we had all of the ball,   11 against 10 , rather than counter attacks. For a laugh I would move him back to CB for Fordyce and bring back Nat who is as slow as Conroy.

Now there is a midfield battle worth paying to see lol 

1 hour ago, CapitalDiamond said:

Thought it worked better from the Railway side of the park but we seemed reluctant to use it there. I think largely because Carrick looks like he hates it and made sure it was taken quickly before McKay get over to the ball!

Lol agreed ....

33 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:

Yes obviously

Chances of it happening though I’m sure I seen something last year that if you appeal you could add an extra game if you lose it

1 hour ago, Eric the half a b said:

Now there is a midfield battle worth paying to see lol 

Largely happening in a restricted area.  Will Ian Murray be allowed in front of the family friendly area after his fall out with the officials yesterday?

44 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:

Yes obviously

Would like to see a successful appeal,  although this is the SFA  after all..

Any word on the severity of Charlie Reillys injury...

6 hours ago, Passionate said:

Would like to see a successful appeal,  although this is the SFA  after all..

Any word on the severity of Charlie Reillys injury...

Indeed, I heard he was off in the ambulance after the game, is it the broken ankle that’s been bandied about? Certainly hope not, because we’ve seen more than our share of injuries, and don’t wish it on any other teams players too! This promises to be splendid season to witness if we can all keep the race close like this.