The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

6 hours ago, Eric the half a b said:

I agree with you in all points. With McKay while a long through option can be good and we have scored more from them than our corners it was way to predictable yesterday and I didn't see much more that the throws he brought to the team yesterday. 

For the first time yesterday he actually burst into the box but overstretched which made it look like a "going down easy" scenario. The Ref gave him the benefit then. I wonder if we ran out of ideas because we had all of the ball,   11 against 10 , rather than counter attacks. For a laugh I would move him back to CB for Fordyce and bring back Nat who is as slow as Conroy.

Edited by Chapelhall chap
spelling error

I agree with you in all points. With McKay while a long through option can be good and we have scored more from them than our corners it was way to predictable yesterday and I didn't see much more that the throws he brought to the team yesterday. 

Thought it worked better from the Railway side of the park but we seemed reluctant to use it there. I think largely because Carrick looks like he hates it and made sure it was taken quickly before McKay get over to the ball!

2 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

For the first time yesterday he actually burst into the box but overstretched which made it look like a "going down easy" scenario. The Ref gave him the benefit then. I wonder if we ran out of ideas because we had all of the ball,   11 against 10 , rather than counter attacks. For a laugh I would move him back to CB for Fordyce and bring back Nat who is as slow as Conroy.

Now there is a midfield battle worth paying to see lol 

6 hours ago, Passionate said:

Would like to see a successful appeal,  although this is the SFA  after all..

Any word on the severity of Charlie Reillys injury...

Indeed, I heard he was off in the ambulance after the game, is it the broken ankle that’s been bandied about? Certainly hope not, because we’ve seen more than our share of injuries, and don’t wish it on any other teams players too! This promises to be splendid season to witness if we can all keep the race close like this.

Would like to see a successful appeal,  although this is the SFA  after all..

Any word on the severity of Charlie Reillys injury...
I had a wee quick chat with Bryan P yesterday, And they seem to think it's broken.

Sad for the lad, never nice especially for someone so young. But I wish him a speedy recovery.

Shame the run came to an end and our woes against Raith continue, but do the business against Peterhead and we could very well find ourselves back at the top of the league come 5pm Saturday, if Falkirk can get themselves a win. The same level of endeavour and we should have enough to bounce right back to winning ways, albeit 6 wins followed by 2 defeats would be very Airdrie. 

Two very winnable games coming up before a juicey one at home to Falkirk. 

3 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I had a wee quick chat with Bryan P yesterday, And they seem to think it's broken.

Sad for the lad, never nice especially for someone so young. But I wish him a speedy recovery.

Absolutely agree, it’s never a good thing to see an opponent stretchered off, no matter who it is! Real shame about synthetic turf, in my opinion, is the increase in joint injuries it seems to bring, but if he’s done his ankle, that’s irrelevant. Was he a first team regular this season, or just working in?

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

Absolutely agree, it’s never a good thing to see an opponent stretchered off, no matter who it is! Real shame about synthetic turf, in my opinion, is the increase in joint injuries it seems to bring, but if he’s done his ankle, that’s irrelevant. Was he a first team regular this season, or just working in?

When he first signed he was played a few games, but didn't really make much of an impact IMO.

Just a young lad, fringe player if anything, the sentiment remains though, speedy recovery!

On loan from Accies and only turned 18 on Thursday. Only made a handful of substitute appearances in the last 10 minutes, but it's still a crying shame to see that happen to a lad that young.

Well done to the reserve team tonight.  10-0 win against alloa.  I've been to a quite a few of the reserve games and the biggest difference is playing guys like kerr, hawkshaw, big nat and Cowan. The games the have lost are when these guys haven't played.  There doesn't seem to be any of the young boys pushing for a 1st team place.  Still a good win well done guys!!!!

52 minutes ago, Ballboy said:

Well done to the reserve team tonight.  10-0 win against alloa.  I've been to a quite a few of the reserve games and the biggest difference is playing guys like kerr, hawkshaw, big nat and Cowan. The games the have lost are when these guys haven't played.  There doesn't seem to be any of the young boys pushing for a 1st team place.  Still a good win well done guys!!!!

Interested to see how Kerr done, looks like he could be the only change for Saturday if we lose the appeal..

Good point, but Barrowman scored four tonight so I'd say he might be pushing for a place!

9 hours ago, Stevo1968 said:

Interested to see how Kerr done, looks like he could be the only change for Saturday if we lose the appeal..

Kerr was quite solid played in fordyces usual position.  Wasnt troubled much as alloa didn't offer much attacking. Usual decent range of passing but hard to gauge as he wasnt up against a McAllister type.