The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

We missed a few opportunities today settle for four. Usually when we get couple of wins get few more fans in and we blow it never going loose today can see the fight b desire let's hope it continues.

Anyone know what the attendance was? What a difference a winning team makes. As said before, we’re never going to get a great atmosphere at home but all credit to the guys along the end for giving it a go. Pity the enthusiasm doesn’t reach the middle of the stand.

Pleased to see Ian Murray doing so well at you lads. Should help to quieten those in our support who were so quick to play down a great escape, playoff chasing campaign in the Championship and comfortable survival as major achievements for him.

18 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

Anyone know what the attendance was? What a difference a winning team makes. As said before, we’re never going to get a great atmosphere at home but all credit to the guys along the end for giving it a go. Pity the enthusiasm doesn’t reach the middle of the stand.

910 up about 200 than we normally get.

17 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

It was 910, according to the report on the official site.   Anyone got an estimate for how many EF brought?  Seemed a decent number, but I couldn't see them all that well,

24 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

I would have said about 100 max.

Bitter cold day and if keep the good form up crowds should improve hopefully get decent support away next week. Oh for the SFL clubs to break away and play summer football and let the sad individuals in the premier to themselves....

Was working so missed the game but what a result. To turn over anyone like that at home (given our miserable home record over the last few years) is impressive let alone a side in the top 4. Nice to see Ally Roy among the goals too and hopefully that will do his confidence the world of good. Great time to be an Airdrie fan. Big game next week and hopefully a big travelling support can spur the team on to get a result.

9 hours ago, AFC1878 said:

As one in the Section D middle stand I can disclose that we were thoroughly enthusiastic and many sweetie papers were rustled. Lets stick together as fans?

When the young kids came along and tried to create an atmosphere the centre stand happy clappers and moaning farts made complaints to the stewards and club etc because their miserable bitter auld farts and the club didn’t help either chasing the kids away

When the young kids came along and tried to create an atmosphere the centre stand happy clappers and moaning farts made complaints to the stewards and club etc because their miserable bitter auld farts and the club didn’t help either chasing the kids away
Not quite correct as I saw it. They were initially allowed to do their thing in that area, now known as the family friendly section. I certainly never saw anyone complaining about them. They're may have been some auld farts muttering under their breath but that would have been it. I can't recall the opposition but the match which changed it was when they attempted to sit right next to the taped off section between home and away fans, possibly for some winding up. That was when they were moved by stewards, probably on the instruction of the polis match commander. They then tried to sit behind the away dugout, which would have been interesting, but were again moved by stewards.

Not quite correct as I saw it. They were initially allowed to do their thing in that area, now known as the family friendly section. I certainly never saw anyone complaining about them. They're may have been some auld farts muttering under their breath but that would have been it. I can't recall the opposition but the match which changed it was when they attempted to sit right next to the taped off section between home and away fans, possibly for some winding up. That was when they were moved by stewards, probably on the instruction of the polis match commander. They then tried to sit behind the away dugout, which would have been interesting, but were again moved by stewards.

At Clitonhill, when the drum tried to play it was shouted down by the young guys behind the goals with a chant of who’s the banker with the drum. Then some older guys who were with them gave a few shouts of F@*% off to Livi!!

It definitely wasn’t centre stand moaners.... although I do sit there, and I hate drums at games...... and Plastic flags being left on seats!

Each to their own though, there’s plenty room in the main stand and if there’s young guys and gals that want to do the Dumbarton thing then more power to them. They’ll find their own place to do it.

At Clitonhill, when the drum tried to play it was shouted down by the young guys behind the goals with a chant of who’s the banker with the drum. Then some older guys who were with them gave a few shouts of F@*% off to Livi!!

It definitely wasn’t centre stand moaners.... although I do sit there, and I hate drums at games...... and Plastic flags being left on seats!

Each to their own though, there’s plenty room in the main stand and if there’s young guys and gals that want to do the Dumbarton thing then more power to them. They’ll find their own place to do it.

“Clitonhill”.

Does anything think the club are missing a trick with hospitality? £100 a head (not including vat) for a buffet meal is rather expensive? I go to hospitality at montrose regularly and its £75 a head (not including vat) for a 3 course meal and wine and drinks. Sold out most weekends.

57 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Does anything think the club are missing a trick with hospitality? £100 a head (not including vat) for a buffet meal is rather expensive? I go to hospitality at montrose regularly and its £75 a head (not including vat) for a 3 course meal and wine and drinks. Sold out most weekends.

Even with the £10 season ticket discount, the increase in price over the last few seasons is not justified and I'm out.

Yeah agree don’t think it’s value for money really. I know they have to turn a profit but a buffet doesn’t feel value for the cash.

[emoji85]