Moon

The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

31 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

Oh they are murder look like a pub team 

Portugal have just got a 5th against Lithuania who appear to have declined since Scotland last played them.  I thought we all agreed there were no easy games in international football,  or was that wee Bertie. As I type Ronaldo has scored his third of the night  for his 9th hat trick for Portugal and 98th Portugal goal-what a boy.

Portugal have just got a 5th against Lithuania who appear to have declined since Scotland last played them.  I thought we all agreed there were no easy games in international football,  or was that wee Bertie. As I type Ronaldo has scored his third of the night  for his 9th hat trick for Portugal and 98th Portugal goal-what a boy.
But can be do it on a cold afternoon in Falkirk?

We certainly did last week!  Given that he has played in wet Manchester and cool Madrid he could probably even score in the freezing zones of Peterheid!

15 hours ago, NorthernDiamond said:
17 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

But can be do it on a cold afternoon in Falkirk?

10 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

With the potential of us being top of the table come 4:45 should we beat Stranraer, can any stattos figure out when we were last top of the league after 14 games?

I am sure this can wait till 5 o clock,  for the answer

3 hours ago, Diamond Oracle said:

With the potential of us being top of the table come 4:45 should we beat Stranraer, can any stattos figure out when we were last top of the league after 14 games?

Top of the league 14 games ago..

Wee Hughie II

That's goals in four consecutive games for Gallagher. Also got a couple of assists in those games. He's on fire

Can someone who made the game let me know what happened with Gallagher's knock? Did it look bad?

Yeah, but concerned with that. Obviously our most on form player. Great win though. Can anyone give an update on his condition?

Went over on his ankle, wasn’t limping or anything at the end.

Hopefully not too bad then. Hopefully back for next week but if he misses next week it's not the end of the world as I'd like to think we can beat the Rovers without him. Good to see Carrick score again too, four from four for him as well now.

Hopefully not too bad then. Hopefully back for next week but if he misses next week it's not the end of the world as I'd like to think we can beat the Rovers without him. Good to see Carrick score again too, four from four for him as well now.

Rovers are shitting themselves. Big time!

Just back to a Chapelhall fish supper which was so much better than the mildly heated Pie from the Stranraer cabin. the Bovril was however piping hot and it was needed on a cold day. The first half was quite scrappy from both sides with the ball in the air regfularly and no one quite getting passing moves. The only threat from Stranraer was a n occasional cross into the bar area which Hutton palmed well away. Our only good move of that half was a great run and pass by Roberts to Gallagher. It looked a goal all the way but I am sure a bobble took it just past the post. Possession was fairly even  and the home team did move a wee bit better. The second half had us a bit further up the pitch . A god pass from Roberts let smith fire in a cross which Carrick and a defender tussled over. The ball fell to McDonald who fired it across to the waiting Gallagher and it was 1-0. We controlled the game for a spell but Sranraer did have some moments which the magnificent Crighton and Fordyce repelled. Gallagher was injured chasing a long pass and in straddling the defender he took a leg knock. It did not look too bad but he walked off soon after. Roy came on and might well have got the 2nd when he broke clear but the goalie saved well. Dangana was a bit more of a threat for them but a great cross by Leon McCann saw Carrick(must score sometime) get the 2nd. He was subbed immediately as Reilly came on.

You have to say it was an "!ugly" win but that is a hard venue. The same team appeared for the third game in a row and the same formation and subs.. Murray was as animated as I have seen him and he had an Airdrie tammy on! Top of the League for the time being. Who would have said that 6 weeks ago? No failures today again and the players went over to the fans at the end. The chant of " we're going up....." might be hyperbole but optimism rules the head.  And I got the Scotland score correct! On to the Coatbridge san siro.

Just back to a Chapelhall fish supper which was so much better than the mildly heated Pie from the Stranraer cabin. the Bovril was however piping hot and it was needed on a cold day. The first half was quite scrappy from both sides with the ball in the air regfularly and no one quite getting passing moves. The only threat from Stranraer was a n occasional cross into the bar area which Hutton palmed well away. Our only good move of that half was a great run and pass by Roberts to Gallagher. It looked a goal all the way but I am sure a bobble took it just past the post. Possession was fairly even  and the home team did move a wee bit better. The second half had us a bit further up the pitch . A god pass from Roberts let smith fire in a cross which Carrick and a defender tussled over. The ball fell to McDonald who fired it across to the waiting Gallagher and it was 1-0. We controlled the game for a spell but Sranraer did have some moments which the magnificent Crighton and Fordyce repelled. Gallagher was injured chasing a long pass and in straddling the defender he took a leg knock. It did not look too bad but he walked off soon after. Roy came on and might well have got the 2nd when he broke clear but the goalie saved well. Dangana was a bit more of a threat for them but a great cross by Leon McCann saw Carrick(must score sometime) get the 2nd. He was subbed immediately as Reilly came on.
You have to say it was an "!ugly" win but that is a hard venue. The same team appeared for the third game in a row and the same formation and subs.. Murray was as animated as I have seen him and he had an Airdrie tammy on! Top of the League for the time being. Who would have said that 6 weeks ago? No failures today again and the players went over to the fans at the end. The chant of " we're going up....." might be hyperbole but optimism rules the head.  And I got the Scotland score correct! On to the Coatbridge san siro.

Thanks for the match report. Doesn’t sound like a great game but this league throws up some scrappy affairs where you need to come out on top... and we did! These are the games that will win you a title. Proud of the team for battling hard and keeping this run going.. I’m sure our away form will help us get a decisive win over the Rovers. They are leaking goals badly and blew the lead to end up losers today. Time to put them to the sword

4 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

Thanks for the match report. Doesn’t sound like a great game but this league throws up some scrappy affairs where you need to come out on top... and we did! These are the games that will win you a title. Proud of the team for battling hard and keeping this run going.. I’m sure our away form will help us get a decisive win over the Rovers. They are leaking goals badly and blew the lead to end up losers today. Time to put them to the sword

That's now 18 points away from home. The best thing about is that their work rate and pressing is now superb. Keiran Millar is 100% improved/Kurtis Roberts has a kind of Gerrard (!) enthusiasm and runs himself into the ground. Even McKay does the dirty stuff and he has found a front three who must lose pounds during a game.  The last 14 derbies against the rovers has seen only one home win (Us) so I hope we can keep that sword ready. If Gallagher is out injured for safety reasons then I might just put Roy in there.