Moon

The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

2 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

These were the heady days when we used to pay big transfer fees lol. 

Can only say what my friend on the council said at the time we did have one board member in particular who was well best not saying but deffinately little support from some in the council remember the local authority gave Bellshill Juniors a considerable amount of money to build their stadium at the Hattonrigg Road while they did not exactly help us with the money we owed them 

I'm sure that we would both guess the same but I'd rather avoid libel.

1 minute ago, stuartcraig said:

I'm sure that we would both guess the same but I'd rather avoid libel.

Yes your right there lol 

I just hope Saturday is a wee glimpse of the future was so enjoyable great to have a bit of hope.

19 minutes ago, stuartcraig said:

I don't agree that anyone running the club or on the pitch should have their feelings spared if they aren't putting in the type of effort whose sum total is the kind of performances (i.e. desire to win) we as paying customers expect to see on the park.

Last 3 weeks = great, loved it, theyve looked like a real team, should be commended for it, and I hope they can keep it up.

Prior to that = pretty much tepid garbage and rightly called out by many as being so.

Sounds like a few people at the Penny Cabs stadium have their heads up their backsides regarding fan relationship.

Edited by G_H

27 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

That is absolutely horrific stuff.

Yup.  I thought so too. 

I'm not a professional writer but, if I was to offer constructive critcism, I would suggest the article could have been structured as follows:

The league has written to us setting expectations about standards of fan and club official behaviour.  They have also explained the possible sanctions which will apply should fans or club official fail to meet this standard.

Here they are .... [rules]

The club would greatly appreciate fans' support in ensuring the club avoid these sanctions.

Also, following recent improved performances by the team, the club and its players would like to thank fans for the great response and we hope that, together, we can build on this success.

At a minimum, there should be someone able to review these articles and make a call on whether they'll go down like a fart in a space suit.

1 hour ago, stuartcraig said:

Yup.  I thought so too. 

I'm not a professional writer but, if I was to offer constructive critcism, I would suggest the article could have been structured as follows:

The league has written to us setting expectations about standards of fan and club official behaviour.  They have also explained the possible sanctions which will apply should fans or club official fail to meet this standard.

Here they are .... [rules]

The club would greatly appreciate fans' support in ensuring the club avoid these sanctions.

Also, following recent improved performances by the team, the club and its players would like to thank fans for the great response and we hope that, together, we can build on this success.

At a minimum, there should be someone able to review these articles and make a call on whether they'll go down like a fart in a space suit.

Wtf is that all about lol big Donald on the man on the flag is more subtle. Just when you start to enjoy the football played and the fans getting behind the team. Do you think they are preparing just in case we don't win on Saturday lol 

I'm not the most powerful man in the world! I don't do my business on twitter.

I'll just stick to P & B or moaning from the stand.

Airdrie fans are good at moaning. I imagine the invention of the internet was w godsend.

1 hour ago, Rio 2 said:

I was referring to the Donald Trump make Airdrie great again flag.

I ignored the article when it appeared in the programme as it was pretty boring. To see them put it out on the website is even worse. I cant remember many such transfers from print to digital. As long as we keep entertaining, fan disapproval  slows down. As we are not back at home ground for a few weeks , I can bide my time.

15 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I ignored the article when it appeared in the programme as it was pretty boring. To see them put it out on the website is even worse. I cant remember many such transfers from print to digital. As long as we keep entertaining, fan disapproval  slows down. As we are not back at home ground for a few weeks , I can bide my time.

Wonder how long it took them to decide it was a good idea would also encourage the script writer to seek a change in career perhaps into comedy!!! 

3 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

Wonder how long it took them to decide it was a good idea would also encourage the script writer to seek a change in career perhaps into comedy!!! 

I also had to ask someone who Taylor Swift was. My music is still stuck on guitar bands. 

1 minute ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I also had to ask someone who Taylor Swift was. My music is still stuck on guitar bands. 

Lucky you I have 3 teenage daughters ... to their credit they are all diamonds fans so have some good taste ... 

2 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

Lucky you I have 3 teenage daughters ... to their credit they are all diamonds fans so have some good taste ... 

Good to see they are being brought up well. You should hear my I pod playlists on away trips . From the late 50s to the 2000s and I have since discovered I did have Taylor Swift on a compilation CD. It is Love story much like my relationship to the Diamonds when they win. When they are rubbish I just play a blues track.

16 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Good to see they are being brought up well. You should hear my I pod playlists on away trips . From the late 50s to the 2000s and I have since discovered I did have Taylor Swift on a compilation CD. It is Love story much like my relationship to the Diamonds when they win. When they are rubbish I just play a blues track.

I don't get to play my music much but girls like the housmartins and the jam lol. They have only the lonely and falling in luv with you on their play lists even better their friends have them and all their days are Motherwell fans raging cause they will go to Airdrie games lol 

3 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

I don't get to play my music much but girls like the housmartins and the jam lol. They have only the lonely and falling in luv with you on their play lists even better their friends have them and all their days are Motherwell fans raging cause they will go to Airdrie games lol 

I am glad my daughter never took up football watching as it leaves me free to stay largely in the 60s. Currently watching Ronaldo in action and I will switch over to see if Montenegro are really that bad. Only the Lonely is also on my list for Saturday. 

1 minute ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I am glad my daughter never took up football watching as it leaves me free to stay largely in the 60s. Currently watching Ronaldo in action and I will switch over to see if Montenegro are really that bad. Only the Lonely is also on my list for Saturday. 

Oh they are murder look like a pub team