The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

55 minutes ago, Larry Hood said:

Airdrie v Clyde  17/08/19  Attendance 1,054

Airdrie v Montrose  19/10/19 Attendance 642

Maybe get your eyes checked,

At a home game for airdrie.   So how many clyde fans were at the game?  Your giving these numbers and not backing it up with how many away fans attend.   You come on an airdrie thread trying to convince yourself clyde have a big support.   Nobody cares go tell it to some clyde fans and maybe you can all think you're a big club.  

28 minutes ago, stuartcraig said:

Ah, does everyone remember the heady optimism of August which we buried some time around the end of September

Sure Jack and Victor's rallying call will have us full of of optimism again. Could feel the passion the let's get into them vibe..... or was it really Jack and Victor trying to convince Winston to buy a drink ..  

11 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

Sure Jack and Victor's rallying call will have us full of of optimism again. Could feel the passion the let's get into them vibe..... or was it really Jack and Victor trying to convince Winston to buy a drink ..  

Maybe we need to start talking again about setting up a singing section.

I freely acknowledge that I wont be part of the solution.  I'm not at all vocal at games.  Others will have to carry that torch.

4 minutes ago, stuartcraig said:

Maybe we need to start talking again about setting up a singing section.

I freely acknowledge that I wont be part of the solution.  I'm not at all vocal at games.  Others will have to carry that torch.

Few months ago some young chaps came with a drum ... now it can be very annoying ... security came and took it of them. Is it just me thinking the way to get fans in to raise the atmosphere is to play attacking football not blame the poor home form on the fans complaining or lack of noise even the video today trying to get the fans on side was hardly full of excitement just same old if we don't we will hurt the sensitive team. 

1 hour ago, Eric the half a b said:

Few months ago some young chaps came with a drum ... now it can be very annoying ... security came and took it of them.

Was that the same match as toilet-roll-gate.

I think the majority of those lads have stopped coming.

24 minutes ago, stuartcraig said:

Was that the same match as toilet-roll-gate.

I think the majority of those lads have stopped coming.

Yes that's the one. Two or three go on occasion the rest not been back. As you say they should create a singing section encourage young fans. The young Forfar fans on Saturday were still banging the drum and singing at 4 1 down. 

20 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

Yes that's the one. Two or three go on occasion the rest not been back. As you say they should create a singing section encourage young fans. The young Forfar fans on Saturday were still banging the drum and singing at 4 1 down. 

In fairness to the Forfar lads, they're properly committed to their art.  I wouldn't be surprised if they had regular mid-week practice in a church hall, or somesuch.

They're like the Glee of football fans.

Think it was last season we played Forfar at New Broomfield and there was a group of lads, couldn't be much older than 15 or 16, banging a drum the whole game. Was it annoying? Yes, but it created an atmosphere

Good result and good performance today, dont think much could have been done about dumbartons goal. Still trying to work out how Murray managed to get a yellow card. Also, fastest goal scored by an Airdrie team that I can remember.

Edited by G_H

1 hour ago, G_H said:

Good result and good performance today, dont think much could have been done about dumbartons goal. Still trying to work out how Murray managed to get a yellow card. Also, fastest goal scored by an Airdrie team that I can remember.

It was fast indeed but when they fluked an equaliser I wonder how many of us got worried. Thankfully we did not panic and were well deserved of that 3-1 scoreline. I think Murray got a card because he kept moaning at the Lino.  Millar/Roberts/McKay were really good  for 75 minutes but did start to tire a wee bit so the subs made sense.  Happy floodlit end as winter beckons. East Fife now join the ranks of beaten sides by Montrose!  Top four a lot tighter and the bottom sides hit back apart from Forfar who are on a real slide,

It was fast indeed but when they fluked an equaliser I wonder how many of us got worried. Thankfully we did not panic and were well deserved of that 3-1 scoreline. I think Murray got a card because he kept moaning at the Lino.  Millar/Roberts/McKay were really good  for 75 minutes but did start to tire a wee bit so the subs made sense.  Happy floodlit end as winter beckons. East Fife now join the ranks of beaten sides by Montrose!  Top four a lot tighter and the bottom sides hit back apart from Forfar who are on a real slide,

I remember the league table predictions where most L1 fans took Forfar as runners up to Falkirk!!! [emoji52] bold predictions. But think this league will really take shape between now and Christmas. If we can come away from Falkirk with at least a point the boys will be flying high. Need to keep pushing... can’t let up. Good job Murray and the boys. P.s love that Murray got booked, we’re winning the game but he shows great passion by fighting our cause.

37 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

I remember the league table predictions where most L1 fans took Forfar as runners up to Falkirk!!! emoji52.png bold predictions. But think this league will really take shape between now and Christmas. If we can come away from Falkirk with at least a point the boys will be flying high. Need to keep pushing... can’t let up. Good job Murray and the boys. P.s love that Murray got booked, we’re winning the game but he shows great passion by fighting our cause.

Credit when credit is due,  first class today attacking football in the first half shows we can do it, when set up correctly.   Murray appears to have made a shrewd signing in Co!in Cameron seems more energy and intensity in the dug out area,  I liked Fitzy a good servant possibly Murray and Fitzy was a marriage of convenience at the time...... 

Already looking forward to Falkirk , have we ever won at that stadium.....

3 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Credit when credit is due,  first class today attacking football in the first half shows we can do it, when set up correctly.   Murray appears to have made a shrewd signing in Co!in Cameron seems more energy and intensity in the dug out area,  I liked Fitzy a good servant possibly Murray and Fitzy was a marriage of convenience at the time...... 

If only we had set up like this in the previous home games. Just hope we don't bottle it at Falkirk and go back to our defensive shell as we can go there and win. 

So refreshing to finally see us with some pace in attacking wide areas, and with some energy and aggression in midfield. Smith and Carrick may not be naturals in that position but they work really hard, have the pace to cause defenders problems and get up and support Gallagher. Both of them were excellent, in the absence of more  natural wide players Murray has done the right thing putting them out there. First half the whole team were superb, second half we ran out of steam a wee bit and sat deeper to see out the game. If we play that system and keep the level of intensity up for the whole game I will be a lot more optimistic about us this season.

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

Don't think we have beat them 11. 1 in 1950/51 settle for 2 0 this time lol