The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Long before Murray came in I was thinking about our home form and how to make Broomfield a fortress. You'd think that someone would find a way to make a large plastic pitch work to our advantage but we just can't seem to get there.

Majorly frustrating.

An obvious move (in my opinion) would be to reduce the pitch size but this may interfere in how the stadium owner rents the pitch out. I don't know if he only does full or half pitch but if he does thirds like I've seen at other astro's then reducing the pitch size will probably affect that.

Long before Murray came in I was thinking about our home form and how to make Broomfield a fortress. You'd think that someone would find a way to make a large plastic pitch work to our advantage but we just can't seem to get there.

Majorly frustrating.

An obvious move (in my opinion) would be to reduce the pitch size but this may interfere in how the stadium owner rents the pitch out. I don't know if he only does full or half pitch but if he does thirds like I've seen at other astro's then reducing the pitch size will probably affect that.

Narrowing the pitch wouldn’t make any difference in terms of pitch lets. As far as I know, it’s only the club that uses the pitch for training and the community club train and play on it. The pitch isn’t lined for 7’s. The only thing we would need to do is drill new holes for the corner flag sockets and get some line-marking paint assuming they’ve still got the machine for applying it.

Thanks for all of that, that's amazing.

not sure what I make of the stats to be honest....pretty poor that we have as many wins away than  we do at home (well...1 off it) but at the same time I thought our home form was even worse so almost pleasantly surprised 😂

17 hours ago, Moon said:

Thanks for all of that, that's amazing.

not sure what I make of the stats to be honest....pretty poor that we have as many wins away than  we do at home (well...1 off it) but at the same time I thought our home form was even worse so almost pleasantly surprised 😂

Out a total 288 points we have taken 137 at home,that is shocking !!!!!!

3 hours ago, Stevo1968 said:

No team fear coming to us though, it’s not a hostile environment intact it’s the polar opposite

I'm not sure any ground in this division would have what could be called a "hostile environment" though. Do you fear any other team in this league?

Lol good point.  Shouldn't fear anyone in this league  this season we have been too defensive minded allowing teams to control midfield. If we change the team that played second half this week or the 4 3 3 it would be outrageous. If the team put pressure on teams at home we may win a lot more games which in turn would encourage fans back and create a better atmosphere. Nothing more intimidating than a bunch of excited Airdrie fans watching an exciting team of Airdrie footballers.