The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Also for what it's worth I'd much rather Arran Ross got a game ahead of Jonathan Page. We all know Page isn't good enough and is not going to get better so what good is it for the club to have a young centre half twiddling his thumbs on the bench in a reserve game when he could be gaining experience going up against the likes of Hardie and Da Vita? 

4 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Also for what it's worth I'd much rather Arran Ross got a game ahead of Jonathan Page. We all know Page isn't good enough and is not going to get better so what good is it for the club to have a young centre half twiddling his thumbs on the bench in a reserve game when he could be gaining experience going up against the likes of Hardie and Da Vita? 

The sad thing is, it just seems that it doesn't matter anymore. 

3 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

yes I would rather play some of the young lads rather than some of the players we are playing at the moment.the manager can’t think they are good enough when he brings in 18year olds that will be gone at end of season ,

Organised chaos !!!

There's just a huge sense of apathy around the club just now isn't there? I think we had all thought that we were finally going to have a really good season but obviously things are going terribly.

So, we got a takeover, got decent investment, and now have a new manager and none of those things have put us any closer to getting out of this league. When you add in the relationship with the Trust going down the toilet, things are indeed looking bleak.

Whilst I think the manager needs to be given the time to build his own team before being judged, I can see why people are starting to get a wee bit frustrated, I know I am.

But we need to ask ourselves, what would changing manager achieve at this point? Perhaps a 2 or 3 game new manager bounce but after that we still need to let the new guy build his team before seeing where we are. For the first time in years we have a guy with experience, we need to let him use it to build us a new team. Unless there are people who genuinely think we have the right players. (I'd argue that they are wrong, but that's just, like, my opinion man)

But yeah, I'm pretty down just now and generally can't be bothered thinking about Airdrie. 

5 minutes ago, Moon said:

There's just a huge sense of apathy around the club just now isn't there? I think we had all thought that we were finally going to have a really good season but obviously things are going terribly.

So, we got a takeover, got decent investment, and now have a new manager and none of those things have put us any closer to getting out of this league. When you add in the relationship with the Trust going down the toilet, things are indeed looking bleak.

Whilst I think the manager needs to be given the time to build his own team before being judged, I can see why people are starting to get a wee bit frustrated, I know I am.

But we need to ask ourselves, what would changing manager achieve at this point? Perhaps a 2 or 3 game new manager bounce but after that we still need to let the new guy build his team before seeing where we are. For the first time in years we have a guy with experience, we need to let him use it to build us a new team. Unless there are people who genuinely think we have the right players. (I'd argue that they are wrong, but that's just, like, my opinion man)

But yeah, I'm pretty down just now and generally can't be bothered thinking about Airdrie. 

Agree with the above, as we drift towards the end of the season man players will already be thinking about next season and quite probably a good few of the existing squad will already know officially or through the grapevine that they will be released, so where is the incentive for them to really try hard.  Sure you might expect that they would try to impress other clubs but is seems in this league that everyone knows everyone else so reputations and capabilities will already be known.  I am actually starting to think next season might just be as bad as this, unless Murray can  persuade players with genuine talent to a club that has been stagnant for many years, has declining crowns  a stadium with zero atmosphere and for all we know may still be unstable at boardroom level.  Now where did I leave those pills......

I've just gotten around to listening to part 1 of the podcast, and whilst I am (as you can see from my post above) more in line with Gordon's view, I actually see what Alan is saying in many ways. Do we have evidence that Murray can turn it around and turn us in to a championship winning team? I couldn't tell you, I have no in depth knowledge of his career before joining us. But I suppose I go back to my earlier point in a way - what guarantee is there that we would or could bring in a guy who can definitely do it?

I think the guys on the podcast hit the nail on the head by saying that it all depends on the financial backing this summer.  I'm going to nail my colours to the mast and say that we will not get promoted next season either, it will be a transitional season due to financial constraints in being able to change the team. (but an actual transitional season where we will be better but not quite there, not these endlessly shite seasons where we are just going nowhere)

I agree to a certain extent that finance next season will be a major issue. My main fear however is the similarities between Murray and Bollan. Both came into a bad situation and steadied the ship and looked at fitness and organisation. What both of them failed to do in my opinion was look to where our goals were coming from.

I still believe we started the season way short of goals in all positions, Murray has not addressed that issue in my opinion.

If we do not find a team over the close season who have proven goal scorers then I fear for us. Look at the players on the bench for Arbroath most weeks, almost any of them would come straight into our side...it's not all about money.

On 3/21/2019 at 09:42, Jack Reed said:

I wonder how many of us say a average of 600 that go to home games ,think we have the right manager to take us forward , as for myself I am looking for something positive  ,can't find much if any improvement on Findlay .

Jack,  I don't know how many countless thousand times you've been told this, but the manager is working with a shit load of haddies signed by Findlay. Expecting him to come in and turn Ryan Conroy into N'golo Kante is a fucking ridiculous mindset. He cannot transform this shite into anything other than what they are.

Bang on about changing the manager as much as you want, I'll judge him when he's his own team on the park and we can ship out the dossers and empty jerseys masquerading as a team that we're currently subjected to.

Regarding the other posts of the shite behind the scenes. I'm just fucking sick of it now. Whatever the f**k is going on, we're not gonna sell a lot of season tickets with all the negativity surrounding the club and the way this season is petering out. A positive statement would be lovely but I get the impression that PH would rather just let things pan out whichever way they do than put his head above the parapet.

Jack,  I don't know how many countless thousand times you've been told this, but the manager is working with a shit load of haddies signed by Findlay. Expecting him to come in and turn Ryan Conroy into N'golo Kante is a fucking ridiculous mindset. He cannot transform this shite into anything other than what they are.
Bang on about changing the manager as much as you want, I'll judge him when he's his own team on the park and we can ship out the dossers and empty jerseys masquerading as a team that we're currently subjected to.
Regarding the other posts of the shite behind the scenes. I'm just fucking sick of it now. Whatever the f**k is going on, we're not gonna sell a lot of season tickets with all the negativity surrounding the club and the way this season is petering out. A positive statement would be lovely but I get the impression that PH would rather just let things pan out whichever way they do than put his head above the parapet.

I’ve stopped replying to him he keeps posting the same drivel got bored of him now,he expects Murray to turn Dale carrick into pele and if he doesn’t he’s no any better than Findlay

Roaster

A united fan base... United in apathy ☹️

I desperately want Airdrie to be a success. I understand Alan’s concerns from when we recorded the Podcast. There’s no guarantee with Murray but are we really going to get a highly successful coach.

Gordon made the point that it’s all about recruitment and we mentioned Ian McCall’s team. There’s plenty examples like when Clyde went from open trials in a Park to knocking Celtic out of Cup on Roy Keane’s debut.

It can be turned around and quickly.... but we you get the feeling if we can’t make it happen very soon then we never will. Down to Murray showing how he can wheel and deal... provided we can stay up🤞🏻

1 hour ago, Spanish Armada said:

I’ve stopped replying to him he keeps posting the same drivel got bored of him now,he expects Murray to turn Dale carrick into pele and if he doesn’t he’s no any better than Findlay

Roaster

I bow to your knowledge ,this team has finally got to me .will give it a miss for rest of season ,no more drivel or  hoping the manager can make players into someone they will never be .

I bow to your knowledge ,this team has finally got to me .will give it a miss for rest of season ,no more drivel or  hoping the manager can make players into someone they will never be .

I accept your a opinion maybe the first time or the second time but it’s the same opinion over and over again,we already know you Cannae polish shite Sir Alex couldn’t make this team good

Pleased you accept my opinion,unlike yourself I know nothing about the off the field running of the club,team keeps  playing the same way every week  so I just kept on saying the same every week ,it would be in Airdrie's interest and mine if both were to stop,however as I have said you will be glad no more games for me this season so no more opinions ,

Roaster
At the risk of sounding like I'm "jumping on the bandwagon" I simply cannot criticise the manager as much as others want to at the moment.
IMO he's got free reign until a quarter into next season to see how he's recruited, how he sets his own team of players up and how he performs after a full pre season.
Anyone thinking its Murrays fault at the moment is absolutely deludedas others have said, there's not one coach on this earth that could turn page or crighton into Maldini.

It’s clear Murray is hampered by what he’s inherited . He doesn’t have the players to rip it up and start again so has settled for making us hard to score against with the hope of nicking a goal or two where we can. Having said that, the players are underperforming for me. They’re obviously not great but some of the displays since the Celtic game (and the run we were on before that) have been embarrassingly bad.