Moon

The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

31 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

We never laid a glove on Raith (managers words ) no no use blaming defence ,midfield,or up front ,subs came on changed nothing ,worrying thing is the units bad  we are not a good team or anything like it ,that game yesterday was like watching a replay of last season or season before ,something has got to change and quick if we are to finish top 4 ,it's a bad day when we are a hybrid unit with as many full time players and are worrying about finishing top 4  in this league .we are just not Airdrie .

Correction this is Airdrie,  and the same Airdrie it has been for a long long time.  Sad but true...

We need one vision.  Raith are focussed on getting out this league,  all there money is going on first team players to try and progress,  Falkirk are the same and that's why they will win the league..    Airdrie a handful of full timers,  part timers  and an array  of fulltime youth players,   we must have a wage bill that could choke a horse,  spunking money on youth is a high risk, low reward ptoject.    The Future is now we all know another 2 or 3 years in this league is not an option.

I don't see how we get out of this league this year. 

I wasn't at the game yesterday but it sounds like we have the same old midfield problems that we've had for 2 years (and maybe longer) now. It seems that no amount of recuitment or new managers or coaches can fix it. Baffling.

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

Correction this is Airdrie,  and the same Airdrie it has been for a long long time.  Sad but true...

We need one vision.  Raith are focussed on getting out this league,  all there money is going on first team players to try and progress,  Falkirk are the same and that's why they will win the league..    Airdrie a handful of full timers,  part timers  and an array  of fulltime youth players,   we must have a wage bill that could choke a horse,  spunking money on youth is a high risk, low reward ptoject.    The Future is now we all know another 2 or 3 years in this league is not an option.

Totally agree, 5 or 6 youth players on £100 a week add that up and get a decent first team player for that one.

If we could stop playing a midfield made up almost entirely of defensive midfielders that would be great thnx. It's League 1 FFS we are going to be playing some variety of rubbish every week so there's absolutely no need to be set up in fear of losing. Play one of Millar, McKay or Wedderburn, put Roberts or Hawkshaw in there to actually get a bit of distribution and link defence to attack and play Thomson (who despite having a flaky final ball is a threat at this level just by running at defenders) and McCann/O'Reilly (if or when he's fit again) out wide. It shouldn't be so difficult. 

If we could stop playing a midfield made up almost entirely of defensive midfielders that would be great thnx. It's League 1 FFS we are going to be playing some variety of rubbish every week so there's absolutely no need to be set up in fear of losing. Play one of Millar, McKay or Wedderburn, put Roberts or Hawkshaw in there to actually get a bit of distribution and link defence to attack and play Thomson (who despite having a flaky final ball is a threat at this level just by running at defenders) and McCann/O'Reilly (if or when he's fit again) out wide. It shouldn't be so difficult. 

That will be good to play O’reilly when he ain’t on loan anymore he was sent back due to injury

That will be good to play O’reilly when he ain’t on loan anymore he was sent back due to injury
To be fair to him, I knew O'Reilly was injured but I didn't know he'd been sent back.
Shame really as I think he could have been a decent player in this league this season.

1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

To be fair to him, I knew O'Reilly was injured but I didn't know he'd been sent back.
Shame really as I think he could have been a decent player in this league this season.

Aye it's always the good ones that are gone ,

2 hours ago, Spanish Armada said:

Hasn't been confirmed anywhere by us or St Johnstone he's been sent back but knew he was out injured (as referred to above). Point still stands though - we're making it unnecessarily difficult for ourselves by setting up so defensively when there's absolutely no need to.   

17 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Hasn't been confirmed anywhere by us or St Johnstone he's been sent back but knew he was out injured (as referred to above). Point still stands though - we're making it unnecessarily difficult for ourselves by setting up so defensively when there's absolutely no need to.   

You would think that we do not need to play so defensive in this league ,but reality is our players are of this low standard at best ,as they are showing every week ,aye we beat Dumbarton very lucky ,the Irish team aswell it was their second team .every game except in the second half of the Clyde game as someone else pointed out we have struggled ,It is the managers team now ,we expect better ,

Lack of communication over this one definitely but he's no longer listed on the squad list on our website so I assume the loan was terminated

Some of you on here might groan at this but I think it'd be worth considering to bring wedderburn back into the starting 11. Had a howler against East Fife and looked dodgy when he came on against Dumbarton but that midfield needs shook up and he can't be worse than what was on offer today.

Things (or players) can always be worse.

3 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

Sandy Stewart  takes charge of Ayr ,as McCall goes to Thistle .strange one .

Strange that McCall has gone? or that Stewarts in charge?

Reading their threads, apparently I McC was on a rolling month to month contract at Ayr, and IMO, I reckon Thistle was the only (realistic) team he would have left Ayr for. Im sure I read his boys a ST holder there, and he's obviously got a connection with them from years ago as well.  Probably one of they ones, you never know the next time its going to come up and his Stocks as high as it's ever been after the job he's done at Ayr.

Anyway

f*ck the Thistle

f*ck the Ayr.

21 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Strange that McCall has gone? or that Stewarts in charge?

Reading their threads, apparently I McC was on a rolling month to month contract at Ayr, and IMO, I reckon Thistle was the only (realistic) team he would have left Ayr for. Im sure I read his boys a ST holder there, and he's obviously got a connection with them from years ago as well.  Probably one of they ones, you never know the next time its going to come up and his Stocks as high as it's ever been after the job he's done at Ayr.

Anyway

f*ck the Thistle

f*ck the Ayr.

Aye. We used to be able to do that ,

Monthly podcast is up.

Recent Form, Murray’s Contract, McCoist 1998 - sliding doors moment for the club, Thunderb*****d Goals and Song for Airdrie

Available wherever you find Podcasts. Search OTL Podcast or ask Alexa to Play OTL podcast

Almost that time again, scores and team predictions..? 

Im going for 3-0 finally we find the goal more than once in a match and it ends up comfortable.

Willison 

fordyce Crighton kerr

mckay Roberts Wedderburn Mccann 

hawkshaw

smith Roy 

2 hours ago, Stevo1968 said:

Almost that time again, scores and team predictions..? 

Im going for 3-0 finally we find the goal more than once in a match and it ends up comfortable.

Willison 

fordyce Crighton kerr

mckay Roberts Wedderburn Mccann 

hawkshaw

smith Roy 

No Wedderburn or Roy for me thanks, the both offer absolutely zero on the park for me. I will give you Hawkshaw though, i'd like to see more of him as I always thought he tried his best to get forward and create rather than the pedestrian back and sideways passing.

I'd have McCann back in on that left for sure though, and persevere with Gallagher and Smith up front.

31 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

No Wedderburn or Roy for me thanks, the both offer absolutely zero on the park for me. I will give you Hawkshaw though, i'd like to see more of him as I always thought he tried his best to get forward and create rather than the pedestrian back and sideways passing.

I'd have McCann back in on that left for sure though, and persevere with Gallagher and Smith up front.

Roy in front of Gallagher up front ,some one else thinking like the manager ,let's change it ,