Moon

The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Roy seems a busted flush, head seems all over the place on the park.. Struggled badly to do the basics was alw ays  a high risk signing.....  Agree about Kerr and Crighton,  Kerr especially is attacking the ball more now which he didn't do at the start of the season...  Up front Smith and Seagal are working hard and getting there rewards now.    Big problem is a very onepaced safety first centre midfield pairing,   I personally think big nat and Cowan could be out best pairing,  Millar and McKay battle away with no real creativity,  The lad Reilly on loan from Accies is highly rated but never seen him yet.     Big decision for Murray next week does he start Eckersley or young McCann,  I personally don't think we can play both in the same team.

Big Nat is the worst midfielder we have we have not lost a game without him.Mckay has not let us down I would prefer Roberts for his aggression and is a better attacking option.I don't know anything about Reilly and think he played against us I think we could play both Eckersley and McCann on left side of midfield.

1 hour ago, Diamond legend said:

Big Nat is the worst midfielder we have we have not lost a game without him.Mckay has not let us down I would prefer Roberts for his aggression and is a better attacking option.I don't know anything about Reilly and think he played against us I think we could play both Eckersley and McCann on left side of midfield.

Who would you drop across defence and midfield to fit both Eckersley and Mccann 

Edited by Stevo1968
Missed out a word

It’s good to be in the draw for next round , good job their defence is as bad as ours  , players out of position most of the time , good goals from Gallagher saved us , how much are we crying out for poaching striker ,it’s every week but doesn’t seem to concern manager .middle of the league display yesterday if that , 

On 07/09/2019 at 15:42, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I fair enjoyed that 2nd half.
Once this team can play a full 90 minutes I'm confident someone will concede a few to us.
Gallaghers as close to a goal scoring striker we have, Callum Smith is one of the hardest working players I've seen, he gives 100% every time and that goal from chasing down today was the least he deserved, hope he gets a few more.

I sit just in line with the 18yard line at the Craigneuk end, and the older boys who sit at the back of that section gave Gallagher it stinking the full second half. He's never going to be easy on the eye especially with that running style but if he gets chances he'll get shots away and inevitably score goals.
They went absolutely mental when the anonymous Roy was subbed and not Gallagher.
Cue "SeaGal" nutmegging the boy on the far touchline, cutting inside another 2 players and ripping one into the top bin, the definition of "you love to see it".
A better second half all in and now we hope for a decent away day.

This the same old boy that gives Crichton stick all game ? 

This the same old boy that gives Crichton stick all game ? 

Think it might be.

McDonald got it tight all last year as well.

It wasn't just the odd "f*ck sake gallagher" which is fine if someone mistimes it or mis controls a ball, he was actually shouting "you're an embarrassment Gallagher".

Then for the Bohs second goal.....

" usual Crighton, slowest man on the park".

Big Sean is arguably THE most improved performer since Murray came in, hard to believe this is the same guy who was falling over his own feet under Findlay. Credit where its due, the big mans exactly what you need at centre half at this level.

5 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Think it might be.

McDonald got it tight all last year as well.

It wasn't just the odd "f*ck sake gallagher" which is fine if someone mistimes it or mis controls a ball, he was actually shouting "you're an embarrassment Gallagher".

Then for the Bohs second goal.....

" usual Crighton, slowest man on the park".

Big Sean is arguably THE most improved performer since Murray came in, hard to believe this is the same guy who was falling over his own feet under Findlay. Credit where its due, the big mans exactly what you need at centre half at this level.

Agreed  and its deffo the same boy, ive made a point of shouting for Crichton even when he hasnt done anything just to annoy the boy. He shouted "crichton turned too easy" for BOHOs second goal wasnt even him. utter w*nk 

12 hours ago, Stevo1968 said:

Who would you drop across defence and midfield to fit both Eckersley and Mccann 

Nobody safe,what about the goalkeeper .

On 7 September 2019 at 18:58, diamondman said:

Happy with the result today; could easily have been against us.

A lot happened on our left where Thomson was playing wing back. Good going forward and tries defending;but caught out a few times. As in the first goal.

Gallacher's second strike was a peach.

Another example of playing a player out of position ,Thomson is just not a defender ,

10 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Nobody safe,what about the goalkeeper .

Going on Saturday I'd say Hutton.

On 07/09/2019 at 15:42, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I fair enjoyed that 2nd half.
Once this team can play a full 90 minutes I'm confident someone will concede a few to us.
Gallaghers as close to a goal scoring striker we have, Callum Smith is one of the hardest working players I've seen, he gives 100% every time and that goal from chasing down today was the least he deserved, hope he gets a few more.

I sit just in line with the 18yard line at the Craigneuk end, and the older boys who sit at the back of that section gave Gallagher it stinking the full second half. He's never going to be easy on the eye especially with that running style but if he gets chances he'll get shots away and inevitably score goals.
They went absolutely mental when the anonymous Roy was subbed and not Gallagher.
Cue "SeaGal" nutmegging the boy on the far touchline, cutting inside another 2 players and ripping one into the top bin, the definition of "you love to see it".
A better second half all in and now we hope for a decent away day.

:lol:

It's amazing that he needs to go through this at every club. I'm still incredibly sad he's not with us.

18 hours ago, Moon said:

what was the st andrews flag in the bohs end?

I'm sure I read somewhere on-line that they have some Scottish based fans.

Poor Calum. That's exactly what he had to put up with us.
Like I said when you signed him, he is awkward and ungainly, but stick him upfront for a run of games and he'll score goals. The fact he works himself into the ground and never hides are just additional positives.
Roy on the other hand is a ghost.
He never hides, he's creating chances for himself and he's the closest thing to a goalscorer we have.
Dale Carrick will chase everything down and work his socks off for the team but he's never going to be a 10+ goal striker.
Ally Roy's a local lad and I feel that's clouding folks judgement, especially the "older gents" I referred to that was apoplectic Roy was coming off before Gallagher.
See if he's scoring a goal or 2 most games, I couldn't give a f*ck if he falls over his own feet for 85 minutes.

It's amazing that he needs to go through this at every club. I'm still incredibly sad he's not with us.
I'm delighted he's with us.
There's something honest about his game, he's a worker and he looks like he's trying all the time.

32 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

He never hides, he's creating chances for himself and he's the closest thing to a goalscorer we have.
Dale Carrick will chase everything down and work his socks off for the team but he's never going to be a 10+ goal striker.
Ally Roy's a local lad and I feel that's clouding folks judgement, especially the "older gents" I referred to that was apoplectic Roy was coming off before Gallagher.
See if he's scoring a goal or 2 most games, I couldn't give a f*ck if he falls over his own feet for 85 minutes.I'm delighted he's with us.
There's something honest about his game, he's a worker and he looks like he's trying all the time.

Gallagher and Smith up front is a good pairing at this level, thought that the first time I saw them play so was frustrating that it took a while to play them together. They are total opposites and therefore will test defenses and make us harder to play against. Between the two of them there is a mix of pace and physicality, they both work hard and if they get given half decent service will score goals. They are also decent at making the most of non-existent service. Not saying they are world beaters but I've watched enough of this level to know they will be pretty effective. If we could just improve the service from midfield it would make all the difference.

21 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

If you played your second team that’s not being sporting , after your last year outcome , you would be better not to be in it if it means that little to your club, 

You lot aren't half a bitter bunch of c***s😂 imagine our reserve team had of beat you on your own patch...  We were invited, Handy few quid and a chance for our underage players to get experience..

Our league is drawing to an end, we are third and if we finish third that's European football, absolutely massive financially for us. We are in the quarters of the cup, neutral venue against non league opposition, so probably the semis, again financially very rewarding... Do you honestly think we are gonna risk first team players for this diddy farce of a comp.. 

Unlike my bohemian supporting mate on here I hope you get horsed in the next round, union jack waving fannies..

2 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

You lot aren't half a bitter bunch of c***s😂 imagine our reserve team had of beat you on your own patch...  We were invited, Handy few quid and a chance for our underage players to get experience..

Our league is drawing to an end, we are third and if we finish third that's European football, absolutely massive financially for us. We are in the quarters of the cup, neutral venue against non league opposition, so probably the semis, again financially very rewarding... Do you honestly think we are gonna risk first team players for this diddy farce of a comp.. 

Unlike my bohemian supporting mate on here I hope you get horsed in the next round, union jack waving fannies..

Last bunch of foreigners to play a reserve team in a tournament against Airdrie had their sponsorship withdrawn!

1 minute ago, Old Diamond said:

Last bunch of foreigners to play a reserve team in a tournament against Airdrie had their sponsorship withdrawn!

Money is already in the bank mate

14 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Money is already in the bank mate

It's not about money in the bank ,it's hard enough to get punters through the gates to watch football ,just expect teams to put out their best team ,however it could have been worse it could have been at your  ground and postponed  with 5 min to kickoff.

8 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

It's not about money in the bank ,it's hard enough to get punters through the gates to watch football ,just expect teams to put out their best team ,however it could have been worse it could have been at your  ground and postponed  with 5 min to kickoff.

Football is all about money these days Jack unfortunately and we have have no problem getting punters though the gates to watch us. I've already explained why we put our wee team out.  As for the postponement, these things happen when you have a grass pitch, officials appointed by your associations fault😉 

Edited by Bohemian

36 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Our league is drawing to an end, we are third and if we finish third that's European football, absolutely massive financially for us. We are in the quarters of the cup, neutral venue against non league opposition, so probably the semis, again financially very rewarding... Do you honestly think we are gonna risk first team players for this diddy farce of a comp.

Thanks for explaining why the current format needs to change in order to restore the sporting integrity of the competition.

It might only be a shitey, wee, diddy cup but it's our shitey, wee, diddy cup, and we'd rather have winning it mean something.

9 minutes ago, stuartcraig said:

Thanks for explaining why the current format needs to change in order to restore the sporting integrity of the competition.

It might only be a shitey, wee, diddy cup but it's our shitey, wee, diddy cup, and we'd rather have winning it mean something.

But its not your wee shitey diddy cup is it mate.. if you don't want Johnny foreigner in it stop inviting them, simple really..  Not sure that really needed explaining..