Jump to content
Moon

The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Recommended Posts

To be fair, that was a penalty (first one), couldn't really see the second one properly. Defo red card for that shocker of a tackle.

 

I'm fairly shite at predictions but last season I said that Arbroath were dark horses. This season I think Forfar are in that role, so lets keep the heid if it's a difficult game next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Moon said:

To be fair, that was a penalty (first one), couldn't really see the second one properly. Defo red card for that shocker of a tackle.

 

I'm fairly shite at predictions but last season I said that Arbroath were dark horses. This season I think Forfar are in that role, so lets keep the heid if it's a difficult game next week.

Agree was certain at the time it was never a penalty,  watching the highlights show Eckersley ta king his man out, ball was miles away....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

😂😂😂

Unlucky Clydebank

State of this c**t 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My overriding impression so far is that we have a good starting 11, but when we start to make substitutions we change the way we’re playing and fall out the game.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only saw the QP game but from what I've seen and heard I'm cautiously optimistic we can do well this season. Think we have the players going forward to some serious damage to teams. Especially if we can find a way to get the best out of Gallagher, Smith and Roy when they're all on the pitch at the same time. Hawkshaw, Cowan, Roberts, Thomson, O'Reilly and Carrick should give our forwards plenty of chances. Hopefully Murray now knows his best team and we should have an indication of that next week. Worth remembering too that we still have MacDonald, McKay and a fully fit Roberts to come into the team as well. 

Obviously decisions went against us in the Clyde and Accies games but I am a little worried we're developing a tendency to 'shit the bed' so to speak when we concede whilst sitting on a lead. That needs to be sorted out (I still think we sit too deep when we're winning) but I'm sure Murray and the rest of the coaching staff are working on it. 

Next week will be a good test but hopefully we can get a good home win to kick-off the season. 

Overall I'm fairly hopeful. We're certainly due a good season anyway.

Edited by airdrieman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this Saturday will be a cracking indicator of where we'll be this year.
Forfar looked to have overcame a potentially horrendous summer losing some key players, but they've done well and replaced well, and IMO look stronger than last year! If we can start with a win (or even a point tbh) it won't be a bad start and we can draw some optimism from that.
Obviously I want Airdrie to do well, but I actually want Murray to succeed, IMO he's a likeable guy, speaks reasonably well and doesn't sugar coat things.
So for these reasons..... I'm in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I think this Saturday will be a cracking indicator of where we'll be this year.
Forfar looked to have overcame a potentially horrendous summer losing some key players, but they've done well and replaced well, and IMO look stronger than last year! If we can start with a win (or even a point tbh) it won't be a bad start and we can draw some optimism from that.
Obviously I want Airdrie to do well, but I actually want Murray to succeed, IMO he's a likeable guy, speaks reasonably well and doesn't sugar coat things.
So for these reasons..... I'm in.

Has to be 3 points at home  , 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Passionate said:

Agree was certain at the time it was never a penalty,  watching the highlights show Eckersley ta king his man out, ball was miles away....

Watching highlights also and the game is now gone, but to describe that incident as "balls...miles away" is a wee bit of an exaggeration. It appeared to me as two guys going up to clear the ball/the No 2 does get there marginally first but it is not "taking out". All a matter of opinion for us but the Ref has the power to decide if it is a foul or attempted foul and he goes for awarding a penalty. As to the second it is a handball by Kerr and in the new rules it will be a penalty, but he is also being pushed by the Hamilton player as the ball moves on from the corner. It also looks as if the Ref books Gallagher and I can't see why.  Forfar game will be a tough start to a tough season but I am "Glass half full" just now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interview with Scott Black on the Academy set up for the podcast now available.



It’s also on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Deezer, Tune In and through Amazon Alexa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest I think that if you had told any of us that pre season (and I include the league cup in this) would have panned out as it has a month ago we would probably have been OK with it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone has uploaded highlights of the Caley v Aridrie cup replay from 1990, not the best conditions but a classic orange ball.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Someone has uploaded highlights of the Caley v Aridrie cup replay from 1990, not the best conditions but a classic orange ball.

 

Aye, was at the game ,snow pilled high on either side of road ,bit of a farce,worse when we got beat ,a long drive home but at least I got home ,I think gates got shut and road closed for a while ,worse than daft driving roughly 250 miles .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Aye, was at the game ,snow pilled high on either side of road ,bit of a farce,worse when we got beat ,a long drive home but at least I got home ,I think gates got shut and road closed for a while ,worse than daft driving roughly 250 miles .

I'm sure Airdrie hadn't lost at home for a year or something like that but needed an injury time equaliser in the first game to get the replay.

Some classic celebration singing from the Caley team :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I'm sure Airdrie hadn't lost at home for a year or something like that but needed an injury time equaliser in the first game to get the replay.

Some classic celebration singing from the Caley team :lol: 

There would be it was a big scalp at that time ,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I'm sure Airdrie hadn't lost at home for a year or something like that but needed an injury time equaliser in the first game to get the replay.

Some classic celebration singing from the Caley team :lol: 

Was on the park celebrating that equalizer. It was unthinkable for Caley to beat us at the time.....then the replay........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It must be the only time that "Big Johnny" has came out second best in a penalty shoot out..........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pesadilla said:

Was on the park celebrating that equalizer. It was unthinkable for Caley to beat us at the time.....then the replay........

One of the first games i can remember well. Was in the stand with my Grandad at the game. Equaliser celebrations stand out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

To be honest I think that if you had told any of us that pre season (and I include the league cup in this) would have panned out as it has a month ago we would probably have been OK with it!

Although the play is better the results could have been better,cowdenbeath was the only game we dominated ,Queens and Clyde to close for comfort ,lost as expected against  Thistle and Hamilton,Sat  is the one we want to win .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, She who dares gins said:

Anyone know if Paul McKay will be cleared to play for Saturday’s game?

If he was who would be replace,  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...