Moon

The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

14 hours ago, DiamondOwl said:

You obviously didn't notice the difference in Stewart, to me it was obvious. He was not clicking with Murray's way of doing things and certainly was not the player he had been. 

Stewarts form had dipped well before Murray I would say probably half way through season before. Had lost pace which was a big factor in his game  & positional sense was getting worse under Findlay.

28 minutes ago, CumbyDiamond said:

Stewarts form had dipped well before Murray I would say probably half way through season before. Had lost pace which was a big factor in his game  & positional sense was getting worse under Findlay.

I like Stewart and would have been happy enough for him to stay but he had a terrible start to last season. He came under a lot of criticism on here and FB. A number of posters were asking for him to be dropped. In the final weeks of Findlays reign he was subbed early in a couple of matches before eventually dropping to the bench for a few games. His best performances of the season came later in the season, under Murray. Obviously too little too late to win over the manger. 

completely agree with the person above who says we don't need any more defenders other than a right back.

25 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Am I the only one on here that thinks Conor Sammon  will be a handful in this league !!

Will easily be one of top scorers in this league 

Edited by airdrie88
Missing word

2 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

McKay even!

We had him on trial. Looked decent enough, should be a good signing!

Well there you go another youngster with virtually no experience. Just what we need. And a defender. No harm to the lad and he maybe he’ll be ok but if there’s any money to spare it should go towards a proven striker.

Will easily be one of the top scorers in this league 
Based on his previous stats I doubt it. Regardless of the quality of the league.

Actually think that’s a pretty good signing. He’s primarily a centre half but article says he can play right back or in the midfield too. Think his versatility will be useful. Come to think of it too, apart from the youngsters, there isn’t much cover in defence. If any of the starting XI got injured or suspended you’d start to struggle so think he could be a very useful addition. Will be interesting to see where he slots in and/or who drops out. Comes with a decent reputation too. Hopefully he’s better than his brother anyway...