• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Moon

The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

https://www.airdriefc.com/1920news/19%2F20-season-tickets

This would have been a good chance to drop the prices and get folk on board. Unless the board hold the same opinion previously held by Ballantyne that you’re going to get the same folk turning up regardless of the price so reducing the price would reduce the revenue from gate receipts.

Winning teams will get fans back not just the prices!

I'll be renewing my season ticket on my return from holiday. Looking forward to this season (as I was last season and the season before that). 

I was on a bit of  a downer given the sidelining of the supporters trust and I think the owners are missing a trick not getting them on board and utilising all that community and charity work experience and their success in raising the profile of the club both locally and nationally. A lot of good people only with the clubs best interests at heart. 

While I still have nagging doubts about the owners especially how they are going to fund it all, the pace of the change has been impressive - the turnover of playing staff in both getting guys out the door and the early recruitment is something we haven't seen for a long while. It remains to be seen if the signings match the expectation, they didn't last year. The communication with the supporters utilising social media is night and day compared to some previous regimes and it's a breath of fresh air. The manager and director of fitbaw all saying the right things and bringing an air of positivity. 

I'll be backing them to the hilt and expect to take in a lot more away games also this year but there is still that wee bit of me that is still expecting it to go pete tong.

https://www.airdriefc.com/1920news/19%2F20-season-tickets

See in this news item that free season tickets for kids can be registered to any season ticket holder.  Thought it had to be every ticket had an adult season ticket?

if that’s the case then that is a great scheme and will allow every kid a chance to get one for free.

really excited about new season and hopefully we can finish high up the league, if jot

top!!

Not sure if you are joking but three seasons ago Montrose were one game from going out the league completely which they would have struggled to come back from. They then won the league despite not being expected to. They were then predicted to finish bottom of the league and get relegated. They absolutely should celebrate getting into the play offs. Had it not been for Stephen Dobbie then they might have gone up.

I really don’t think we should be looking to slag any club especially Montrose who are one of the best run clubs in Scotland.

Seriously, what are you talking about? I didn’t slag Montrose or comment on how they are run as a club. I stated that finishing in the play offs and not getting promoted has the same result as finishing eg 5th. Which for me is failure (looking at it from an Airdrie perspective - I’m sure eg Raith will feel the same). It was a response to a Montrose fan having a dig that they finished above us. My opinion is it doesn’t matter unless you go up. I’ll feel exactly the same this season.
For the record I’m more than aware of Montrose’s recent history and give them the utmost respect. However if Airdrie do what they did last season I won’t be celebrating. We need out this league.

16 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Looks a good bit of business!

Josh is correct on official site that he now needs to be playing games. Loads of young players like him who sign with big clubs then disappear into oblivion lets hope he can kick on but he has it all to prove, even at our level.

2 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

Josh is correct on official site that he now needs to be playing games. Loads of young players like him who sign with big clubs then disappear into oblivion lets hope he can kick on but he has it all to prove, even at our level.

This is part of what annoys me about the colt team discussion.  Larger clubs, such as the OF teams, snap up the the lion's share of the good prospects under the pretence of offering the best coaching and facilities to help their development, knowing full well that none of this is any use without competitive game time alongside experienced players.  The young players are happy to go along with this because they can earn a better salary in Celtic's youth team than they would earn in the 1st team squad of a Championship or League One team.

Maybe if we were serious about developing youth in this country we'd look at ways of supporting clubs in the lower divisions so that they could suitable coaching / facilities while simultaneously giving those young prospects the playing time they need to develop.

34 minutes ago, stuartcraig said:

This is part of what annoys me about the colt team discussion.  Larger clubs, such as the OF teams, snap up the the lion's share of the good prospects under the pretence of offering the best coaching and facilities to help their development, knowing full well that none of this is any use without competitive game time alongside experienced players.  The young players are happy to go along with this because they can earn a better salary in Celtic's youth team than they would earn in the 1st team squad of a Championship or League One team.

Maybe if we were serious about developing youth in this country we'd look at ways of supporting clubs in the lower divisions so that they could suitable coaching / facilities while simultaneously giving those young prospects the playing time they need to develop.

Amen to this!

Seriously, what are you talking about? I didn’t slag Montrose or comment on how they are run as a club. I stated that finishing in the play offs and not getting promoted has the same result as finishing eg 5th. Which for me is failure (looking at it from an Airdrie perspective - I’m sure eg Raith will feel the same). It was a response to a Montrose fan having a dig that they finished above us. My opinion is it doesn’t matter unless you go up. I’ll feel exactly the same this season.
For the record I’m more than aware of Montrose’s recent history and give them the utmost respect. However if Airdrie do what they did last season I won’t be celebrating. We need out this league.

You were essentially saying they had no right to celebrate finishing 4th because, in the end, they failed to get promoted. I disagreed as they absolutely should be celebrating. They would have celebrated 8th so to finish 4th was class.

Airdrie should be disappointed with how we finished because we were expected to at least get to the play offs. Our expectations were completely different to Montrose hence why it cant be classed as the same as “they ultimately failed”.

It will be the same this season. If Airdrie finished 5th and Montrose finished 6th then i would suggest airdrie fans wont be happy but Montrose would be happy with this (i think).

As a concession customer I am quite happy at the season ticket price and will renew . I wondered if they had a different price for getting your favourite seat? The full price for one off attendance has gone up but I suppose a six year freeze had to end some time. As to attracting /keeping punters in that price range , it will depend on how bold the team prospects are.  As said winning teams are more appealing. 

You were essentially saying they had no right to celebrate finishing 4th because, in the end, they failed to get promoted. I disagreed as they absolutely should be celebrating. They would have celebrated 8th so to finish 4th was class.

Airdrie should be disappointed with how we finished because we were expected to at least get to the play offs. Our expectations were completely different to Montrose hence why it cant be classed as the same as “they ultimately failed”.

It will be the same this season. If Airdrie finished 5th and Montrose finished 6th then i would suggest airdrie fans wont be happy but Montrose would be happy with this (i think).

No, essentially I wasn’t. And you’ve used quotation marks for something I didn’t say. I also didn’t say that they shouldn’t celebrate where they finished (you can be happy with your league position but fail in the play offs - 3 teams fail in this respect each season). Good try. Anyway, I’m sure we’re boring everyone so let’s move on.

Just been posted there. Have already emailed the club about payment options.
I got a reply today from the club;

If you wish to pay in instalments, payments would apply as follows:

Adult Ticket £250.00                      £90.00 due end June, £80.00 due end July, £80.00 due end August.

Concession Ticket £150.00           £50.00 due end June, £50.00 due end July, £50.00 due end August.

Please express this option on your application form & account details will be given accordingly.

Many thanks.

Very decent news and makes it more affordable.
Making a saving of £56 over the season if my calculations are correct.

12 minutes ago, Red Diamond said:

Grant Gillespie has left Raith he would be a great signing for Airdrie .

Said he wants a full-full time club. So won’t be us. Millar said in the podcast we were rejected by a player cause he wanted a full-full time club so assuming it was him. 

20 minutes ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

Said he wants a full-full time club. So won’t be us. Millar said in the podcast we were rejected by a player cause he wanted a full-full time club so assuming it was him. 

Do we not sign experienced players full time ,is it only the young lads we sign full time ??

10 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Do we not sign experienced players full time ,is it only the young lads we sign full time ??

Going by Murrays interview the other night it sounds like we do have a few experienced players full time. 

In Gillespie's case...he wants to join a club where every player is full time, not a club with a hybrid setup. 

1 hour ago, DiamondJack85 said:

Going by Murrays interview the other night it sounds like we do have a few experienced players full time. 

In Gillespie's case...he wants to join a club where every player is full time, not a club with a hybrid setup. 

In that case he might struggle.

2 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

As far as I know. Roy, Wedderburn, Fordyce, MacDonald and Edwards are Full Time as well as the young laddies.