The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

You were essentially saying they had no right to celebrate finishing 4th because, in the end, they failed to get promoted. I disagreed as they absolutely should be celebrating. They would have celebrated 8th so to finish 4th was class.

Airdrie should be disappointed with how we finished because we were expected to at least get to the play offs. Our expectations were completely different to Montrose hence why it cant be classed as the same as “they ultimately failed”.

It will be the same this season. If Airdrie finished 5th and Montrose finished 6th then i would suggest airdrie fans wont be happy but Montrose would be happy with this (i think).

No, essentially I wasn’t. And you’ve used quotation marks for something I didn’t say. I also didn’t say that they shouldn’t celebrate where they finished (you can be happy with your league position but fail in the play offs - 3 teams fail in this respect each season). Good try. Anyway, I’m sure we’re boring everyone so let’s move on.

Just been posted there. Have already emailed the club about payment options.
I got a reply today from the club;

If you wish to pay in instalments, payments would apply as follows:

Adult Ticket £250.00                      £90.00 due end June, £80.00 due end July, £80.00 due end August.

Concession Ticket £150.00           £50.00 due end June, £50.00 due end July, £50.00 due end August.

Please express this option on your application form & account details will be given accordingly.

Many thanks.

Very decent news and makes it more affordable.
Making a saving of £56 over the season if my calculations are correct.

12 minutes ago, Red Diamond said:

Grant Gillespie has left Raith he would be a great signing for Airdrie .

Said he wants a full-full time club. So won’t be us. Millar said in the podcast we were rejected by a player cause he wanted a full-full time club so assuming it was him. 

20 minutes ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

Said he wants a full-full time club. So won’t be us. Millar said in the podcast we were rejected by a player cause he wanted a full-full time club so assuming it was him. 

Do we not sign experienced players full time ,is it only the young lads we sign full time ??

10 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Do we not sign experienced players full time ,is it only the young lads we sign full time ??

Going by Murrays interview the other night it sounds like we do have a few experienced players full time. 

In Gillespie's case...he wants to join a club where every player is full time, not a club with a hybrid setup. 

1 hour ago, DiamondJack85 said:

Going by Murrays interview the other night it sounds like we do have a few experienced players full time. 

In Gillespie's case...he wants to join a club where every player is full time, not a club with a hybrid setup. 

In that case he might struggle.

2 hours ago, Moon said:

any news on Conroy & Page or even how pre season training is going?

The club uploaded photos on social media of the first day back at pre-season training today and Page and Conroy are both in them.