• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Moon

The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

If Partick really wanted him we'd have no chance of keeping him.

Roberts is a good signing for you lads, I was really hoping we'd go for him - but unfortunately we appear to be having our usual pre-season crisis.

1 hour ago, AFC1878 said:

Let’s not kid ourselves, it all comes down to money. If he gets a better deal elsewhere he’ll be off.

Of course - that's the way it is at this level and if he does go, good luck to him.  I just hope that he has a decent job outside football and part-time suits him.

I think we be fecked next year if these are the level of 'signings'........

Edited by Maxismydog
Spelling

48 minutes ago, Maxismydog said:

I think we be fecked next year if these are the level of 'signings'........

What are you on about?  Two cracking goals from outside the box from young Roberts...the first from about 25 yards with his left foot and the second from about 35 yards with his right.  How many Airdrie players have you seen do that last season?

3 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:

Roberts is a good signing for you lads, I was really hoping we'd go for him - but unfortunately we appear to be having our usual pre-season crisis.

I've never seen the boy play before so can't really comment but he's well thought of by the QP fans and Colin Paterson, whose opinion I always value, said he was one to watch. Hope he does well. Especially because some of his family are Airdrie fans and I can't be bothered with the grief on here and Facebook if he's shite and his family take exception to us saying so :lol:

As for the other players, I can't see any of the 16-18-year-olds featuring in the first team any time soon unless they're exceptional in which case we should play them. They're still young enough to be playing youth football, and to me anyway, it looks like we've signed them up as long term prospects with an idea of them progressing to the first team in the future rather than right now. But I guess they'll get to train with the first team and play in the reserves (assuming we're running a reserve team again this year?).  

The four reserve players too, I assume, have been signed to play in the reserves and/or flesh out the first team squad which I'm fine with really ( and which they've all been doing already). If they're all going to be starting XI regulars then yes I'll start to worry but Leighton has come into the first team before and done okay. Barrowman is meant to be a highly rated prospect and I don't know a lot about Ross and Pyott but they've both played in the juniors so at least have some level of first-team experience. 

Roberts is a cracking player, potential to be a star in league 1. Fantastic energy and ability on the ball, id imagine he’ll be well liked 

As I have said previously the Club seem to have a definite plan. The trickiest bit is signing experienced good players which definitely will take time. I will be very surprised if the present signings are seen as immediate first team players apart from Roberts. It is entirely possible that the whole thing will be a disaster but now is not the time to pass judgement. Wait till the first team signings are made.

On a completely separate point, with Cove winning the battle of "the wee Rangers" at the weekend, Berwick become the third of the 16 teams that voted against our league status in 2002 to lose theirs.  At this rate all 16 will be gone by around 2120...

On a completely separate point, with Cove winning the battle of "the wee Rangers" at the weekend, Berwick become the third of the 16 teams that voted against our league status in 2002 to lose theirs.  At this rate all 16 will be gone by around 2120...

Who were the teams that did out of curiosity?

1 hour ago, DiamondDownSouth said:

All very Rangersy.

13 hours ago, DiamondDownSouth said:

What are you on about?  Two cracking goals from outside the box from young Roberts...the first from about 25 yards with his left foot and the second from about 35 yards with his right.  How many Airdrie players have you seen do that last season?

Was impressed by his strikes ,as you say not many of the present squad  would be capable.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

All very Rangersy.

we were bitter about clubs voting against us before liquidation was a twinkle in David Murray's eye.

Just now, Moon said:

we were bitter about clubs voting against us before liquidation was a twinkle in David Murray's eye.

Still, holding grudges over it for 20 years and being gleeful when clubs get relegated is not a good look.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Still, holding grudges over it for 20 years and being gleeful when clubs get relegated is not a good look.

meh.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Where have you been?  Bitterness, grudges and gloating at the misfortune of other teams is  at least half of what football is all about.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Tell you what - when every P&B poster agrees to stop posting the "you are the bankies in disguise" and similar boring  jibes we will stop holding grudges and being gleeful when clubs get relegated, deal??

11 minutes ago, Old Diamond said:

Tell you what - when every P&B poster agrees to stop posting the "you are the bankies in disguise" and similar boring  jibes we will stop holding grudges and being gleeful when clubs get relegated, deal??

I prefer to rise above childish schadenfreude.

Except when it's Ayr.