• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Moon

The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

6 minutes ago, Tulloch Gorum said:

Were we actually interested in Wallace or was that just chat on here?

Exactly. That’s the danger with social media. Rumours from anonymous posters in here or comments on the FB page can quickly turn into more that they should. The club have been forthcoming with their communications in recent weeks and i applaud them for that. Not heard anything direct from the club about being interested in Wallace so him signing for another team cannot be seen as a ‘loss’ for us. There’s plenty time and plenty available players out there. Yes, I’d love some signing news but I’d also like to avoid limiting ourselves to ex-players (unless clearly good enough) as well as not rushing in just to please people. 

Ill make my overall judgement on the playing squad once they’re recruited and I’ve seen a few games. 

I hear we were interested. I can't say about Denholm.

1 minute ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Exactly. That’s the danger with social media. Rumours from anonymous posters in here or comments on the FB page can quickly turn into more that they should. The club have been forthcoming with their communications in recent weeks and i applaud them for that. Not heard anything direct from the club about being interested in Wallace so him signing for another team cannot be seen as a ‘loss’ for us. There’s plenty time and plenty available players out there. Yes, I’d love some signing news but I’d also like to avoid limiting ourselves to ex-players (unless clearly good enough) as well as not rushing in just to please people. 

Ill make my overall judgement on the playing squad once they’re recruited and I’ve seen a few games. 

I'm not seeing it as a loss for us as such, my view is much wider at the moment in terms of how last season has annoyed me, but I disagree with saying that you can't view it in that way.

If other teams go out and sign good players for our level (say for example Dom Thomas is open to a loan move to another side) we can very much see that as being a loss for us. It's either a loss in the sense that he didn't want to come here, or a loss in the sense that we weren't quick enough to make a move.

In general I'd agree with your point about not rushing in and getting the right players - recruitment is going to be what makes or breaks us. The whole issue last season is that the majority of us got caught up in the flurry of signings.

1 hour ago, Tulloch Gorum said:

Were we actually interested in Wallace or was that just chat on here?

It was reported in the press.

Whether we wanted him or not, Wallace has now signed for another club so we move on.  We need to be interested in signing players who want to play for Airdrie, and in particular for Ian Murray.

6 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

For me, the judgement begins now.

That said, depending on how many of last year's team move on, Murray will be able to claim he is still dealing with the legacy of Findlay's signings.  Answering how much grace that should buy him will hopefully remain an academic exercise.

19 hours ago, Pesadilla said:

Your opinion is utterly ridiculous though. You claim to be a more mature fan yet after about  a month of Murray being in post all he got from you is criticism. I ask again, what do you expect from him coming into post with a team he's inherited and a limited budget? 

I tell you what I expected? Make us more difficult to beat and keep us up. He's achieved that. He'll get criticism from me next year based on who he signs and team performance. 

To you my opinion is ridiculous,that's fine your opinion ,it's a bit hurtful a fellow fan telling you to pipe down  ,after home and away most games for to many years .its the way I saw it ,for certain I am not the one who hurls abuse at players on a Saturday  ,shouting abuse on a sat does no one any use ,one thing for sure is I only want Airdrie to win ,now I'll pipe down .

2 hours ago, Moon said:

If other teams go out and sign good players for our level (say for example Dom Thomas is open to a loan move to another side) we can very much see that as being a loss for us. It's either a loss in the sense that he didn't want to come here, or a loss in the sense that we weren't quick enough to make a move.

I broadly agree that we have to compete with the other teams in the league with the standard of player that we sign but would also say that the focus should be on building consistent strength across the team, even if that means were missing out on star players in individual positions.

2 hours ago, stuartcraig said:

I broadly agree that we have to compete with the other teams in the league with the standard of player that we sign but would also say that the focus should be on building consistent strength across the team, even if that means were missing out on star players in individual positions.

yeah I'd agree with that.

Anybody on here at the Trust POTY/Hall of Fame Inductions/Charity Night in the Workman’s last night?

5 hours ago, AFC1878 said:

Anybody on here at the Trust POTY/Hall of Fame Inductions/Charity Night in the Workman’s last night?

I wasn't there but Hutton was PotY, Edwards YPotY, Norrie Anderson and George Caldwell were the Hall of Fame inductees and Ian McMillan received a special recognition award. Sounded like a good night by all accounts. 

On ‎17‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 01:42, Nipper said:

Ralph Collins worked on the assembly line at Terex. 

Yes I knew it was over Newhouse way but got it mixed up. The earth did not move for me!

Seen from a post on Twitter that Raith and Partick Thistle are looking at Hutton

After watching the video Airdrie put on twitter of all the goals this season i hope Murray gives Joao another run out. Some of the goals he created and scored is something we started to miss towards the end.

After watching the video Airdrie put on twitter of all the goals this season i hope Murray gives Joao another run out. Some of the goals he created and scored is something we started to miss towards the end.

Absolutely no chance.

Never in a million Sunday’s I’m surprised he’s not released or transfer listed

Does the Bindippers coming up count as a "Derby" for you lot next season ???