The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

3 hours ago, FLDiamond said:

Correct.  If ordering from the USA, it automatically knows you are overseas and lets you view it.   Some viewers in UK use a vpn to make it seem they are outside the Uk so they can watch the game.  Falkirk tv tomorrow is only for ‘foreign’ viewers 

Thank you, come on the Diamonds!!!!!

21 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

the very same one.  At least no decent goalkeeper in the world has ever conceded 6, must be rotten.

Just for context........

Darren Jamieson is a Goalkeeper who has appeared in 35 matches this season in League One, playing a total of 3104 minutes. Darren Jamieson concedes an average of 1.3 goals for every 90 minutes that the player is on the pitch. Their Clean Sheets ratio is currently at 28%. That means Darren Jamieson has kept a Clean Sheet in 10 matches out of the 35 that the player has played in.

Joshua Rae is a Goalkeeper who has appeared in 16 matches this season in League One, playing a total of 1432 minutes. Joshua Rae concedes an average of 1.13 goals for every 90 minutes that the player is on the pitch. Their Clean Sheets ratio is currently at 38%. That means Joshua Rae has kept a Clean Sheet in 6 matches out of the 16 that the player has played in

Jamiesons an average League 1 keeper who's played a lot this year, if its for a one off game, I think we could do a lot worse.

Is Jamieson confirmed yet?

It’s not going to affect the end result of this tie in any meaningful way but the fact Airdrie can just bring in another L1 team’s goalkeeper in these circumstances is an utter joke.

I’d say the same if it my team or anyone else. Needs looked at.

4 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

It’s not going to affect the end result of this tie in any meaningful way but the fact Airdrie can just bring in another L1 team’s goalkeeper in these circumstances is an utter joke.

Completely agree it's a nonsense rule, funny as f#ck in this situation though! 😂

11 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Agree with this to be honest. 

Have to say I’m really proud of the team, they did exactly what we needed them to do and snuff out Falkirk to get to the final. Winning 7-2 is beyond our expectations although everyone knows how explosive this team can be.   Repeat performance against Hamilton needed, snuff them out!! No mercy 

When you consider some of the nonsense we’ve seen this season, I think today’s performance was arguably more impressive than Tuesday night. We’ve struggled to be compact at times but McCabe got it spot on today. Let Falkirk have plenty of the ball, try and stop the crosses and don’t let them run in behind. I never felt like Falkirk were going to score and bar a few balls into the box in the first half, for all their possession they rarely threatened. McCabe and Ballantyne were the two best players on the park once again.

Absolute masterclass on how to play against a clueless long ball team. Over the two legs we have seen the perfect winning formula from this Airdrie team. 1st leg how to attack and blow a team apart. 2nd leg how to manage a game sneak a goal and limit a team who needed 5 goals to next to nae chances. 

Proud Diamond tonight ♦️

14 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Well done lads hope DJ played well , is he available for Hamilton  game ? 

He was very solid. Made all the saves you’d expect and slowed the game down when it was needed. I think emergency loans are for a minimum of 7 days, so I assume he’ll be eligible for Wednesday night. It seems like Josh Rae will be back though so suspect he’ll come straight back in.

26 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Well done lads hope DJ played well , is he available for Hamilton  game ? 

Josh Rae is available again. But think DJ might be used as a sub for next two games if he's eligible and available.