The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

10 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Brilliant night.

Only frustration is Rae getting himself needlessly sent-off, I've been impressed with him overall but a few times this season he has come charging out and risking everything. When you are 5-1 up and risking a 2 game suspension, just stay on your line and make him beat you.

I see Hamilton got an emergency loan in yesterday so presumably we can. With Dabrowski now back at Hibs does that mean they might let Johnson come back? Presume he drops down to 3rd choice behind him, and even if 2nd choice you'd think playing in a pressure play-off tie is better for him than sitting on the bench.

Dabrowski is technically still on loan at Queens he can't play for anyone else this season.

43 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Daft question - are trialists eligible in these games? I assume not?

Even if they were you'd have to find one that was out of contract at the last transfer window would you not. Anyone else who had been signed to a club beyond that wouldn't be able to play for another club until the window opened again.

49 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

What are the odds of the terrible version of Airdrie showing up on Saturday... asking for a friend

3/4 years ago, chance we would bottle a lead like this.  Not now, I really doubt anything like that would happen.  Put it this way, if we bottled this then under no circumstances do we deserve to be anywhere near the final.  Fancy a draw or narrow Falkirk win.   

7 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

3/4 years ago, chance we would bottle a lead like this.  Not now, I really doubt anything like that would happen.  Put it this way, if we bottled this then under no circumstances do we deserve to be anywhere near the final.  Fancy a draw or narrow Falkirk win.   

I agree, I'm just praying the Airdrie that lost 6-1 to Edinburgh shows up😂

On 10/05/2023 at 15:04, AJ77 said:

Listened to it on Monday night, great listen comes across really well.

Seemed to hint that he had a bit of security in his contract which is good although a 5-0 reverse on Saturday might change that!

45 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

So it's a 2 match ban for Josh but the 2nd game doesn't kick in to after 24th May. Still need to get an emergency loan for tomorrow though, too risky not too.

It depends who is available though, the only players available will almost certainly be untested youth goalies from Premier League clubs. Is that a better option than Hutton in such a pressure game? I definitely agree regarding our sub goalie, but not sure I'd be bringing someone into to start unless we already knew a lot about him.

1 minute ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

It depends who is available though, the only players available will almost certainly be untested youth goalies from Premier League clubs. Is that a better option than Hutton in such a pressure game? I definitely agree regarding our sub goalie, but not sure I'd be bringing someone into to start unless we already knew a lot about him.

Absolutely, Hutts gets sent off in the 1st min and we bring on a 17 year old goalie is a nightmare scenario.