The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

26 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Good wee feature, that. Shame it didn't catch the third goal, granted, but even so, I like it. 

McMaster 20 today; I'm guessing we'll all be more than happy if the rumours of him being signed on permanently next year come to fruition right enough. Really has stepped up in this run, great to see. Long may it continue. 

Cammy Ballantyne's Birthday today and Lewis McGregor's yesterday, let's hope they aren't full of birthday cake on Saturday 😅

4 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

Cammy Ballantyne's Birthday today and Lewis McGregor's yesterday, let's hope they aren't full of birthday cake on Saturday 😅

So it was, haha aye hopefully!

20, 26 and 19. Good ages. If memory serves we had the youngest average squad age in the division last year, not sure how that shakes out this time but there does appear to be a decent enough mix now. Having some more experienced players like Telfer and McCabe on the bench along with the younger guys like Dixon, McGregor, Stanway and Byrd Byrd is a nice place to be in, too, as I know a few have pointed out previously. 

1 hour ago, AndyDD said:

So it was, haha aye hopefully!

20, 26 and 19. Good ages. If memory serves we had the youngest average squad age in the division last year, not sure how that shakes out this time but there does appear to be a decent enough mix now. Having some more experienced players like Telfer and McCabe on the bench along with the younger guys like Dixon, McGregor, Stanway and Byrd Byrd is a nice place to be in, too, as I know a few have pointed out previously. 

There does seem to be a good balance in the starting 11 at the moment too. Rae, McMaster, Devenny, McGill and Smith are all fairly young, with Frizzell and Gallagher at good ages too. The defence is pretty interesting though. Watson, Fordyce, ATS and Ballantyne is as experienced a defence as you'll get at this level with all of them still being at a decent age. It seems to be a good mix at the moment.

21 hours ago, KD1711 said:

I've got 2 tickets to hospitality for the game on the 22nd that I can't make anymore if anyone wants to PM me I'll give you the details on it to go.

Not looking for any £ for it.

This has now gone forgot to post.

10 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Thought Smith was better today aside from jumping out of one or two 50/50 challenges. Suggests to me he has a move sorted and doesn't want to get hurt I’m afraid.

I feel like Smith has always done that, even though he does put a shift in I’ve certainly noticed him ducking out of challenges before. I’ve said for a while I think he’ll be at Raith next season though, less travelling for him and Murray loves him.

7 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

Ballantyne was our best player today IMO, what a difference it is having him at left back.

Kept Callum Morrison quiet all game although if we meet in the play offs we might need to switch to Kennedy who did cause us problems.

Poor 1st half and much better 2nd half. 

Had them rattled and blowing out their arse and should have killed the game off. Need to be taking the shot rather than trying to walk it in. Definitely nothing to fear against them in playoffs. We don't lose in Grangemouth and will rip them apart at our place 👍♦️

3 minutes ago, DiamondT said:

Had them rattled and blowing out their arse and should have killed the game off. Need to be taking the shot rather than trying to walk it in. Definitely nothing to fear against them in playoffs. We don't lose in Grangemouth and will rip them apart at our place 👍♦️

Like the last game at your place?

Edited by FFC 1876

12 minutes ago, DiamondT said:

According to the knob end on the stream, Falkirk completely dominated the game apart from a 10 minute a spell and Gal's equaliser had quote "nothing to do with ability". 

I actually accept bias on streams but this guy had my ears bleeding!

10 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

According to the knob end on the stream, Falkirk completely dominated the game apart from a 10 minute a spell and Gal's equaliser had quote "nothing to do with ability". 

I actually accept bias on streams but this guy had my ears bleeding!

And not for the first time sadly.