The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

10 hours ago, Sage Monkey said:

Does anyone else agree that we must be doing something right on the training ground. I look at the performances of some players at the start of the season and compare them with current performances and the improvement is dramatic.

Devenney was erratic to say the least and seemed to lack confidence, he is vastly improved defensively and terrific going forward.

Telfer I thought was lazy and sluggish, but now his work rate is a lot better.

ATS looked awkward on the ball and pretty immobile, now he looks assured in defence, and has made two brilliant contribution that led to goals in the last two games.

Gal was always a good goalscorer, but added little else, now he is linking up a lot better with colleague and is showing a lot more confidence on the ball, I doubt that Gal in early season would have scored that wonder goal against Kelty.

Even Justin Devenny looks a lot more comfortable on the ball in his recent appearances.

If we can continue to bring on good players and make them better, then the future is bright.

Coaching team burner account found.

4 hours ago, Mr November said:

I think this just about sums up the season so far.

Not sure how they are deciding 'worst'. We beat Edinburgh 4-1 as well as 3-0. We also beat Montrose 4-0 which given we are lower than them in the league, unlike Airdrie, is a worse result.

And we lost 5-2 at Falkirk although certainly getting hammered by Clyde is worse.

11 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Not sure how they are deciding 'worst'. We beat Edinburgh 4-1 as well as 3-0. We also beat Montrose 4-0 which given we are lower than them in the league, unlike Airdrie, is a worse result.

And we lost 5-2 at Falkirk although certainly getting hammered by Clyde is worse.

Yours against Montrose was at home for you ours was up at Montrose so I guess home defeat worse for them. 

11 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

2 years? More like about 5 years. Sadly.

Although we have now won 4 of our last 6 at home.

it was more a just of the top of my head thing. Like yourself, I read a lot of the club threads so I knew it wasn't great, just slightly underestimated though!

2 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Ours was 4-0 at home too. We beat them 4-2 away. 

Got them mixed up must have been Gaffers free kick clouding my memory of them scoring up there although now you mention it how on earth did I forget the annoying drum & announcer Yessssssssss when they scored

The real test will come in the next few weeks but I think it’s worth looking back at this run of games from November. Back then we huffed and puffed our way to two 1-0 wins against Clyde and Kelty as well as scraping a late equaliser to draw 1-1 against Peterhead. This time round we’ve scored 18 goals in three games! There’s still a long way to go, especially with this team, but we can take a lot of confidence into a huge game next week.

I thought Kurtis Roberts was the best player on the field last night . He won most of his 50/50's , was good playing forward, broke up our forward passing game and got in some decent tackles. He also looks very comfortable moving with the ball and was the reason Clyde looked better than the scoreline suggests.

Maybe a good addition to the Diamonds when the crop of young midfielders go back to their parent clubs next season.

10 minutes ago, Diamonds on the Windshield said:

I thought Kurtis Roberts was the best player on the field last night . He won most of his 50/50's , was good playing forward, broke up our forward passing game and got in some decent tackles. He also looks very comfortable moving with the ball and was the reason Clyde looked better than the scoreline suggests.

Maybe a good addition to the Diamonds when the crop of young midfielders go back to their parent clubs next season.

I won't say he was the best as Frizzel scored a top class goal, and Gabby scored two whilst also working like a terrier.

I do agree Roberts was their best player in the manner you say, and was much more like the player we thought at first. 

As to future signings I'd be unworried if he was fit and willing. 

On 18/03/2023 at 21:15, Passionate said:

I know it's a very weird umbro deal,  not an official affiliation with Umbro we get supplied through a broker Football Nation,    we seem to swap The red shorts and black shorts season about as home and away kit,   we always end up changing to red due to the referees kit....   This year's kit looks ok on the team, away is just a mess, whil e the third is a classic....

we had Joma before as did 90% of lower league teams and boys clubs at the time,    it was a,simple design, never liked the diamond for some reason , the fit and quality was very poor ,   would imagine we would still be with Football Nation there main brands are J o ma,  Umbro and Hummell  .

Are the club shop giving anything away regarding new kit

I was in speaking to the guy last week and he said it’s really difficult. Only 2 manufacturers are now interested in coming with Bespoke kits. 

I thought Umbro’s stuff had been really good and they’ve just over thought this year’s home kit. But embroidered badges rather than screen printed and really like the first 2 home shirts.

Hopefully whoever it is does a good job next year and we do something to manage the centenary of the cup win. I’ve heard a rumour we will 👍🏻♦️

1 hour ago, CapitalDiamond said:

I was in speaking to the guy last week and he said it’s really difficult. Only 2 manufacturers are now interested in coming with Bespoke kits. 

I thought Umbro’s stuff had been really good and they’ve just over thought this year’s home kit. But embroidered badges rather than screen printed and really like the first 2 home shirts.

Hopefully whoever it is does a good job next year and we do something to manage the centenary of the cup win. I’ve heard a rumour we will 👍🏻♦️

Surely we'll get the strip right this year as it could provide more than the normal revenue given the significance. Perhaps the club should put out "potential" designs for fan review.

1 hour ago, Kenny_m said:

Surely we'll get the strip right this year as it could provide more than the normal revenue given the significance. Perhaps the club should put out "potential" designs for fan review.

Given our chairman is the scarlet pimpernel I think you can file this idea in the "never happening" file...

2 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

Simple diamond, white shorts, black socks with a white and red hoop.

Suspect Errea will be in the conversation for next season, but I guess we’ll find out soon (not October, hopefully)