The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

2 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

Mr Gallagher how much money would you like to be paid per week in your new contract?

FrhE_btXsAAbeuE.jpeg

576E23C1-6B50-4B24-82F5-2B18A0EBD0AC.jpeg.749a6a4937dabf8388ce2d13aae47495.jpeg

“Airdrieonians might not thank me, but get the contract out, put it on the table, let him sign it, let him write whatever numbers he wants to put on there - given what he's done since he's come in - and let him sign the contract”

On 17/03/2023 at 18:12, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

With the big kit clearance in the club shop, does this mean they’re clearing the decks of Umbro stuff & hence the end of Umbro x Airdrie, or are they really struggling that much to get rid of that home kit?

On 17/03/2023 at 18:49, Mr November said:

I guess they are probably struggling to get rid of the home kit (I wonder why?) but I heard someone mention recently that we’re going back to Joma next season.

23 hours ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Don't know who we're going with but it's definitely new kits next season.

Kyan Gunn posted a pic on his Instagram story of (presumably) the U18s training in a mix of Castore and Adidas gear not too long ago. Might be totally unrelated but maybe getting one or the other for the first team also next season? 

11 hours ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

Loved that Joma home kit from the 19/20 season. Simple and classy. 

No doubt we’ll still be wearing the same red Umbro shorts for a 4th season in a row though 😂😂

I know it's a very weird umbro deal,  not an official affiliation with Umbro we get supplied through a broker Football Nation,    we seem to swap The red shorts and black shorts season about as home and away kit,   we always end up changing to red due to the referees kit....   This year's kit looks ok on the team, away is just a mess, whil e the third is a classic....

we had Joma before as did 90% of lower league teams and boys clubs at the time,    it was a,simple design, never liked the diamond for some reason , the fit and quality was very poor ,   would imagine we would still be with Football Nation there main brands are J o ma,  Umbro and Hummell  .

Are the club shop giving anything away regarding new kit

Who do we think will replace ATS in next week’s team then? Could be Deveney with Ballantyne switching back to the right and Watson in at centre half but I’d personally prefer to see McCabe come in at centre half as that wouldn’t shuffle a successful back four so much. Quite happy with Watson playing at right back as he’s a player I like that I just don’t rate at centre half at all.

44 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Who do we think will replace ATS in next week’s team then? Could be Deveney with Ballantyne switching back to the right and Watson in at centre half but I’d personally prefer to see McCabe come in at centre half as that wouldn’t shuffle a successful back four so much. Quite happy with Watson playing at right back as he’s a player I like that I just don’t rate at centre half at all.

Quite a difficult decision, enjoying seeing McCabe manage from the sidelines but like you said, I wouldn't make too many changes to the back 4. What about Byrd? I missed the QOS away game so didn't get to see too much of him? Or do you think that would be too much of a risk? 

1 hour ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

McCabe would be my choice if it wasn't for the fact he wouldn't be on the touchline. However it would mean no disruption to the rest of the team, so perhaps that's a better option than rearranging the whole back line.

I’d probably rather bring Deveney in ahead of Byrd, he’s done well against Clyde this season but way of that moving literally everyone else in the defence. I’m far from convinced about Byrd, his physicality could be an asset at set-pieces where Clyde have some big units but even then, he was hardly dominant there against Queen of the South.  I suppose I’m equally not convinced by Watson in the middle, so it’s not ideal either way.

I like the idea of McCabe in there but I think it’s really important to have him in the dugout. He’s obviously vocal on the pitch anyway but I do think there’s been a noticeable difference in organisation in the last couple of games that we’ve been crying out for all season. I suppose this is the kind of game we should be looking to win anyway even if it is just Hutton in the dugout.

Looking at the highlights ATS had a marvellous step over at one of the goals and he'll be missed at the back .

I'd also be tempted to play McCabe there and Byrd is not my first choice. Leave the full backs as in last two games where they made a huge contribution to the attacking three forwards. 

It was good to have Rhys on the bench and he still needs game time for fitness.

Hard decision but that's his job. 

On 18/03/2023 at 21:03, airdrieman said:

In all seriousness, that Peterhead team might be the worst I’ve ever seen at New Broomfield. The pits. 

Couldn’t believe how bad they were at the Bairnabeu a couple of weeks back.

Absolute shambles.

16 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Looking at the highlights ATS had a marvellous step over at one of the goals and he'll be missed at the back .

I'd also be tempted to play McCabe there and Byrd is not my first choice. Leave the full backs as in last two games where they made a huge contribution to the attacking three forwards. 

It was good to have Rhys on the bench and he still needs game time for fitness.

Hard decision but that's his job. 

Unless injuries dictate then it looks like there will be only one change to the starting 11 and probably McCabe is the safest option. Our last visit to Clyde was a poor one even though we scraped a win so hoping for a better performance to set up a huge match at Alloa the following week where the team selection could be an even harder decision.

21 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

20 hours ago, David Fernández said:

Quite a difficult decision, enjoying seeing McCabe manage from the sidelines but like you said, I wouldn't make too many changes to the back 4. What about Byrd? I missed the QOS away game so didn't get to see too much of him? Or do you think that would be too much of a risk? 

I'd rather have the one swap for ATS than move the entire backline also. It's not as if that usual back 4 has been solid this season and anything that minimises disruption is a good thing. McCabe is probably the safest option and his inclusion would mean playing more-or-less last season's defence. But he would be a loss from the dugout and I'm not sure that can be overlooked in our recent results and performances. While I'm not convinced he's good enough, I'd probably chuck Big Byrd in there. With all due respect to him and our opponents, if we can't test him against Clyde, what's the point in him even being here?