The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

12 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I have conflicted feelings since many of their more excitable posters will be on to crow, but I thought they deserved to win as Ayr were a really dull and boring side ,on that showing. 

Yes it's good to see a third division team get through and makes the case for the end of this ten team leagues below the Premier.

I  wish Falkirk good luck and am  glad to see the "big teams" lose out in the draw as well.

I fell asleep last night and only just remembered there, checked and saw the draw had been made and that they had won.

Fair play to them, the tie is also a winnable one for them too so fingers crossed they make the final. Some of their fans are insufferable c***s on here but I always root for the wee guys to do well, fingers crossed Airdrie will roll back to the early 90s one year and give us a cup run.

ATS will be playing on the 24th and 26th March (missing the Clyde game). Two games in the space of two days so hopefully he avoids any injuries. Never thought I'd say this but we are gonna miss the big man in defence against Clyde, since he signed he's been absolutely solid at centre back and barley put a foot wrong. Great to see that he's been called up to represent his country.

9 hours ago, moses1924 said:

Off to buy an Antigua flag...

Definitely need one for the stand!

I can't say I know anything about Antiguan football, but if he was called up, and capped, after being amongst the worst in that Falkirk rabble last season then his performances this season merit another couple. He will be a loss but I suppose if you had to choose a game for him to miss it would probably be Clyde. Straight swap for Big Byrd or move Watson/Ballantyne/Deveney for the back 4 we've probably used most this season? TBH I'd probably just play Byrd. Not as if our usual back 4 has been solid and if we can't test Big Byrd against Clyde, what's the point in him being here? 

ATS is my first Airdrie full international which is cool. I did start going to games when Simon Vella and, especially, Singbo played for us but I can't say I remember either of them. 

4 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

I can't say I know anything about Antiguan football, but if he was called up, and capped, after being amongst the worst in that Falkirk rabble last season then his performances this season merit another couple. He will be a loss but I suppose if you had to choose a game for him to miss it would probably be Clyde. Straight swap for Big Byrd or move Watson/Ballantyne/Deveney for the back 4 we've probably used most this season? TBH I'd probably just play Byrd. Not as if our usual back 4 has been solid and if we can't test Big Byrd against Clyde, what's the point in him being here? 

ATS is my first Airdrie full international which is cool. I did start going to games when Simon Vella and, especially, Singbo played for us but I can't say I remember either of them. 

I only remember Singbo because he was the first Airdrie player to leave after I started supporting them. As a young child I didn’t realise that the lower leagues were just a revolving door of jobbers, I think I thought players just stayed forever, so him leaving was incredibly upsetting.

5 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Going to be a big miss now after being quickly dropped to bench and not getting a game ,

35 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

With the big kit clearance in the club shop, does this mean they’re clearing the decks of Umbro stuff & hence the end of Umbro x Airdrie, or are they really struggling that much to get rid of that home kit?

I guess they are probably struggling to get rid of the home kit (I wonder why?) but I heard someone mention recently that we’re going back to Joma next season.

46 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

With the big kit clearance in the club shop, does this mean they’re clearing the decks of Umbro stuff & hence the end of Umbro x Airdrie, or are they really struggling that much to get rid of that home kit?

I for one didn't buy this season as for the first time in years I don't like the home top and the red away is absolutely horrible.   I don't mind about a sale  but will be waiting for next season to buy.   It won't have helped overall sales with strips even for the first team being released so late.  

3 hours ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Don't know who we're going with but it's definitely new kits next season.

16 hours ago, Mr November said:

I guess they are probably struggling to get rid of the home kit (I wonder why?) but I heard someone mention recently that we’re going back to Joma next season.

Loved that Joma home kit from the 19/20 season. Simple and classy. 

No doubt we’ll still be wearing the same red Umbro shorts for a 4th season in a row though 😂😂

Edited by GoalForAirdrie

@David Fernández said it on the match thread but absolutely delighted for Gallagher finally getting his hat-trick. It’s been a long time coming, especially with Smith, Jamieson and McGill all getting one in recent memory, but really pleased he’s finally got one. I think it must be the first of his career too. The goal that sealed it was very fitting too, right inside the six yard box.