The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

1 hour ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Gone for a home win but it's going to be tight 

Given that he brought in Byrd last week , it looks like he'll retain his place but I suspect Ballantyne might be benched for Watson and we might even play with two up top, if McCabe is unfit,  or am I just clutching at straws? Varying from optimism to acceptance that we're stuck in this league again. 

Airdrie to win and all the praise heaped upon the injured Manager in the dug out.

7 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

Preview up for Kelty game tomorrow and Lachie with the player comments so looks like he's starting despite not being great last week. As I've previously alluded to, I'm happy for him to be given a run and we shouldn't really judge anyone after 1 game.

McCabe looks doubtful but Stanway fit so perhaps that could be the only change.

Surely McMaster in for McCabe looked more up for it when he came on at QOS

7 minutes ago, CumbyDiamond said:

Surely McMaster in for McCabe looked more up for it when he came on at QOS

I'm not a fan of McMaster but putting that aside, Stanway seemed to be establishing himself in the side prior to missing last week through injury hence why I think he will get the nod.

3 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

I'm not a fan of McMaster but putting that aside, Stanway seemed to be establishing himself in the side prior to missing last week through injury hence why I think he will get the nod.

Wouldn't mind seeing both of them come in for McCabe and Telfer

10 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Wow, don't think anyone would have picked this 11.

Hope I'm wrong but this team worries the life out of me.

Can only hope for the best ,a good two few in that team could and should have been on the bench without them complaining .

11 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Wow, don't think anyone would have picked this 11.

Hope I'm wrong but this team worries the life out of me.

Do we think it’s Cammy or ATS at left back? I think probably Cammy tbh.

Happy enough with the changes, McCabe can manage from the side and Telfer’s been poor. Didn’t know if McCabe had the guts to drop Telfer tbh but good to see he does. I imagine he’ll come on at some point so it’s up to Charlie to give the level of performance he was at a few weeks ago.

7 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Do we think it’s Cammy or ATS at left back? I think probably Cammy tbh.

I would have thought it's ATS with Watson back a centre back with Fordyce.

Edited by Kenny_m

25 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

A happy sat night as Airdrie do it in style,makes you wonder what could have been .

Not really, we know we can hammer teams and have done numerous times, we can play great football. It's the other side of the game we lack when the going gets tough. As great as we were today, it's nothing we haven't already seen a few times this season.

Same team starts next week for me. Ballantyne had one of us best games since he joined, definitely lose something in attack with him on the wrong side but he was still a threat down the wing and defended really well. McMaster offered more in the holding midfield role than McCabe has this season. He made a mistake when he gave away the penalty but other than that he was good. I’d rather have Devenny in the midfield than Telfer at the moment as well. I think at Telfer’s best he’d start but when he’s off his game you just get more from a guy like Devenny out of pure desire and commitment. Brilliant for Gabby to get a hat trick and Gallagher to score the best goal I’ve ever seen in person.

If McCabe gets back in the team it should be at centre half.

Edited by ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds