The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

On 20/01/2023 at 21:30, Jack Reed said:

Was a late night  or early morning. If I remember right, snow banked high on both sides, never gave it a thought not to go, listening to radio on way for  the game to be cancelled, 

Home game for me. 45 minutes up the road in the car. Absolutely freezing.

7 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

What about the 18, year old lads, one got a  chance, awe he is away now, Ballantyne no able to stay pitch one way or another  Rae played a handful of games if luckyJamieson doesn't know what team he is to play for, ATS here couldn't get a game at Falkirk, Telfer here no interest after a while from anyone else, 

Jamieson is away back to st mirren now

17 hours ago, Diamonds_Are_Forever said:

Will we sign a striker then? On the face of it we have quite a few in the “squad” but you wonder where the goals would come from if Gallagher gets injured.

12 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Maybe a start for Byrd and Dixon on sat, 

Doubt Dixon as Rhys has already stated:

Manager Rhys McCabe is excited by his new signing’s potential: “Joe’s come up with good pedigree, he’s hard-working and willing to learn the game so it’s one we’re looking at longer-term.

“Getting Joe in and around the first-team environment and training on a regular basis means we can work with him closely and hopefully reap the benefits of his progress.”

Regardless it would be madness to throw him in our biggest game of the season to date.

41 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Doubt Dixon as Rhys has already stated:

Manager Rhys McCabe is excited by his new signing’s potential: “Joe’s come up with good pedigree, he’s hard-working and willing to learn the game so it’s one we’re looking at longer-term.

“Getting Joe in and around the first-team environment and training on a regular basis means we can work with him closely and hopefully reap the benefits of his progress.”

Regardless it would be madness to throw him in our biggest game of the season to date.

On the bench it is then, we seem to have a lot of players that are only good for the bench, strange signing's or like Riley they are for the future? 

On 22/01/2023 at 17:06, Diamonds_Are_Forever said:

Where has that been reported? Nothing from either club about him going back and his original loan was until the end of the season with an option to be recalled. St Mirren have posted about Offord being recalled from Alloa but nothing about Jamieson which I'd expect them to do if he was going back. We may take slightly longer to update the support.

58 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Would be amazing to bring that back (born in 96 so wasn't even born when it was going).

The hydro would surely be able to host that indoors.

Question is, if the Tennent's Sixes made a come back, out of the current Airdrie players, which 6 players would you have to represent us?

24 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

Would be amazing to bring that back (born in 96 so wasn't even born when it was going).

Question is, if the Tennent's Sixes made a come back, out of the current Airdrie players, which 6 players would you have to represent us?

Prince would win the full thing himself 

2 hours ago, David Fernández said:

I am trying to think back, was it just a one day tournament (sunday),   watched it religiously back in the day...  Good fun

Present day 6 s

Hutton

Ballantyne 

Fordyce

Telfer

Frizzell

Smith

I've been saying for years to bring back the 6es.   I was their with my dad when I was 11.    The thing I remember most apart from airdrie being the decent on the pitch and most of the crowd were airdrie fans.   And that airdrie strip is still my favourite.  

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

I am trying to think back, was it just a one day tournament (sunday),   watched it religiously back in the day...  Good fun

Present day 6 s

Hutton

Ballantyne 

Fordyce

Telfer

Frizzell

Smith

Was 2 days.   12 teams split into 2 groups of 6.  Each team played each other once.    1st in group 1 played 2nd in group 2 in semis.   The 2 winners made the final. 

Also airdrie played in 1994 in think as the only 1st division club as rangers declined to take part.  We were top of the old 1st division at the time and made the final 

On 23/01/2023 at 23:28, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Where has that been reported? Nothing from either club about him going back and his original loan was until the end of the season with an option to be recalled. St Mirren have posted about Offord being recalled from Alloa but nothing about Jamieson which I'd expect them to do if he was going back. We may take slightly longer to update the support.

I've heard the same, that LJ has been recalled by St.Mirren.

Not sure if that is to compete for some first team action or, as seems more likely, he may be off somewhere else permanently.

47 minutes ago, Div said:

I've heard the same, that LJ has been recalled by St.Mirren.

Not sure if that is to compete for some first team action or, as seems more likely, he may be off somewhere else permanently.

I don‘t think he can play for anyone else this season since he’s already played for St. Mirren and Airdrie, so if he’s been recalled then it’s presumably to cover for Brophy going. It would be a shame for Airdrie and Jamieson if he went back to not play for five months when he’s a good fit here. For all we have plenty of forwards, half of them are unproven at this (or any?) level so losing him would be a blow.

11 minutes ago, Mr November said:

I don‘t think he can play for anyone else this season since he’s already played for St. Mirren and Airdrie, so if he’s been recalled then it’s presumably to cover for Brophy going. It would be a shame for Airdrie and Jamieson if he went back to not play for five months when he’s a good fit here. For all we have plenty of forwards, half of them are unproven at this (or any?) level so losing him would be a blow.

Didn't realise he had made that League Cup appearance for us, so assume he's back to shore up the bench same as Offord is. Expect maybe Olusanya might follow Brophy out on loan so it would be 2 out, 2 in.

Think the boy Dean McMaster is going to sign a permanent deal with Airdrie, but not sure if it's now or in the Summer.