The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

7 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

Heard St Mirren manager on radio stating they had no money to bring in any players in this window and it was more likely that some may leave. I would therefore imagine that the LJ situation won't be resolved until the final days of the window.

Hopefully good news for us RE Jamieson. Both of them aren’t going to get a game for St Mirren. 

23 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

Seen that Scott McGill has went to Raith Rovers on loan. I did really like him at Airdrie but I'm surprised he's went to a championship club.

I know that Ian Murray must like him but he wasn't really a stand out at Kelty this season.

Hardly started a game for Kelty in a lower league and rarely picked by Murray when we had everyone available last season. Clearly heading for the exit at the Jambos.

1 hour ago, Jack Reed said:

They have Austin getting  back to fitness, 

Yup. That doesn't change the fact that they obviously don't see this guy as someone who'd walk into their first team right now, so I've no idea why you brought him up. Unless you're argument is we should be looking at strikers who are not good enough for this season's Kelty Hearts side when we already have Gal, Smithy, Gabby and Jamieson (29 goals between them thus far in the league) plus Salim, Dixon and Mcgregor (who granted is a wide player, but seems likely to be featuring as a forward ala Smithy for us). 

I'm happier to go with that, myself. 

43 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Yup. That doesn't change the fact that they obviously don't see this guy as someone who'd walk into their first team right now, so I've no idea why you brought him up. Unless you're argument is we should be looking at strikers who are not good enough for this season's Kelty Hearts side when we already have Gal, Smithy, Gabby and Jamieson (29 goals between them thus far in the league) plus Salim, Dixon and Mcgregor (who granted is a wide player, but seems likely to be featuring as a forward ala Smithy for us). 

Don't forget Bright!

46 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

The player Kelty signed has scored that himself, personally I don't rate Smith as main striker,  good worker and will get you goals from his work rate, Gabby lucky he gets a game all over the place most games, Gal will get us goals in this league anyway, 

1 hour ago, airdrieman said:

Anyone on here go up to Inverness for the replay? 

DD15C6B9-B76C-47A1-BCF2-DEBD71B927FB.jpeg

Think Alan Lawrence rescued a draw in last minutes but being a true professional, I avoided a long wintry drive and put my job first. My nephew did go and it was quite a hairy experience. We lost in lots of snowy play. Think you can get it on you tube for the penalty shootout .On the other red card guy the one this oldy remembers was John Friel at the old Methil in 1985 ISH. 

15 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Think Alan Lawrence rescued a draw in last minutes but being a true professional, I avoided a long wintry drive and put my job first. My nephew did go and it was quite a hairy experience. We lost in lots of snowy play. Think you can get it on you tube for the penalty shootout .On the other red card guy the one this oldy remembers was John Friel at the old Methil in 1985 ISH. 

Was a late night  or early morning. If I remember right, snow banked high on both sides, never gave it a thought not to go, listening to radio on way for  the game to be cancelled, 

18 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

The player Kelty signed has scored that himself, personally I don't rate Smith as main striker,  good worker and will get you goals from his work rate, Gabby lucky he gets a game all over the place most games, Gal will get us goals in this league anyway, 

Not at this level he hasnae. 

I don't think we need another forward, especially not one who isn't good enough to play for this season's Kelty. 

That's Dunfermline now out the Scottish cup,  hopefully the 2 clubs can get together and organise our postponed clash for the next free Saturday 5 th round day,  the 11th February......   This season is far to stop start and we need to play consistent....    Shouldn't be a problem playing league games on that day,  

8 hours ago, David Fernández said:

Like Rae, Ballantyne, ATS, Telfer, Jamieson etc?

Or McGregor who's played at a higher level?

What about the 18, year old lads, one got a  chance, awe he is away now, Ballantyne no able to stay pitch one way or another  Rae played a handful of games if luckyJamieson doesn't know what team he is to play for, ATS here couldn't get a game at Falkirk, Telfer here no interest after a while from anyone else, 

2 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

What about the 18, year old lads, one got a  chance, awe he is away now, Ballantyne no able to stay pitch one way or another  Rae played a handful of games if luckyJamieson doesn't know what team he is to play for, ATS here couldn't get a game at Falkirk, Telfer here no interest after a while from anyone else, 

Some of them will be good enough and some won't. Devenny looked very good at the start of the season, Stanway looked pretty decent in the game against Kelty and McGregor looked promising when he came on.

My point wasn't to do with the players quality, we have signed players that have experience in league 1 or higher along with youngsters.

23 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

Some of them will be good enough and some won't. Devenny looked very good at the start of the season, Stanway looked pretty decent in the game against Kelty and McGregor looked promising when he came on.

My point wasn't to do with the players quality, we have signed players that have experience in league 1 or higher along with youngsters

Its players to get us out this league we need to sign, up the way preferably, Stanway did look good, will give you that,