The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

13 hours ago, airdrieman said:

I see Bright’s da has been at it again. 

6941A84C-4DC9-4234-80D9-F540E1C3BA50.jpeg

B4D5CEF6-B2C5-469E-81DF-262CA7AAFE65.jpeg

E628AEFF-7BBB-4CC8-9D2E-1FDB5A2B497B.jpeg

Who has seen him actually play with the 18's and can provide a report?

I'm sure someone on the Bookface page had been at a game and reckoned he was nowhere near first team level and there were better players than him in that side.

A centre back! He’s maybe not the experienced defender some were after but happy to see we’ve brought in some height and physicality at the back. Who knows if he’s any good or not but we undoubtedly needed another centre back and some height in the team. Hopefully he’s more Simon Storey than Marc Warren.

1 hour ago, Mr November said:

A centre back! He’s maybe not the experienced defender some were after but happy to see we’ve brought in some height and physicality at the back. Who knows if he’s any good or not but we undoubtedly needed another centre back and some height in the team. Hopefully he’s more Simon Storey than Marc Warren.

We haven't had much luck with Aussies have we? Marc Warren, Michael Brown and Frankie Lagana all send a shiver down your spine. Jacob Esposito who was here for a minute. Simon Storey the best of the bunch and even he was pish to start with IIRC. 

Just now, airdrieman said:

We haven't had much luck with Aussies have we? Marc Warren, Michael Brown and Frankie Lagana all send a shiver down your spine. Jacob Esposito who was here for a minute. Simon Storey the best of the bunch and even he was pish to start with IIRC. 

Jacob Esposito should never be mentioned again, 1 of Iain Kings masterstrokes him.

33 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

I actually didn't mind Simon Storey tbh nowhere near the worst I've seen.  Michael Brown however (he played with Feyenoord don't you know!).....

6 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

I'm sure someone on the Bookface page had been at a game and reckoned he was nowhere near first team level and there were better players than him in that side.

I've been to one u18 game this season.

He's tall, he scored , got subbed.

There are some decent players for that level in the squad. Unfortunately, as there were no team lines or team announcements, I haven't a clue who they were.

54 minutes ago, Elgindiamond said:

I've been to one u18 game this season.

He's tall, he scored , got subbed.

There are some decent players for that level in the squad. Unfortunately, as there were no team lines or team announcements, I haven't a clue who they were.

On to tomorrow, any word on Ballantyne???? 

10 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

Saw one match earlier in the season. He was way bigger than most of the other laddies who were playing that night and in the opinion of this 50+ year old who has no football experience other than watching Airdrie all my life he didn't particularly stand out. He was subbed for the second half and the young fella Watt who had been playing wide was then put through the middle and he looked a better prospect, bagging a couple of goals. For his size he didn't particularly bully the opposition defence nor did he appear to have this lightning pace or ability of Messi which his faither bangs on about. I'd be inclined to say, bang average at best but just a lot bigger than boys of a similar age, however I've only seen him once. I'm not jumping on the Bright Prince bandwagon just yet.