The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

4 hours ago, Diamond1924 said:

What is the reason for the complete lack of engagement with fans from the club? Happy to punt tickets, advertise Club 1924, update us on hospitality sales, sell merchandise but take weeks to inform us of any squad movements. 

I appreciate that a summary statement is put up at the end of the window (usually) but it’s just not a good way to go about business if you have to get all of your information from other clubs. 

😛

Lyness away. 

Lyness seemed like a lovely guy but just nowhere near good enough. A career second choice, summed up by picking Peter Schmeichel as the one player he’d want to play with when that would mean he wouldn’t play!

Still no mention of Jamieson, has it been confirmed anywhere what’s happening with him?

2 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Lyness seemed like a lovely guy but just nowhere near good enough. A career second choice, summed up by picking Peter Schmeichel as the one player he’d want to play with when that would mean he wouldn’t play!

Still no mention of Jamieson, has it been confirmed anywhere what’s happening with him?

For what its worth "St Mirren loan watch" had McMaster as an unused sub and Jamieson injured last weekend.

3 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

For what its worth "St Mirren loan watch" had McMaster as an unused sub and Jamieson injured last weekend.

Cheers. We have a pretty top heavy squad now but hopefully he does stick around for the season, as he’s a good option to have and while it’s not his best position, I prefer him out wide to Gabby McGill.

19 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

I saw one on the Facebook group about a swap deal involving Callum Smith and Dylan Easton. Can’t see that being true for a few reasons but mostly because it was posted by a regular bullshitter. 

Agree can see Smith move on the summer,  excellent player for us but should be playing Championship level,   Easton forget it,  as you say usual Facebook wannabe..

have we got keeper issues again, only Rae now.... 

28 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Agree can see Smith move on the summer,  excellent player for us but should be playing Championship level,   Easton forget it,  as you say usual Facebook wannabe..

have we got keeper issues again, only Rae now.... 

Did he not sign for us from Dunfermline when they were in championship, 

Just now, Jack Reed said:

Did he not sign for us from Dunfermline when they were in championship, 

He joined us from Hamilton, they signed him in their relegation season from the Premiership, but he did play for Dunfermline at that level before that. I was surprised we got him as I thought he showed enough in his loan spell for a go in the Championship. He’s certainly improved a lot over the last couple of years and I agree that this might be our last season with him unfortunately. 

I’m happy enough with that new signing. We did need another genuine wide player so hopefully he does well. Our monopoly of Scottish football’s 18 year olds continues. 

4 minutes ago, moses1924 said:

Pretty underwhelming but at least he's got league experience... presumably we've got at least one wage still to spend on defender (would take a 20 year old defender now)

Morton have signed Roy, makes you wonder what Mcgregor is like, are we going  for the under 19 league. So much for our own development, 

6 minutes ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

The Morton fans are talking highly of McGregor. Who knows, he might turn out to be a Nicky Cadden type player for us. I’m sure he was only 18/19 when he went to Livingston from us. 

16 when he signed and a few months shy of his 20th when he left.