The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

2 minutes ago, Mr November said:

We do have options but I think most people mean a specific kind of midfielder. Frizzell and Devenny are industrious and McCabe can put himself about at times but we do lack physicality in there, and with Easton’s technical ability away we probably need to be a bit more combative at times. I suppose we still need a Wylie replacement, although I reckon you could play and I’d offer just as much as he did. 

Dropping Jamieson after he made such an impact in the last game against Montrose is a bold move. I’m not there tonight but interested to see how that midfield works too, as it never worked at all Kelty.

It's looking to me like Jamieson's loan period is ending.

On 21/12/2022 at 19:38, KD1711 said:

Is there any particular reason behind this one? She will be a big miss, few folk are cracking up on the Facebook page as apparently there was a shoddy reason for the sensory room being shut down too.

Her post (on her personal Facebook page) read like she was simply moving onto another job rather than there being anything untoward about her leaving. Was certainly very positive about the place and her time here. 

I’m not an expert on the matter but as far as I know PH closed the sensory room because he believed it wasn’t used often and he wanted to use the space for an office on match days. Anecdotally and from what I’ve seen on social media, the sensory room was almost always busy or at least used on a match day. I don’t buy that he needs that room for office space either or that him using it as an office is a better use of it than it being a sensory room or space for supporters with ASN or sensory needs. I’m not sure he even uses it anyway? Seems to largely be a dumping ground for stuff now, including a drum kit (hence the drum kit ‘patter’ in now deleted Facebook posts). 

image.jpeg.977fdbc24bdb0210bf38579659108596.jpeg

While in Tesco toilets in Cardiff today I was taking a comfort break from food shopping for Christmas day and noticed the hand dryer. The chap behind me thought I was mental taking a picture of it but I told the wife we would score 4 tonight as it was the Universe talking to me. I then won first prize of a chainsaw in the Mind raffle, go figure. Need to do the lottery tomorrow.

15 minutes ago, Diamonds on the Windshield said:

While in Tesco toilets in Cardiff today I was taking a comfort break from food shopping for Christmas day and noticed the hand dryer. The chap behind me thought I was mental taking a picture of it but I told the wife we would score 4 tonight as it was the Universe talking to me. I then won first prize of a chainsaw in the Mind raffle, go figure. Need to do the lottery tomorrow.

There aren't enough raffles which have chainsaws as the first prize in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Jay Riley! At least we’ve finally signed him after him appearing in the warm-ups all season. Hard to know what to expect from him but any extra numbers are a bonus at this point.

Think he will be part of the development squad,    would expect bigger signings in the next month,,,,    

Looking back at some stats from last season,   Easton was wonderful for us, but did he cover over a lot of flaws in that team,   we were pretty average last season until the new year,   in a personal opinion this current side has has more potential with more players to come....  Instead of individual brilliance (Easton) we are much more of a collective unit this season,   that's us played Montrose 3 times now and I think they are a very good side, who will take points off our rivals....

Hopefully kelty can do us all a turn today when they play the pars....

13 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Jay Riley! At least we’ve finally signed him after him appearing in the warm-ups all season. Hard to know what to expect from him but any extra numbers are a bonus at this point.

With Riley and Salim to come back there is something that resembles a bench now. I wouldn't say it gives us options to change a game but it's least not an actual hindrance to the point where you can't replace guys having a stinker or have to change your formation when you get an injury because there are no like for like replacements.

I wonder if Jamieson not starting is a sign that he'll be away. Could have just been a tactical decision to go with more physicality in McGill away to a tough side, but could also be McCabe getting used to not having him and trying to build a settled side.

3 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

With Riley and Salim to come back there is something that resembles a bench now. I wouldn't say it gives us options to change a game but it's least not an actual hindrance to the point where you can't replace guys having a stinker or have to change your formation when you get an injury because there are no like for like replacements.

I wonder if Jamieson not starting is a sign that he'll be away. Could have just been a tactical decision to go with more physicality in McGill away to a tough side, but could also be McCabe getting used to not having him and trying to build a settled side.

Him not even coming on makes it look that way. He didn’t impact every game but his goals and overall output were good and important to us so they’ll have to be replaced. We won’t do that with Gabby and Salim alone. 

3 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Think he will be part of the development squad,    would expect bigger signings in the next month,,,,    

Looking back at some stats from last season,   Easton was wonderful for us, but did he cover over a lot of flaws in that team,   we were pretty average last season until the new year,   in a personal opinion this current side has has more potential with more players to come....  Instead of individual brilliance (Easton) we are much more of a collective unit this season,   that's us played Montrose 3 times now and I think they are a very good side, who will take points off our rivals....

Hopefully kelty can do us all a turn today when they play the pars....

Cove apart, the league last season was also total garbage. Falkirk were dreadful, QP obviously turned it on at the right time but were miles off it most of the season, Montrose were Montrose, and everyone else was cannon fodder.

This season there is still a Cove type team in Dunfermline, but Falkirk are better, Alloa are better and Kelty and Edinburgh are a massive upgrade on the 2 relegated sides. QOS are doing poorly but have some decent players. It's hard to compare teams, but I don't think last season's team in this league would be doing any better than we are now in all honesty. It's a much tougher task this season.

2 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Him not even coming on makes it look that way. He didn’t impact every game but his goals and overall output were good and important to us so they’ll have to be replaced. We won’t do that with Gabby and Salim alone. 

The writing was on the wall,  , when St Mirren refused him permission for the  Scottish Cup tie,   goalscorer s are hard to come by, no chance he is good enough for me Premier League,  but he will attract attention and saints could well cash in,   he is far far from the finished article....