The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

On 28/11/2022 at 12:29, dextermorgan said:

Having been at the game and just watched the highlights I am more convinced that that was one of the worst goal keeping performances I have seen from an Airdrie keeper in a very long time.

I feel sorry for the outfield players who put in a real shift against a decent Championship side on the day as all of their efforts were in vain.

Our goalkeeping agonies seem to have continued from last season where the lack of a good number one keeper and a credible challenger made a crucial difference in the end.

Please take Currie back off us, I can’t go the whole season watching him. Least you have Josh Rae when he gets fit, comfortably the best keeper in this division 

10 hours ago, Mr November said:

“On 29 December 2021, during an Airdrie and Queen’s Park game, there was a verbal altercation between Mr Murray and the claimant’s brother. Airdrie won the game but the game had been ill tempered. Mr Murray shouted into the Queen’s Park dressing room, as he walked past it, “Go tweet that you little fanny”. This was aimed at the claimant’s bother.” :lol:

10 hours ago, She who dares gins said:

This did make me laugh out loud.

I fully respect and admire Ian Murray for this particular stance.

Screenshot_20221129-211401.png

1 hour ago, QoS99 said:

Please take Currie back off us, I can’t go the whole season watching him. Least you have Josh Rae when he gets fit, comfortably the best keeper in this division 

We definitely wouldn’t have conceded our second goal up at Dundee with Currie in goals, he’d never be that far off his line! I’m looking forward to seeing Rae when he’s fully fit, a confident and competent keeper would make a big difference to a team that is very much prone to making daft choices.

1 hour ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

There is so much good reading in this document, such as the reference to Stuart Millar leaving in "acrimonious circumstances".

Screenshot_20221129-210247.png

Sort of linked to Stuart Millar but I liked the bit where it mentioned the relationship between the agent and Murray was strained because of a player not being selected the previous season. Looking at who else is on that agency I think the player in question is Eoghan Stokes and I’m not sure there was much of an argument for him to play more often.

59 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Sort of linked to Stuart Millar but I liked the bit where it mentioned the relationship between the agent and Murray was strained because of a player not being selected the previous season. Looking at who else is on that agency I think the player in question is Eoghan Stokes and I’m not sure there was much of an argument for him to play more often.

Eoghan Stokes being the only person in the entire cosmos who thinks Eoghan Stokes is a great player will never not be funny to me. That interview he gave when he left was just hilarious.

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

Eoghan Stokes being the only person in the entire cosmos who thinks Eoghan Stokes is a great player will never not be funny to me. That interview he gave when he left was just hilarious.

We signed some garbage that season   Thomas Robert,   Harlan Mbayo, Dean Ritchie,  Eoghan Stokes no wonder Stuart Millar got his books ...

7 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

That's where you're wrong. He's a player that is exciting, can play as a striker and in the number 10 role. He's a player that raises 'bums off seats' when he's on the ball running and terrorising defenders with his dribbling and lethal finishing. If it wasn't for his injury, he'd be currently playing in the Leeds United team. I would describe him as a 'once in a generation talent'.

6 hours ago, Passionate said:

We signed some garbage that season   Thomas Robert,   Harlan Mbayo, Dean Ritchie,  Eoghan Stokes no wonder Stuart Millar got his books ...

That's some list. The funniest being Tam Rab who it turned out wasn't a budding global superstar but instead a mediocre lightweight player who occasionally showed a flash of class.

31 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

That's where you're wrong. He's a player that is exciting, can play as a striker and in the number 10 role. He's a player that raises 'bums off seats' when he's on the ball running and terrorising defenders with his dribbling and lethal finishing. If it wasn't for his injury, he'd be currently playing in the Leeds United team. I would describe him as a 'once in a generation talent'.

Direct lift from the article?

1 hour ago, David Fernández said:

What!  We must have had wrong guy, 

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

That's some list. The funniest being Tam Rab who it turned out wasn't a budding global superstar but instead a mediocre lightweight player who occasionally showed a flash of class.

Robert and Sabatini came in with a lot of hype and presumably with the expectation that they’d move onto much bigger things, only for them to end up in the fifth tier in France and Scotland respectively. Has anyone still got their Tam Rab t-shirt?

2 hours ago, Mr November said:

Robert and Sabatini came in with a better agent than they deserved and presumably with the expectation that they’d move onto much bigger things, only for them to end up in the fifth tier in France and Scotland respectively. Has anyone still got their Tam Rab t-shirt?

Fixed that for you...

13 hours ago, Mr November said:

We definitely wouldn’t have conceded our second goal up at Dundee with Currie in goals, he’d never be that far off his line! I’m looking forward to seeing Rae when he’s fully fit, a confident and competent keeper would make a big difference to a team that is very much prone to making daft choices.

Why was Stuart Millar involved in the tribunal? Was the Quitongo affair not well after he left?

Fair play to him for his apparent backing of the club though.

49 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Why was Stuart Millar involved in the tribunal? Was the Quitongo affair not well after he left?

Fair play to him for his apparent backing of the club though.

Another interesting fact about the Quitongo tribunal was his salary:

Airdrie £375 per week + £25 appearance money.

His new club (Could be QOS or maybe Peterhead) £323.08 per week.

No wonder he had an alleged sideline!

36 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Another interesting fact about the Quitongo tribunal was his salary:

Airdrie £375 per week + £25 appearance money.

His new club (Could be QOS or maybe Peterhead) £323.08 per week.

No wonder he had an alleged sideline!

It's clearly Peterhead. Tribunal related to lost earnings compared to what he would have been earning at Airdrie. QoS are not relevant.

26 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It's clearly Peterhead. Tribunal related to lost earnings compared to what he would have been earning at Airdrie. QoS are not relevant.

Decent part time wage then, even though full time at Airdrie wouldn't exactly be a 40 hour week and i wouldn't imagine he was one of Airdrie's highest paid players.

No wonder Calum Fordyce has to cut hair one day a week!