The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Regarding the Cammy Ballantyne red card, I would like to know what Cammy is expected to do. The opponent plays the ball past him, Cammy stands his ground, and the player simply runs into him.

If Cammy moves to his left and the opponent chooses to go that way and they collide, that MUST be a free kick, if Cammy moves right and the opponent chooses to go that way, again it MUST be a free kick.. As Cammy is not a mind reader, and cannot tell which way the oppoent will go, the only safe option for him is to stand his ground and let the opponent choose which way to go past him.

From the opponent's perspective, he can see Cammy standing ahead of him, and as he has first claim to that piece of ground, the opponent is obliged to go around him.

Bad call in my opinion.

57 minutes ago, Sage Monkey said:

Regarding the Cammy Ballantyne red card, I would like to know what Cammy is expected to do. The opponent plays the ball past him, Cammy stands his ground, and the player simply runs into him.

If Cammy moves to his left and the opponent chooses to go that way and they collide, that MUST be a free kick, if Cammy moves right and the opponent chooses to go that way, again it MUST be a free kick.. As Cammy is not a mind reader, and cannot tell which way the oppoent will go, the only safe option for him is to stand his ground and let the opponent choose which way to go past him.

From the opponent's perspective, he can see Cammy standing ahead of him, and as he has first claim to that piece of ground, the opponent is obliged to go around him.

Bad call in my opinion.

Never a yellow, ref definitely favoured Dundee all day, 

Having been at the game and just watched the highlights I am more convinced that that was one of the worst goal keeping performances I have seen from an Airdrie keeper in a very long time.

I feel sorry for the outfield players who put in a real shift against a decent Championship side on the day as all of their efforts were in vain.

Our goalkeeping agonies seem to have continued from last season where the lack of a good number one keeper and a credible challenger made a crucial difference in the end.

18 minutes ago, dextermorgan said:

Having been at the game and just watched the highlights I am more convinced that that was one of the worst goal keeping performances I have seen from an Airdrie keeper in a very long time.

I feel sorry for the outfield players who put in a real shift against a decent Championship side on the day as all of their efforts were in vain.

Our goalkeeping agonies seem to have continued from last season where the lack of a good number one keeper and a credible challenger made a crucial difference in the end.

Can't be worse than Connor Fairleys against the Rovers in the 7-2 game.

4 hours ago, dextermorgan said:

Agreed. Get him to f**k. He's cost us enough points this season and his errors seen us go out the cup.

The judgements are normally published on the tribunal website - not sure what the turnaround time is on them actually appearing though.

Full judgement is out for those who would like to read it.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/6384b36b8fa8f54d5580e0b1/Mr_R_Quitongo_v_Airdrieonians_FC_Limited___Other_-_4113808-2021_-_FINAL.pdf

1 hour ago, She who dares gins said:

“On 29 December 2021, during an Airdrie and Queen’s Park game, there was a verbal altercation between Mr Murray and the claimant’s brother. Airdrie won the game but the game had been ill tempered. Mr Murray shouted into the Queen’s Park dressing room, as he walked past it, “Go tweet that you little fanny”. This was aimed at the claimant’s bother.” :lol:

I skimmed through bits of it and it seems like while the club possibly could have done some things better, there doesn’t seem to be much of a case. When the person who heard it (who seemed to change from McCabe’s dad to another of his entourage) can’t identify if it was said by a man, woman or child then you’re never going to get very far. A misunderstanding does seem like the most realistic outcome and to be honest has done for a long time, so it’s a shame it came to this.

“On 29 December 2021, during an Airdrie and Queen’s Park game, there was a verbal altercation between Mr Murray and the claimant’s brother. Airdrie won the game but the game had been ill tempered. Mr Murray shouted into the Queen’s Park dressing room, as he walked past it, “Go tweet that you little fanny”. This was aimed at the claimant’s bother.” :lol:

This did make me laugh out loud.

'One of my das mates was pals with a family member of Rico's afore this and she told them that during the summer Jai owed some gangster money for powder and he got dealt with that's why he's not been playing for QP. And rico's been driving him about selling. It's 100% true, the two of them think they their Ronnie and reggie Kray". 😄

Edited by David Fernández

1 hour ago, David Fernández said:

'One of my das mates was pals with a family member of Rico's afore this and she told them that during the summer Jai owed some gangster money for powder and he got dealt with that's why he's not been playing for QP. And rico's been driving him about selling. It's 100% true, the two of them think they their Ronnie and reggie Kray". 😄

I remember posting about these allegations of the two of them on the aftermath of the Queens Park game and getting downvoted for it. Truth hurts I guess.

1 hour ago, KD1711 said:

I remember posting about these allegations of the two of them on the aftermath of the Queens Park game and getting downvoted for it. Truth hurts I guess.

Just glad truth all came out. A good win on Sat and that will help us all put all behind us and start our charge,