The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

4 hours ago, Diamond1924 said:

Nah, will always support any campaign that seeks to stamp racism out the game whether it’s involving my club or not 👍 sometimes it’s good to look at the bigger picture. 

But I think that 'looking at the bigger picture' is in effect you, and others like Wishart at the PFA, conflating various issues.

Wishart's statement is a joke. Literally no-one at the club, or anywhere else that I can see, is/was saying that racial abuse should not be dealt with seriously or that it's not an issue, yet his statement reads as if it's a response to someone claiming just that.

He comments about a 'litany of racist incidents over the last few years' as if those have any relevance to this particular case. He comments that 'instant action is a prerequisite' - something quite difficult in this case when the allegations were made well after the game and the actual evidence of the alleged abuse seemingly impossible to find. It's like they have completely ignored the ruling of a court case which they themselves asked for and have created a strawman argument to distract from them not getting the outcome they wanted.

Like you I will always support any campaign that seeks to stamp racism out the game, but that has nothing to do with this incident.

10 hours ago, Airdrie76 said:

OH MY! What a surprise!

Perhaps for once this will spur people to understand that factual evidence is of more value than feelings and knee jerk reactions.

Edited by G_H

OH MY! What a surprise!
Perhaps for once this will spur people to understand that factual evidence is of more value than feelings and knee jerk reactions.

Yeah I get why you’d say that! Although in this instance I think everyone was right behind the club/board. This is ultimately vindication for them, so well done those involved in defending themselves and the club against the allegations.

21 hours ago, Darren Cowan said:

Hello, 

i was looking for a favour, I’m a season ticket holder and live in Aberdeen. I was wondering if anyone was going to pick up tickets today or tomorrow for the Dundee game? Was going to pay for them and hoped someone could pick them up and maybe meet before the game on Saturday? 

Cheers

Darren 

I believe there's a cash gate at Dens tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Heard a few days ago that Jamieson wouldn’t be involved today because St Mirren didn’t want him cup-tied. Squad just announced basically confirms that. St Mirren have a recall option in January so it looks like that will be happening.

They did the same thing with Kieran Offord at Alloa last night, so it wouldn’t be a huge shock to see one of them go back in January. I’m happy to offer them Dean McMaster as a compromise.

1 hour ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Heard a few days ago that Jamieson wouldn’t be involved today because St Mirren didn’t want him cup-tied. Squad just announced basically confirms that. St Mirren have a recall option in January so it looks like that will be happening.

Obviously he could be recalled but I wouldn't assume that just because they don't want him getting cup tied. Even if there's minimal chance of him being needed the parent club gain nothing by him being cup tied, I don't see why any club would allow a player to be cup tied unless they were so out the picture that they'd definitely never be needed like our Celtic loans last season. The fact they've allowed McMaster to play does show Jamieson is seen as slightly more in the picture though.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

35 minutes ago, Preston Diamond said:

I will state the obvious - lack of a first team squad has cost, and will cost, us dear this season.

No, lack of a decent keeper cost us badly,  outfield had more than enough to win that in 90. The squad depth only cost us in extra time.

32 minutes ago, A.G.R.D.S. said:

No, lack of a decent keeper cost us badly,  outfield had more than enough to win that in 90. The squad depth only cost us in extra time.

Certainly not the safest  keeper, we do seem to have a problem with our keepers, who looks at them before signing, 

I would much rather Alex Henderson was in goals making those mistakes, at least he has the get-out of being young and raw. For an experienced keeper Lyness has no excuses for the errors today & certainly against Edinburgh. Genuinely feel he cost us the cup-tie today.

ETA: Any of the usual ITK’s care to let us know how Josh Rae is getting on? @Sarahs Uncle perhaps?

Edited by Rhys McCabe Hype Train

32 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

I would much rather Alex Henderson was in goals making those mistakes, at least he has the get-out of being young and raw. For an experienced keeper Lyness has no excuses for the errors today & certainly against Edinburgh. Genuinely feel he cost us the cup-tie today.

ETA: Any of the usual ITK’s care to let us know how Josh Rae is getting on? @Sarahs Uncle perhaps?

I think I’ve seen enough of Lyness now to see that for every great save he makes, he seems to cost a goal too. As you say, I’d rather Henderson was in there as I’d at least be a lot more sympathetic to him making those mistakes. Admittedly I wasn’t at the game up at Montrose but other than the goal at Alloa, I don’t remember Henderson making too many obvious mistakes. Rae coming back soon would be ideal.