The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

47 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Glad someone else has cottoned on to it. A sure fire way to rebuild the bridges that have been burned to the ground over the last few years.

Personally don’t suspect it is the main man, but a board member certainly. A very good look indeed.

Assuming it is (which I do) it's beyond pathetic. 

The Gary Cunningham situation has been a complete farce. Board 100% overreacted and should have been handled differently. 

Could definitely do with some better pr/ interaction with the support but can anyone in our fan base honestly say they would be happier with what we had to put upwith under JB and TW?

Good news for the club - and Board - hopefully an end to this.
I’ve read the STV report on it too and neither is giving much away in terms of what was said by the tribunal.
However what we do appear to have is a pile on which seems to ignore that the tribunal decision went against Rico Quitongo. Be nice to see some balance and detail of the judgement itself.

https://news.stv.tv/west-central/rico-quitongo-unsuccessful-in-racial-discrimination-claim-against-former-club-airdrie

Edited to add this link as actually has some detail: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/ex-airdrie-star-rico-quitongo-28572606

I’ve read the STV report on it too and neither is giving much away in terms of what was said by the tribunal.
However what we do appear to have is a pile on which seems to ignore that the tribunal decision went against Rico Quitongo. Be nice to see some balance and detail of the judgement itself.

https://news.stv.tv/west-central/rico-quitongo-unsuccessful-in-racial-discrimination-claim-against-former-club-airdrie

Edited to add this link as actually has some detail: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/ex-airdrie-star-rico-quitongo-28572606

The judgements are normally published on the tribunal website - not sure what the turnaround time is on them actually appearing though.

1 hour ago, Airdrie76 said:

Great news even though the "pile on" is not a surprise. He seen an opportunity to make some money which has now backfired and i doubt anyone one will touch him when his QOS contract ends, career over! Rascals them Quitongo boy's.

Hello, 

i was looking for a favour, I’m a season ticket holder and live in Aberdeen. I was wondering if anyone was going to pick up tickets today or tomorrow for the Dundee game? Was going to pay for them and hoped someone could pick them up and maybe meet before the game on Saturday? 

Cheers

Darren 

45 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Great news even though the "pile on" is not a surprise. He seen an opportunity to make some money which has now backfired and i doubt anyone one will touch him when his QOS contract ends, career over! Rascals them Quitongo boy's.

Should be made  Apologise to club, Rubbish  statement rightfrom start, bad off and on pitch this guy, 

Well, a positive result in the eyes of the club. 

Wish Rico all the best in the future as there’s nothing wrong with standing up against racism (regardless if you think it never happened). 

He’s certainly spread the word that fans should be held accountable for their actions which can only be good news. 

Hopefully the club release a statement updating the support and begin to move on from this one.

1 hour ago, Diamond1924 said:

Well, a positive result in the eyes of the club. 

Wish Rico all the best in the future as there’s nothing wrong with standing up against racism (regardless if you think it never happened). 

He’s certainly spread the word that fans should be held accountable for their actions which can only be good news. 

Hopefully the club release a statement updating the support and begin to move on from this one.

Will you now be leaving this forum given this is what brought you here? It appears you are disappointed with the outcome.

19 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Will you now be leaving this forum given this is what brought you here? It appears you are disappointed with the outcome.

Personally  I wish him all the bad luck, feel he should be fined or something, definately looking for a pay day, 

33 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Nah, will always support any campaign that seeks to stamp racism out the game whether it’s involving my club or not 👍 sometimes it’s good to look at the bigger picture. 

Nah, will always support any campaign that seeks to stamp racism out the game whether it’s involving my club or not [emoji106] sometimes it’s good to look at the bigger picture. 
Although this campaign was less about the alleged racist incident and more about seeking to blame the club for having part in it or after the event.

Having read some of the reports my favourite part is the bit where the hearing judge decided that on balance of probabilities an incident referred to by Mr Quitongo had not happened which strongly suggests a credibility issue.

I wouldn't be holding my breath however awaiting a statement from the club at this time while the various organisations supporting Quitongo examine the full written judgement and hopefully when it is issued it doesn't refer to "vindication".

1 hour ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

I wouldn't be holding my breath however awaiting a statement from the club at this time while the various organisations supporting Quitongo examine the full written judgement and hopefully when it is issued it doesn't refer to "vindication".

While i have been critical of the communication from the club i would totally agree in this instance, silence is the way to go.

Honestly I’d prefer radio silence from the club on this one. Any celebratory statement would come across as crass. The club can be pleased with the findings and quickly and quietly move on. It’s over.

Agree. To be able to have this resolved by the court and to be able to move forwards is all I wanted.