The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

7 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

The bottom line is there was no need for the punishment handed out in the first instance and all this could have been avoided. Our Chairman hasn't received much support from anyone on this so let's not bow to the woke brigade! 

Maybe it's the silent majority in support of the establishment....

5 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Maybe it's the silent majority in support of the establishment....

I'm not talking about just Airdrie fans. Our Chairman received little support from fans of other clubs either once you filtered the usual suspects who think we are all fascist, nazi, racists. The punishment simply does not fit the crime.

33 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

I'm not talking about just Airdrie fans. Our Chairman received little support from fans of other clubs either once you filtered the usual suspects who think we are all fascist, nazi, racists. The punishment simply does not fit the crime.

True, but to be fair he is also locked in an expensive legal case because he refused to label us as racists without any evidence. 

Mistakes have definitely been made but when people say he has 'contempt' for the fans I can't agree.

He could've saved a lot of time and money if that were the case.

22 minutes ago, Diamonds02 said:

True, but to be fair he is also locked in an expensive legal case because he refused to label us as racists without any evidence. 

Mistakes have definitely been made but when people say he has 'contempt' for the fans I can't agree.

He could've saved a lot of time and money if that were the case.

Perhaps but it’s clear from “Sarah’s” posts that it’s now very personal. 

5 hours ago, Sarahs Uncle said:

Absolute nonsense.

Again, let's look at facts instead of hysteria.

Gary Cunningham during his initial attention seeking exercise on Facebook states he is finished with it all. He won't be running any more buses. He specifically mentions he won't be running a bus to Dundee as the club gets a share of the gate. Gary Cunningham publicly states his desire to inflict financial harm on Airdrieonians. Hardly a surprise the club decide to act on this threat. Remove the power, remove the threat. 

Once the latest round of online cuddles fade away Gary changes his story (not for the first time during this sorry saga).  Gary remembers that buses to away games are good for his business and decides, after all his public wailing, he's going to run a bus to Dundee after all. 

Club subsequently email season ticket holders about running a bus for families. Gary heads straight to Facebook looking for yet more sympathy despite having already announced his bus is full.   

Usual Facebook tirade ensues. Some if getting ugly and personal. It's the same names as before and the time before that. Most of them haven't been to an Airdrie game in years. 

Most depressing of all is grown women posting about defecating on a bus full of families and children with an actual schoolteacher endorsing it.

Grim.

When you gotta go, you gotta go! 

The defecation comment I read as a joke (based on the fact that no one would ever want to have a bowel movement in a bus cludgie? I’d say the same about football grounds!!). I don’t think anyone would suggest that laying a cable on a supporters bus in front of families was the logical way to increase fan engagement 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just because it’s a joke doesn’t mean that it isn’t pointed and it was clearly at the expense of the Owner. There’s always been a lot of that in Scottish Football culture since at least the Fanzine Age and some anyone is completely within their rights to find it distasteful……I’d say it’s a stretch to call that the most depressing thing in the whole Fingergate Debacle.

Calling it out as such, looking into who had liked it and naming that person’s profession on here feels pretty “ugly and personal” to me, but we’re all different I suppose.

I’ve been out of Airdrie for over 10 years now, have we suddenly become particularly interested in the standards of behaviour that Publican’s and School Teachers ought to be adhering to?

5 hours ago, CapitalDiamond said:

When you gotta go, you gotta go! 

The defecation comment I read as a joke (based on the fact that no one would ever want to have a bowel movement in a bus cludgie? I’d say the same about football grounds!!). I don’t think anyone would suggest that laying a cable on a supporters bus in front of families was the logical way to increase fan engagement 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just because it’s a joke doesn’t mean that it isn’t pointed and it was clearly at the expense of the Owner. There’s always been a lot of that in Scottish Football culture since at least the Fanzine Age and some anyone is completely within their rights to find it distasteful……I’d say it’s a stretch to call that the most depressing thing in the whole Fingergate Debacle.

Calling it out as such, looking into who had liked it and naming that person’s profession on here feels pretty “ugly and personal” to me, but we’re all different I suppose.

I’ve been out of Airdrie for over 10 years now, have we suddenly become particularly interested in the standards of behaviour that Publican’s and School Teachers ought to be adhering to?

It's time to move on and let GC serve his ban,   

Nothing I have read or heard would makes the club want to have dialogue,  due to the ongoing distasteful whataboutery on both sides of he debate....I

And the answer to your last paragragh.  Yes,    it's called the modern world...

2 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

The club dealt with it privately and perhaps the way to try and resolve it was privately.

Mmmm,  perhaps Gary didn't do the correct thing by publishing the letter but he was obviously livid as Airdrie are a huge part of his life.

So yes, Airdrie should now send him another "private" letter withdrawing his ban and we'll all move on. They don't even need to admit they overreacted.

Mmmm,  perhaps Gary didn't do the correct thing by publishing the letter but he was obviously livid as Airdrie are a huge part of his life.
So yes, Airdrie should now send him another "private" letter withdrawing his ban and we'll all move on. They don't even need to admit they overreacted.

I think the horse has bolted on that one… hopefully is resolved eventually once things settle down.

17 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

This is the boards strategy after ignoring all the complaints from fans who have got in touch and then deciding to run their own bus to games.

Limmy Double Down GIF - Limmy Double Down Gods Judgement - Discover & Share  GIFs

31 minutes ago, KD1711 said:

This is the boards strategy after ignoring all the complaints from fans who have got in touch and then deciding to run their own bus to games.

Limmy Double Down GIF - Limmy Double Down Gods Judgement - Discover & Share  GIFs

Whilst i'm firmly on Gary's side, i would assume this bus is a 1 off, or for big games only.

No excuse though for ignoring fans complaints and no shame either if they quietly quash his ban.

On 20/11/2022 at 13:51, Sarahs Uncle said:

Absolute nonsense.

Again, let's look at facts instead of hysteria.

Gary Cunningham during his initial attention seeking exercise on Facebook states he is finished with it all. He won't be running any more buses. He specifically mentions he won't be running a bus to Dundee as the club gets a share of the gate. Gary Cunningham publicly states his desire to inflict financial harm on Airdrieonians. Hardly a surprise the club decide to act on this threat. Remove the power, remove the threat. 

Once the latest round of online cuddles fade away Gary changes his story (not for the first time during this sorry saga).  Gary remembers that buses to away games are good for his business and decides, after all his public wailing, he's going to run a bus to Dundee after all. 

Club subsequently email season ticket holders about running a bus for families. Gary heads straight to Facebook looking for yet more sympathy despite having already announced his bus is full.   

Usual Facebook tirade ensues. Some if getting ugly and personal. It's the same names as before and the time before that. Most of them haven't been to an Airdrie game in years. 

Most depressing of all is grown women posting about defecating on a bus full of families and children with an actual schoolteacher endorsing it.

Grim

Hiya Paul or Paul's minion, Hiya pal.

On 21/11/2022 at 16:21, cb_diamond said:

Hiya Paul or Paul's minion, Hiya pal.

Glad someone else has cottoned on to it. A sure fire way to rebuild the bridges that have been burned to the ground over the last few years.

Personally don’t suspect it is the main man, but a board member certainly. A very good look indeed.