The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

26 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Perhaps it's because the guy has attended the vast majority of Airdrie games for 40 years and that has been taken away from him therefore i believe, and an extremely high percentage of others, think he deserves to be cut a little slack.

Are you suggesting he called PH and said sorry, and that would have been that?

Had Gary behaved like a man and called PH then there is a far higher likelihood the issue would've been resolved.

Zero chance anyone at the club will want to speak to Gary now knowing that the content of any conversation will end up on Facebook or in the Daily Record.  

4 minutes ago, Sarahs Uncle said:

Had Gary behaved like a man and called PH then there is a far higher likelihood the issue would've been resolved.

Zero chance anyone at the club will want to speak to Gary now knowing that the content of any conversation will end up on Facebook or in the Daily Record.  

Would probably be met by radio silence from the club anyway, they've made their contempt for the fans known with the radio silence given to the numerous fans who have contacted the club.

Anyway Paul have a good day pal.

1 minute ago, Sarahs Uncle said:

By the same token couldn't PH have called Gary initially? I think we (PH) needs to be bigger than that.

1 hour ago, Sarahs Uncle said:

A recap on the Gary Cunningham saga;

Gary Cunningham is sitting in the family section and decides to stick his fingers up (with a rather disturbing facial expression) behind the mascot and his pals. Some of them are barely 5 years old.

The club send a communication to him personally citing an indefinite ban. Seems extreme but as someone has already mentioned, an ongoing legal case which has its roots in fan behavior is the likely driver for this.

Gary decides to make this public on an Airdrie fans Facebook page looking for online hugs and trying to create a storm. 

Things die down a bit over the weekend, so he puts the same letter up looking for more online hugs. The same people say the same things as they did the week before.  

The letter ends up on a Scottish Football Fans twitter forum. Some comments sympathetic. Others think Gary should be put on some kind of register and kept as far away from kids as possible. 

Gary then speaks to the Daily Record. Tells the DR he has tried to contact the club by email to resolve the issue after telling the AFC fans Facebook group he hasn't contacted the club as he 'thinks I would make it worse'. Gary can't even get his story straight. 

Airdrie FC say absolutely nothing while this hysterical manbaby speaks to anyone and everyone with the exception of the person he should have spoken to in the first place.  Had he done so it'd probably be resolved by now. Gary needs to sack his PR team.

On a far more important note, a must win for Airdrie today. Mon the diamonds. 

You are an absolute clown! I'd ban you just for been a fud 

1 hour ago, KD1711 said:

Would probably be met by radio silence from the club anyway, they've made their contempt for the fans known with the radio silence given to the numerous fans who have contacted the club.

Anyway Paul have a good day pal.

I wouldn't say keeping to non disclosure agreements shows contempt for the fans tbh

Given what Uncle Insider is saying and what has been said in court I think Gary is going to continue to have free time on his hands.

Reminder: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-62512909.amp

You can see why they’ve done what they’ve done - even though the majority recognise it as being a completely over the top reaction.

3 hours ago, Sarahs Uncle said:

Certainly think the second part of this is entirely accurate, going to the press doesn't do anyone any favours. Even if the press did come to him. Never speak to or trust a journalist.

Abysmal. Beyond fed up of dropping points because of conceding goals a primary school team could defend better. That’s 5 months now and we still can’t defend? Not good enough. We haven’t won a game where we’ve conceded a goal all season. Not sustainable. Proper manager who can actually coach a team to defend set pieces and defend in general please.

That was diabolical against a very poor Peterhead side.

Ballantyne man of the match only because he seemed to have a sense of urgency and aggression about him which summed it up really.

Can we  ditch McMaster back to St Mirren at xmas as he's an absolute nothing player, fecking about 40 yards from his own goal playing side & backwards was doing my nut in. Devenny who he replaced done even less but light squad again was shown up as it's clear the young subs are only to replace injured players.

Frizzell coming back will help but we need to turn over players in the next window. Deveney, Watson & Telfer were particularly horrific today.

18 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

Telfer is very lucky Frizzell is injured, I think we are playing him too deep but even at that he's not offering enough. Unfortunately with our lack of squad depth players that are underperforming can't be benched.

Not a lot good at airdrie fc at the moment, we are crying out for a manager that can organise a team, carry on with this team and bottom 3 is very likely, powder puff, any decent team will beat us at the moment, 

It’s fine when we in but today was a great example of the (lack of) squad shambles. No harm to him but when literally your only senior option on the bench is Dean McMaster you know something has gone wrong. We don’t even have a particularly bad injury crisis, Frizzell and McGill are the only two outfielders injured as well as ATS who doesn’t seem fit. As others have said, I thought Deveney and Watson were very poor, the latter in particular, but we just don’t have the option of benching them.

My main thing today was that it really showed up how bad a decision sending Salim out on loan was. All of his goals for us have been quite scrappy and in a game where we were lacking ideas and the ball wasn’t falling for us, his chaos could have made a difference.

A good stat I was told today is that we haven’t won a game we’ve conceded in. I’m pretty sure McCabe will talk about missed chances or not scoring in his interview but once again the main issue is not doing the basics defensively. 

A disastrous 1st Half where the set up was totally wrong against the opposition ,  High Risk, High Reward was the mantra at the start of the season,  basically the way Peter head played to perfection in the first half, just sliding balls into he channels and exposing our defence,  still not sure if McCabe was meant to be playing in midfield or defence today,   we basically turned up today thinking it would be a walkover,  an arrogant needless passing performance,  after the break we went direct and narrow and showed we are a much better side on the front foot,  nothing fell for us today in the box, but sometimes you have to makes your own luck in life....

No noticeable boycotts or shouts at he game today,  in hindsight no need for the extra stewarding.

Scott Agnew was there his his family again today is there again is there anything in this or does he just like the hospitality..

Is ATS unfit or does McCabe just not like him? He’s never been left out a squad since signing just been an unused sub in a team that only makes one sub (if that) every week. I think he’d be a better option than Deveney at left back if I’m being honest.

A lot of us said in the summer we were only really bothered about losing Easton and obviously Murray from last season. Right now I’d do anything to have guys like Josh Kerr, Scott Agnew, Jordan Allan or Scott McGill available. 

8 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Is ATS unfit or does McCabe just not like him? He’s never been left out a squad since signing just been an unused sub in a team that only makes one sub (if that) every week. I think he’d be a better option than Deveney at left back if I’m being honest.

A lot of us said in the summer we were only really bothered about losing Easton and obviously Murray from last season. Right now I’d do anything to have guys like Josh Kerr, Scott Agnew, Jordan Allan or Scott McGill available. 

ATS has a hamstring injury picked up at Edinburgh apparently,  on the bench to make up numbers