The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

2 hours ago, David Fernández said:

Bright Okosun amongst the goals again.1e82865fea1d822dcee10e36c6f5b2a9.jpg

Not wanting to shit in anyone's cornflakes but at this stage he has a huge advantage in terms of his physical development, the rest of the footballing package may not quite be there.

When he went off they put Dylan Watt through the middle and he looked far more effective. IMO

Not wanting to shit in anyone's cornflakes but at this stage he has a huge advantage in terms of his physical development, the rest of the footballing package may not quite be there.
When he went off they put Dylan Watt through the middle and he looked far more effective. IMO

Real Madrid scouts don’t read this forum stop trying to throw them off the scent!

59 minutes ago, KD1711 said:

Gary has just said on Facebook he’s had a letter today confirming his ban, so embarrassing from the club to double down on this.

Aye very harsh to say the least, are the club doing that well they ban a very good supporter for having a daft moment, and his brother won't be back, a lot  of refersals been happening lately so see sense Airdrie and do another, 

Saw the letter on Facebook and it's scandalous. It includes the line 'they (children) should not be subjected to this type of abuse.'

To literally claim he has abused them because he jokingly stuck 2 fingers up to a camera is an utter disgrace.

I can only assume the reason behind this is the board getting twitchy over the Quitongo situation and are using this as a chance to show how serious they deal with 'abuse'. A total joke.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

26 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Saw the letter on Facebook and it's scandalous. It includes the line 'they (children) should not be subjected to this type of abuse.'

To literally claim he has abused them because he jokingly stuck 2 fingers up to a camera is an utter disgrace.

I can only assume the reason behind this is the board getting twitchy over the Quitongo situation and are using this as a chance to show how serious they deal with 'abuse'. A total joke.

Board better be careful they don't have  another court case, 

Anyone have an update on the court case?

Hi

I know this is probably a long shot but does anyone have, or know of someone who might, footage of the following two games:

14/01/89 Airdrieonians 2-0 Falkirk

24/09/91 Airdrieonians 1-1 Dunfermline A (Skol Cup S/F at Tynecastle)

Highlights of both were on BBC Scotland, neither are on YouTube.

Reply or PM would be fine and any costs covered by myself.

Thanks

Said it last week but I find it mental that the directors of a club of our size feel they are in a position to alienate large swathes of the fan base at once.

Add to this the only communication with fans is to sell tickets, a match preview, a 90-second copy/paste interview before and after games, punt the lottery and tell supporters they are banned.

Ballantyne & Wotherspoon had their moments but at least they had semi-regular Q&As to convince us all was rosy.