The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

11 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Its not a loan. He's a signed player..presumably he was a free agent at 1st Sept then.

He'd need to be registered with the SFA to be allowed to play for us so I reckon you've called that right. Can't imagine any club secretary being so reckless as to bring him in without clearance.

Just as our forwards find the net we proceed to give so much space to Queens to equalise twice.

It looked worrying to concede so early but I did think we came back in to a good set of play and looked the better side. However you can't allow their big number 4 to stroll the second half where our two main midfielders were not physically challenging.

Great goal by Smith but shocking reactions for their third. I'd need to watch again but in losing out on the corner we left Ballantyne always dicing if he mistimed that tackle. Didn't think it was a 2nd yellow but the lino was eager. 

Glad we stopped the rot but this very light squad is going to be tested in the next two away games. 

If I were a neutral I'd have enjoyed that game but I'm not!

24 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Someone on facebook claiming to have spoken with him and it's looking like 6 weeks out!

Just when we are struggling a bit we get another kick, it's bad luck alright, we can go on about can't attack, can't defend, but we can't say it's not entertaining, 

1 minute ago, Jack Reed said:

Just when we are struggling a bit we get another kick, it's bad luck alright, we can go on about can't attack, can't defend, but we can't say it's not entertaining, 

Injuries and suspensions are guaranteed, just depends how many you get.

Can I just ask why we were coralled together into one section today? Surely it can't be down to stewarding costs. The QOS supporters numbered about 150 and I counted at least 8 stewards there. That's a better ratio than most schools offer.

Are the club aware that we are at the start of a new wave of Covid?

A Wylie was on the bench for Celtic B today, presumably Ben. I wonder if we/he ended up cancelling his loan before the September window ended? No great loss in terms of ability from the small sample size we saw but we do need guys to fill out the bench. Potentially two outfield subs next week if Frizzell is indeed out for six weeks. 

Does anyone know who the two young guys who are always out in the warm-ups are? They’ve been there all season and were sitting with Frizzell and Rae today. I assume they’re the other two Northern Irish boys who played in the games at Broadwood but it seems bizarre nothing has ever been announced about them.

I can understand not wanting to play the academy players when they aren’t ready for first team football, but surely we’d be as well naming some of the boys on the bench to fill out numbers and give them some first team experience. We’ve heard very little about the academy squad too. The first five signings were named with some appearing on the bench (or featuring) in the League Cup but very little since. There’s obviously a lot more than five now since we know they’ve played a couple of games.

12 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

I can understand not wanting to play the academy players when they aren’t ready for first team football, but surely we’d be as well naming some of the boys on the bench to fill out numbers and give them some first team experience. We’ve heard very little about the academy squad too. The first five signings were named with some appearing on the bench (or featuring) in the League Cup but very little since. There’s obviously a lot more than five now since we know they’ve played a couple of games.

By the time we hit December and suspensions kick in, the dream of Bright playing might actually become a reality.

The development squad are playing at 1.30pm tomorrow against Falkirk in Airdrie and it is free entry. I wish the club would promote this to encourage more folk to come along. But I'd like to see an update of how they are doing. Cole Gibson done really well in the Cup games.

Does anyone know what kind of results we have had? Who are the stand outs etc?

1 hour ago, Mr November said:

A Wylie was on the bench for Celtic B today, presumably Ben. I wonder if we/he ended up cancelling his loan before the September window ended? No great loss in terms of ability from the small sample size we saw but we do need guys to fill out the bench. Potentially two outfield subs next week if Frizzell is indeed out for six weeks. 

Does anyone know who the two young guys who are always out in the warm-ups are? They’ve been there all season and were sitting with Frizzell and Rae today. I assume they’re the other two Northern Irish boys who played in the games at Broadwood but it seems bizarre nothing has ever been announced about them.

Definitely him. A strange one as he’s still listed in the squad section on the club website. 

0B11CF8C-22C0-4462-B406-1CB58C270067.png

11 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Definitely him. A strange one as he’s still listed in the squad section on the club website. 

0B11CF8C-22C0-4462-B406-1CB58C270067.png

Unless he is back to get his fitness up to standard,    Jamieson and McMaster still play with St Mirre n B as well excluding Saturday's obviously..