The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Don’t think the ‘new’ back line are tried and tested enough for McCabe to retire to the sidelines just yet.

I think McCabe is much better playing in the centre half roll alongside Dycey. Dycey does the hard graft with the heading/tackling/bullying but McCabe bring that’s composure to the back line which allows us to play our style of football. 

Edited by Diamond1924

Surprised by the number of people that prefer McCabe at centre half. I think he’s fine there but I’m more of the opinion that Agnew dropping out for Kerr and McCabe pushing up into midfield might have made the difference at the end of last season. I expect Watson and Devenny will be dropped to the bench tomorrow.

Henderson

Ballantyne Fordyce ATS Deveney

Telfer McCabe Frizzell

Jamieson Gallagher Smith

That’s how I’d line up but I think McCabe will start McGill over Gallagher. Obviously this lineup assumes no signings will be made before the game, although even if there is a signing announced tonight it’s probably unlikely that they’ll start tomorrow.

19 hours ago, She who dares gins said:

Not offended by it, but I won’t be paying £72 to be judged on my frock and can’t abide prosecco. Well intentioned, but better ways to open the door up for female fans to get to know each other. Hope those that do go enjoy themselves - but it’s a no from me. Defo outdated IMO.

I think prosecco’s quite nice and I never get offered any. What a world we live in!

5 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Surprised by the number of people that prefer McCabe at centre half. I think he’s fine there but I’m more of the opinion that Agnew dropping out for Kerr and McCabe pushing up into midfield might have made the difference at the end of last season. I expect Watson and Devenny will be dropped to the bench tomorrow.

Henderson

Ballantyne Fordyce ATS Deveney

Telfer McCabe Frizzell

Jamieson Gallagher Smith

That’s how I’d line up but I think McCabe will start McGill over Gallagher. Obviously this lineup assumes no signings will be made before the game, although even if there is a signing announced tonight it’s probably unlikely that they’ll start tomorrow.

Salim away to Stranraer on loan, good move for him to get fitness back. 

This is a strange one. He’s clearly not going to be a regular starter for us so getting regular games makes sense but we’re not exactly blessed with loads of options at the moment that we can afford to let players go.
I'd have taken him at the pars tae [emoji23][emoji23] (yes I realise you wouldn't loan him to a promotion rival in same division)

8 minutes ago, Mr November said:

This is a strange one. He’s clearly not going to be a regular starter for us so getting regular games makes sense but we’re not exactly blessed with loads of options at the moment that we can afford to let players go.

Probably freeing a wage for a new face or two to come in. Maybe see the pen at 5:30pm or 6:00pm!

4 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

I’d like to think there’s no one at the club stupid enough to consider signing him.

Even if there was, they couldn't. David Goodwillie was a contracted Raith Rovers player as of the 1st September. So he is not an option for you, or any other league club, until the January transfer window. And in truth, it would be utterly f*****g astonishing if any such club went within a hundred of miles of him, given his toxicity. Not happening.

5 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Even if there was, they couldn't. David Goodwillie was a contracted Raith Rovers player as of the 1st September. So he is not an option for you, or any other league club, until the January transfer window. And in truth, it would be utterly f*****g astonishing if any such club went within a hundred of miles of him, given his toxicity. Not happening.

Thought out of contract players could sign for anyone, as long as they didn’t play for more than two clubs within 12 months (Goodwillie never played for Raith). Hope he never gets a club again anyway.

2 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Thought out of contract players could sign for anyone, as long as they didn’t play for more than two clubs within 12 months (Goodwillie never played for Raith). Hope he never gets a club again anyway.

He had to have been free of his contract prior to the closure of the summer transfer window. Goodwillie wasn't. The two clubs stuff has nothing to do with it. 

3 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

I was under the impression the player would have to be a free agent BEFORE the transfer window shut.

Anyways, that rodent will be playing amateur shortly. Or rock up at OpenGoal "for the craic" 🙄