The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Would take him in a heartbeat as I think we definitely need another centre half but the question becomes whether he’d be willing to relocate to the central belt. Montrose are probably more likely to get him (if they have an interest that is) than us for that reason alone.
I'm sure it was posted on the Cove forum that he's actually from Motherwell. I think he'd be a pretty good and solid defender for us but the question is, would McCabe want him? We are generally set in our ways in playing out from the back and I'm not sure how good he is at that. However, it would create a better balance in defence if you have one ball playing centre back in Dycey and one out and out defender like him.

13 minutes ago, CHEMOMAN said:

Wonder where Aggie will end up now he's left Raith?

There's talk of Stevie Crawford going to Dundee United as Liam Fox's assistant, so Agnew as the new East Fife manager makes sense. If he does end up there then it'll be interesting to see how he gets on. It's hard to judge these things but I certainly feel a lot more confident with McCabe than I would have with Agnew.

8 hours ago, David Fernández said:
9 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:
Would take him in a heartbeat as I think we definitely need another centre half but the question becomes whether he’d be willing to relocate to the central belt. Montrose are probably more likely to get him (if they have an interest that is) than us for that reason alone.

I'm sure it was posted on the Cove forum that he's actually from Motherwell. I think he'd be a pretty good and solid defender for us but the question is, would McCabe want him? We are generally set in our ways in playing out from the back and I'm not sure how good he is at that. However, it would create a better balance in defence if you have one ball playing centre back in Dycey and one out and out defender like him.

He’s part time might have a part to play in it 

On 27/09/2022 at 13:48, David Fernández said:
On 27/09/2022 at 12:28, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

That's what I'm thinking. You can affect how we play but you can't affect how other teams play - and a lot of the teams in this league just shell it. 

He did a similar role as you say for Cove - just domed everything while the midfield and attackers did their thing up the other end of the pitch.

On 27/09/2022 at 14:39, Mr November said:

There's talk of Stevie Crawford going to Dundee United as Liam Fox's assistant, so Agnew as the new East Fife manager makes sense. If he does end up there then it'll be interesting to see how he gets on. It's hard to judge these things but I certainly feel a lot more confident with McCabe than I would have with Agnew.

Crawford at United, 

Saddle up guys and gals,   for an exciting couple of days,   The well documented loanee window closes on Friday at midnight,  surely we will land a wee gem at the last minute to boost our 18 man squad,  I hope and expect this too happen...

You never know they might end up modelling this season's new home kit which is getting launched this week (apparently)......

It will be an interesting team selection tomorrow.

Henderson, Ballantyne, Fordyce, Frizzell and Smith are the only definite starters i can see although personally McCabe would also start for me but not sure he will.

Henderson

Ballantyne Watson Fordyce ATS

McCabe

Frizzell Devenny Telfer

Smith McGill

Hopefully the goalie understands that sometimes you need to hoof it after his horror show against Alloa.

1 hour ago, Kenny_m said:

It will be an interesting team selection tomorrow.

Henderson, Ballantyne, Fordyce, Frizzell and Smith are the only definite starters i can see although personally McCabe would also start for me but not sure he will.

Henderson

Ballantyne Watson Fordyce ATS

McCabe

Frizzell Devenny Telfer

Smith McGill

Hopefully the goalie understands that sometimes you need to hoof it after his horror show against Alloa.

Agree with your team selection, although I think he might play Ballantyne LB and Watson RB with Dycey and ATS in the centre.

9 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

Agree with your team selection, although I think he might play Ballantyne LB and Watson RB with Dycey and ATS in the centre.

Yeh whilst Ballantyne could play there and has a great attitude, i love a leftie in that position. Deveney probably suits our system better but i'm still unsure of him.

17 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Yeh whilst Ballantyne could play there and has a great attitude, i love a leftie in that position. Deveney probably suits our system better but i'm still unsure of him.

Me too but I think I'd rather Ballantyne in at left back than Deveney, he's still young and raw but based on what we've seen on him so far i don't think we'll win a league with him playing every week as harsh as that sounds.

2 hours ago, AJ77 said:

Me too but I think I'd rather Ballantyne in at left back than Deveney, he's still young and raw but based on what we've seen on him so far i don't think we'll win a league with him playing every week as harsh as that sounds.

Deveney not the only problem, 

Not a lady myself so I suppose it’s not really my place to decide what’s acceptable and what isn’t but the club’s “Lady’s Day” in hospitality comes across as a bit outdated, particularly the awards for best dressed presented by the man of the match. I think it’s a good thing to try to encourage women to come to the games, and I think the heart’s in the right place, but not convinced this event is the best way. Just seems a bit condescending with the focus on prosecco and dresses. Also seems a bit overpriced at £72 but I’ve never attended hospitality so I don’t know how good it is in terms of value.

Not offended by it, but I won’t be paying £72 to be judged on my frock and can’t abide prosecco. Well intentioned, but better ways to open the door up for female fans to get to know each other. Hope those that do go enjoy themselves - but it’s a no from me. Defo outdated IMO.

17 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

Not offended by it, but I won’t be paying £72 to be judged on my frock and can’t abide prosecco. Well intentioned, but better ways to open the door up for female fans to get to know each other. Hope those that do go enjoy themselves - but it’s a no from me. Defo outdated IMO.

I know it's up to the management  and its maybe no important but it would be nice to see all the  players photos on the official site, it's maybe like signing players it's takes a while, 

On 28/09/2022 at 20:10, Passionate said:

Saddle up guys and gals,   for an exciting couple of days,   The well documented loanee window closes on Friday at midnight,  surely we will land a wee gem at the last minute to boost our 18 man squad,  I hope and expect this too happen...

I count 19 but that includes, an injured goalie, a player/goalie coach, a player/assistant manager and of course Rhys. With the loan window closing today then Injuries, which are guaranteed, could be our biggest issue.

Yes i'm aware that we can sign out of contract players but i would imagine that would now be a tiny market.