The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

3 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

SPFL have announced they plan on games going ahead this weekend, so presumably Ballantyne serves his suspension for this game versus Clyde. You'd expect so, anyway.

Probably a good thing, as you would have thought he would be missed more at Montrose rather than a home game against Clyde.

Yes, i'm well aware that this might not turn out to be the case!

Well we needed a reaction after last time out and we certainly got one! Thought there wasn't much between the teams in the first-half. We probably played the better football through Telfer and Frizzell but we're still far too loose with the ball and slack defensively at times for my liking. We were lucky the times Clyde did get in and around our area they either had a terrible final ball or finish or Henderson pulled off some cracking saves (again). Jamieson's goal was strange but amusing. Delighted that he got his goal. He can be a frustrating player but he's a quality player too and he works hard. It was a deserved and much needed goal. Likewise for Smith and his double and I thought he was very good overall today with his hold and linkup play. Looking forward to watching the third goal back. As soon as the second went in  Clyde more-or-less chucked it/fell to bits and it was a bit of a canter from that point onwards. Lovely goal from Gabby. I was giving him a bit of stick, for that miss especially 😂 but it was a nice run and finish. Gal would still be the starting centre-forward for me though. Nice to see McMaster back on the pitch and to see Salim notch another goal too. Hopefully a few more late goals from corners to come this season! Hope both guys and Wylie get the chance to start next week and hopefully show a bit more of what they can do. Thought ATS was absolutely fine defensively and with the ball at his feet. Would maybe give him a chance at left-back as Deveney struggled today. 

Overall a great win, wiped out the dent to the goal difference made a couple of weeks ago and the other results in the division were largely positive for us. Just need the home kits now ;) ♦️

On 16/09/2022 at 12:56, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Home strip by end of month and away one week after. Looks like a diamond “texturing” rather than pure white. 

On 16/09/2022 at 13:12, Diamonds_Are_Forever said:

Might the sleeves that they are showing same type of design roughly as West Ham’s maybe 

Looks like a 30 year tribute to the Prague kit, like what they did 10 years ago for the 20th anniversary.