The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Hard not to get a bit nervous now regarding signings. I've been the voice of positivity for some time now, but cant keep saying 'there's still time' forever. Would hate for our excellent start to be undone by a couple of injuries, suspensions etc. It's certainly been a tough period for actual signings but our expectations seem to be dropping from 5-6 players needed, down to 3-4 and now even 2-3. 

There's still time though. 👀

22 hours ago, David Fernández said:
22 hours ago, airdrieman said:
I’d probably stick with the same team. Deveney was poor on Saturday but he’s done well so far and I don’t think he’ll get as tough a time in any other fixture as he did on Saturday, against Kyle MacDonald of all folk. Albeit the boy Robertson seems to have scored in almost every game so far and I think he plays on the right. 

Feel the same about Jamieson. Was obviously having a bit of a stinker but he’d been excellent and a real threat in every game up until Saturday. He deserves, and needs, a goal. I assume Henderson will be in goals on Saturday? 

The Alloa cup game (which is now the Friday night) seems like the best opportunity to give the likes of Salim, Wylie, McMaster and ATS (if he’s still around), a full, or as close to a full 90 minutes as possible, under their belts. If we can kill off either the Edinburgh or Clyde game(s) early enough we might see a bit more of them. 

Josh Rae can't be too far away if Murray Johnson is going back to Hibs.

Hopefully Rae is back soon but I assume that now we have two goalies available there’s no longer a basis in which we can have an emergency loan keeper? Henderson at least seems to have a good pedigree and, presumably McCabe, wouldn’t have gone to the trouble of signing him from Northern Ireland if he didn’t think he was decent. Would have been as well keeping Cantley or signing someone else of that ilk if he’s just there to fill a spot on the bench. 

Hopefully Rae is back soon but I assume that now we have two goalies available there’s no longer a basis in which we can have an emergency loan keeper? Henderson at least seems to have a good pedigree and, presumably McCabe, wouldn’t have gone to the trouble of signing him from Northern Ireland if he didn’t think he was decent. Would have been as well keeping Cantley or signing someone else of that ilk if he’s just there to fill a spot on the bench. 
Wouldn't say he'd be there to fill a spot on the bench, maybe part of Gow's development team maybe, woukd be good if the club coukd provide an update on how thats looking. I think he featured as a trialist in one of the NL Cup games as well. If he's as good as Murray Johnson, that's excellent business. But being honest, I'd feel much more reassured with Josh Rae on goals.

4 minutes ago, David Fernández said:
51 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Wouldn't say he'd be there to fill a spot on the bench, maybe part of Gow's development team maybe, woukd be good if the club coukd provide an update on how thats looking. I think he featured as a trialist in one of the NL Cup games as well. If he's as good as Murray Johnson, that's excellent business. But being honest, I'd feel much more reassured with Josh Rae on goals.

Not sure what the good pedigree  is. Can't find any senior games he has  played in. Anybody got anything, 

8 hours ago, Mr November said:

I see Fordyce has confirmed that we most likely won’t be signing anyone today, with the plan being to try and bring in a couple of loan players before the end of our loan window. 

So there is a sign ing plan in place, you would never know,    not convinced at all,  we have started well top of the league etc,  things change quickly in Football and if teams are unable to adapt they get left behind,   apart from a few Lemmings on here, I think the majority think that McCabe and Fordyce are playing with fire.....I

You would think the management team would like to sign an experienced defender who has played Premier League,  down south and at Championship level,  we have had one training and on the bench as a trialist the last 2 games, surely this is a move that is a no brainer or are we waiting for an unknown quality 19 year old to become available instead .....

18 minutes ago, Passionate said:

So there is a sign ing plan in place, you would never know,    not convinced at all,  we have started well top of the league etc,  things change quickly in Football and if teams are unable to adapt they get left behind,   apart from a few Lemmings on here, I think the majority think that McCabe and Fordyce are playing with fire.....I

You would think the management team would like to sign an experienced defender who has played Premier League,  down south and at Championship level,  we have had one training and on the bench as a trialist the last 2 games, surely this is a move that is a no brainer or are we waiting for an unknown quality 19 year old to become available instead .....

Do the majority think that do they ? 

Deary me your miserable. 

He was rubbish at Falkirk last season but then again, who wasn’t?  I’m not expecting much from him but his experience, height and ability to cover centre back and left back is perfect for what we need. McCabe has got most things right so far so I think we have to trust his judgment.

Hopefully he can convince another Antigua and Barbuda international to join, now that would be fun.

1 minute ago, Mr November said:

He was rubbish at Falkirk last season but then again, who wasn’t?  I’m not expecting much from him but his experience, height and ability to cover centre back and left back is perfect for what we need. McCabe has got most things right so far so I think we have to trust his judgment.

Hopefully he can convince another Antigua and Barbuda international to join, now that would be fun.

Would ruin us during the international break though