The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Looking at the next 4 fixtures, which takes us to the end of Q1, I'd be looking for us to try and bag 10 points. Edinburgh & Clyde at home are games we should be winning if we aspire to win this goddamned league. Both potential banana skins but at home, we should be winning these. Kelty away too, given how poorly they have started. Montrose away is the trickiest one but we are still good enough to go there looking for the win and a draw would be seen as a decent outcome by most I'm sure. 

I between times, the other teams vying for top spot will have some tricky games so hopefully will dro some points. By the end of Q1 we could still be top but with a gap opening up a bit. That'd the dream scenario anyway! 

Onto players and recruitment. Big day today with the transfer window closing. Not that it really affects us, lol. However, I still think this could see us being one or two new players in this week to bolster the squad further. Hopefully Rhys manages to find the type of players he's looking for that will add competition to the team and not be here to earn some skelfs.

Interesting few days ahead (hopefully!) but cannot wait for Saturday. 

Mon The Diamonds ♦️

4 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

Anyone have idea about the home strip launch. It’s gone very quiet on that front: at least we could see the designs or something?

Still lots of issues across Umbro , and with a lot bigger clubs than us. 

Hopefully we hear soon. Think it's right not to put out some designs though , things always look crap until they are modelled , even on a dummy. 

19 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

Noticed the sun have mentioned Hibs midfielder Dylan Tait looks like he's heading out on loan, heard his name mentioned with us a few weeks ago would be good to add one more attacking midfielder.

I'd take that ! 

48 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

Anyone have idea about the home strip launch. It’s gone very quiet on that front: at least we could see the designs or something?

Home and away are out mid September I believe. If going by the last 2 seasons, the home and away will probably be the same design, but different colours.  

Noticed the sun have mentioned Hibs midfielder Dylan Tait looks like he's heading out on loan, heard his name mentioned with us a few weeks ago would be good to add one more attacking midfielder.

That would be an awesome loan signing. You have to think he’ll end up in the Championship but you never know. He is exactly the type of player we need

Next team after Dunfermline

Will there be a back 3 with Rhys

A swop of of Deven[ne]ys as there was towards of the end of last Saturday with Justin moving to left wing back where he got forward to set up Friz's amazing goal

Ben Wylie getting a start in the Rhys shaped hole in midfield?

Up front is LJ forgiven or will Gal and Gabbie start. When, if ever will Sal get a start

4 hours ago, goodwin said:

Next team after Dunfermline

Will there be a back 3 with Rhys

A swop of of Deven[ne]ys as there was towards of the end of last Saturday with Justin moving to left wing back where he got forward to set up Friz's amazing goal

Ben Wylie getting a start in the Rhys shaped hole in midfield?

Up front is LJ forgiven or will Gal and Gabbie start. When, if ever will Sal get a start

I’d probably stick with the same team. Deveney was poor on Saturday but he’s done well so far and I don’t think he’ll get as tough a time in any other fixture as he did on Saturday, against Kyle MacDonald of all folk. Albeit the boy Robertson seems to have scored in almost every game so far and I think he plays on the right. 

Feel the same about Jamieson. Was obviously having a bit of a stinker but he’d been excellent and a real threat in every game up until Saturday. He deserves, and needs, a goal. I assume Henderson will be in goals on Saturday? 

The Alloa cup game (which is now the Friday night) seems like the best opportunity to give the likes of Salim, Wylie, McMaster and ATS (if he’s still around), a full, or as close to a full 90 minutes as possible, under their belts. If we can kill off either the Edinburgh or Clyde game(s) early enough we might see a bit more of them. 

I’d probably stick with the same team. Deveney was poor on Saturday but he’s done well so far and I don’t think he’ll get as tough a time in any other fixture as he did on Saturday, against Kyle MacDonald of all folk. Albeit the boy Robertson seems to have scored in almost every game so far and I think he plays on the right. 

Feel the same about Jamieson. Was obviously having a bit of a stinker but he’d been excellent and a real threat in every game up until Saturday. He deserves, and needs, a goal. I assume Henderson will be in goals on Saturday? 

The Alloa cup game (which is now the Friday night) seems like the best opportunity to give the likes of Salim, Wylie, McMaster and ATS (if he’s still around), a full, or as close to a full 90 minutes as possible, under their belts. If we can kill off either the Edinburgh or Clyde game(s) early enough we might see a bit more of them. 
Josh Rae can't be too far away if Murray Johnson is going back to Hibs.