The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

30 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

All the years watching football I never knew that you can take a throw in as long as one foot is touching the line,  I live and learn, manager was taking some good  long throws against Motherwell  if I remember correctly, 

I only found out last year you can't be offside from a goal kick... 

2 hours ago, Mr November said:

Given how many Celtic players we sign on loan, I can't wait for our loanee from Real Madrid to appear. The Spanish Armada round two.

Think that'd be quite an interesting game to go and see to be honest. You'd imagine Real Madrid would have some talented young players, future stars even, playing in our stadium. 

3pm KO on a Tuesday is a bit sh1t though. 

Interesting looking at the league table - already seeing things starting to ‘take shape’. I’m really hoping that we have teams that can take points off of Falkirk, Dunfermline etc. CR had the run of things for the most part without much resistance. Yes, they were a very good side but needing some bottom half of the league teams who can take a scalp. Montrose , Falkirk and Dunfermline all play teams at the bottom end (ok, QOTS have 5 points) and I’m wondering if there will be a surprise in there. I actually feel pretty good about the Edinburgh game and although they have made a decent start our home form should carry us through with a comfortable win. 2-0. Frizzell and McCabe. You heard it here first

ATS would be a pretty sound squad addition. Can play right across the back, versatility which is very handy with a thin squad. 
Definitely wouldn't judge him on his stint at Falkirk last season, place was a graveyard under Rennie. (First post, woohoo!)

Welcome to P&B! Your right, that Falkirk team stunk. Hard to judge most of their players based on the last couple of seasons

Another thing to take into consideration as well is the energy costs going to be rising, one of my mates said the company he works for has went from £18,000 a year to £64,000 a year for energy costs, there is no energy cap on businesses either AFAIK.

What impact will this have with the amount of electricity stadiums must use?

27 minutes ago, KD1711 said:

Another thing to take into consideration as well is the energy costs going to be rising, one of my mates said the company he works for has went from £18,000 a year to £64,000 a year for energy costs, there is no energy cap on businesses either AFAIK.

What impact will this have with the amount of electricity stadiums must use?

start games at 13.00 in the winter to avoid the lights? The artificial pitch will at least save on undersoil heating...

47 minutes ago, moses1924 said:

start games at 13.00 in the winter to avoid the lights? The artificial pitch will at least save on undersoil heating...

It won't just be the floodlights I'm on about, the general electricity that the stadium will use from day to day use. 

With the way the prices are going surely it is going to be unsustainable to pay.