The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

3 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

That's not my point.

Sorry its just when you say 

"With the window closing its looks like ATS is the only show in town" 

Its looks like your saying he's our only option cause the window is closing the window for transfers being the one your referencing I'm assuming and that has no bearing on how we conduct business. I don't want to have a go im just pointing out the transfer window , other than allowing other teams to solidify thier teams and maybe rethink who's going out on loan, it's totally irrelevant to us.

1 minute ago, Jack Reed said:

Not when it mattered  

Hahah what ????? Smiths hattick and gals goal got us to the final. The whole team fell flat on the final and smith was playing with an injury. 16/17 goals each last year but none of them matter ? What a ridiculous statement to make.

16 minutes ago, Rossm25 said:

Sorry its just when you say 

"With the window closing its looks like ATS is the only show in town" 

Its looks like your saying he's our only option cause the window is closing the window for transfers being the one your referencing I'm assuming and that has no bearing on how we conduct business. I don't want to have a go im just pointing out the transfer window , other than allowing other teams to solidify thier teams and maybe rethink who's going out on loan, it's totally irrelevant to us.

Stop being so pompous Ross, i already acknowledged your points earlier in thread.

I assume with Henderson signing that will be Johnson away? A shame to lose him as he’s done us a real turn but I’ll be watching his career with great interest. The boy is a real prospect. 

Assume clearance for the other Northern Irish boys will be ready soon? That will obviously add some quantity to the squad. I’m not wholly sold on him but I’d probably offer ATS a deal. He fills the gap(s) at centre-half and left-back himself and he offers a bit of experience and size both of which we lack. Thought he might have came on with Deveney struggling but I can understand not wanting to bring on a trialist defender (who’s presumably lacking match sharpness) in such a tight game. If he’s still kicking around I would offer Telfer a deal too. I think he’d do well in our team and again he offers a bit of quality and experience. Our midfield is good but very young. 

I hope Jamieson is back firing next week. He struggled yesterday but he’s been great and a real threat for us. Deserves (and needs) a goal. 

1 hour ago, Rossm25 said:

Hahah what ????? Smiths hattick and gals goal got us to the final. The whole team fell flat on the final and smith was playing with an injury. 16/17 goals each last year but none of them matter ? What a ridiculous statement to make.

If Smith or Gal had scored in playoff we could have been where queen's are . Murray used his experience and has played at a higher level, must be my old way of thinking I just think he is a better player than Gal or Smith or gabby, 

10 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

If Smith or Gal had scored in playoff we could have been where queen's are . Murray used his experience and has played at a higher level, must be my old way of thinking I just think he is a better player than Gal or Smith or gabby, 

Then we shall agree to disagree sir.

6 hours ago, Mr November said:

The last player I remember us paying a fee for was Jonathan Page, so maybe it’s best we don’t go down that road again…

Could say the same about never loaning a player again after a bad loan though couldn't you. Of which we've had a few! Yet we've also had some excellent ones in recent seasons, such as McInroy, Turner etc. 

Anyway, pure speculation over nothing, but what a statement of intent that would be eh. 

Hopefully we manage to get some players in this week and see the famous pen come out again!

♦️🖋️♦️

1 hour ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Could say the same about never loaning a player again after a bad loan though couldn't you. Of which we've had a few! Yet we've also had some excellent ones in recent seasons, such as McInroy, Turner etc. 

Anyway, pure speculation over nothing, but what a statement of intent that would be eh. 

Hopefully we manage to get some players in this week and see the famous pen come out again!

♦️🖋️♦️

What if we could sign a player with size 40 boot size, just for taking a throw in, heel touching line and toe   nearly in 18 yard box, 🤣🤣🤣

37 minutes ago, Rossm25 said:

One of the mckay brothers ?

All the years watching football I never knew that you can take a throw in as long as one foot is touching the line,  I live and learn, manager was taking some good  long throws against Motherwell  if I remember correctly,