The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

1 hour ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I only saw the highlights but missed out that reference. Will need to listen again. Also fair dos to the officials who got both of my uncertain decisions, spot on.

Got the reference so well done to Andy. I won't do too many but Gal is certainly a good luck charm. The car windows opening warning by the PA does not imply Craigneuk is in the ghetto? ( That's enough)

30 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Haha cheers, couldnae resist 

Is that your thing from now on? I can imagine "It's Now or Never or "Always on my Mind" being easy enough, but if you get "Polk Salad Annie" or "An American Trilogy" into a commentary I'll be seriously impressed.

24 minutes ago, el Gringo said:

Is that your thing from now on? I can imagine "It's Now or Never or "Always on my Mind" being easy enough, but if you get "Polk Salad Annie" or "An American Trilogy" into a commentary I'll be seriously impressed.

I guess we'll have to wait and see...

If Rhys wants to help me out by signing three yanks, that'd go a long way. 

1 hour ago, She who dares gins said:

One feels ambitious right now 

Suspension's and injuries  will ofcourse  be a problem, on the other hand the smaller squad can maybe be a happier squad knowing that they are not just there to warm the bench and is bringing the best out in them, manager seems to know what he is doing, long may it last, you would think that any player signed would have to be as good if not better than our starting 11, 

I'm still hoping for 3 players. 2 defenders and maybe another midfielder would be good. If we brought in Taylor-sinclair as a squad player another decent loan signing as cover for left back maybe and I think we will be well placed. Hopefully Mcmaster is back soon also ! 

Slow days on p&b. Only a couple of days away from a big league fixture. At this point, not expecting anymore signings this week and fully expecting The Pars to come out this weekend with a view to stamping a bit of authority on the league by beating a favoured team who will be challenging. Think this will be a draw but was hoping for some new signings to bolster the squad.

3 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

Slow days on p&b. Only a couple of days away from a big league fixture. At this point, not expecting anymore signings this week and fully expecting The Pars to come out this weekend with a view to stamping a bit of authority on the league by beating a favoured team who will be challenging. Think this will be a draw but was hoping for some new signings to bolster the squad.

Totally agree visiting EEP you would always want to play there with a fully loaded squad ,   The time to strengthen is always when things are going well, not wait until the tide turns......

Looking forward to the game,  big crowd expected

Same. All the talk including in our own club interviews was one or two shortly coming in. Obviously there’s still time. But disappointed we’ve not done any business since Ben Wylie in July.

1 hour ago, She who dares gins said:

Same. All the talk including in our own club interviews was one or two shortly coming in. Obviously there’s still time. But disappointed we’ve not done any business since Ben Wylie in July.

A couple of Dunfermline  posts hope we don't just park the bus, obviously not seen us play this season, play like we can and take our chances, just hope no more injuries have been picked up, 1-3 Diamonds 

Pleased Gabby didn't suffer any consequences from the rib knock, as even bruised ribs puts you out for 6 weeks or more. Took his goal so well last week and great to have a full complement of attackers available for the game. McMaster coming back, if indeed he's ready for the bench, is a boost to numbers, as well, albeit away to Dunfermline might be a bit much immediately. 

Our attack has not struggled to create chances so far, but they've not come up against a defence of much note yet, either. You wouldn't say Dunfermline have had the hardest opening fixtures ever, but managing not to concede at all over 4 league games is still good going. Be interesting to see if either our attack is as potent or their defence is as solid as the opening fixtures would suggest when they collide tomorrow. Wary of this one, they have some decent weapons of their own at least on paper and at home will be expecting to win the game. A victory for either side would cap off an outstanding August. 

Get at them, lads. 

Our record against the strongest team in this league in the last few seasons has been poor. 2019/20 we lost our three games to Raith Rovers. 2020/21 we lost our three games against Partick Thistle. 2021/22 we lost our first two against Cove and drew the last two. Starting with a draw away to Dunfermline (who I assume will be the strongest of the nine teams that aren’t us) is a big improvement on that. Early days but looks like it’ll be us and Dunfermline at the top end of the table, though Falkirk might not be too far behind.

Edited by ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds