The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

2 hours ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Sad state of affairs with the Supporters bus from Cue Here. Given the quote from the QOTS Supporters liaison about “police intelligence”, anyone wonder if bus companies have been told not to give Airdrie fans a bus?

The words "police" and "intelligence" do not belong in the same paragraph never mind sentence.

Sad state of affairs with the Supporters bus from Cue Here. Given the quote from the QOTS Supporters liaison about “police intelligence”, anyone wonder if bus companies have been told not to give Airdrie fans a bus?

I doubt every bus company in Scotland has been warned off offering 30/40 airdrie fans a lift. That’s a bit tinfoil hat to me. We’ve not exactly made headlines for the right reasons lately.

23 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

I doubt every bus company in Scotland has been warned off offering 30/40 airdrie fans a lift. That’s a bit tinfoil hat to me. We’ve not exactly made headlines for the right reasons lately.

Fans waiting on our bus made some headlines if I  remember  correctly . 

15 hours ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

As the previous custodian of said bus, there has always been certain bus companies who wouldn't take Airdrie fans, or in general football fans. I'm pretty sure that the so called "intel" had anything to do with buses and more with Quitongo.

Anyway that's side issue here as the biggest reason is the shortage of coach drivers post covid.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/lanarkshire/lanarkshire-coach-operator-leaves-hundreds-27781597

2 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

As the previous custodian of said bus, there has always been certain bus companies who wouldn't take Airdrie fans, or in general football fans. I'm pretty sure that the so called "intel" had anything to do with buses and more with Quitongo.

Anyway that's side issue here as the biggest reason is the shortage of coach drivers post covid.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/lanarkshire/lanarkshire-coach-operator-leaves-hundreds-27781597

The schools started back in North Lanarkshire this week and a lot of kids discovered that their bus wouldn't be running due to lack of coaches / drivers.  It seems to be a fairly widespread problem.

Anyhoo, what's the QOS intel story?  It feels like you turn your back for one second and another rumour pops up while you're not looking.

Just now, stuartcraig said:

The schools started back in North Lanarkshire this week and a lot of kids discovered that their bus wouldn't be running due to lack of coaches / drivers.  It seems to be a fairly widespread problem.

Anyhoo, what's the QOS intel story?  It feels like you turn your back for one second and another rumour pops up while you're not looking.

Was posted on the facebook group. Someone got in touch with QOTS after feeling like Airdrie fans were unfairly treated. Apparently the police contacted QOTS before the match which led to QOTS considering it a “higher risk” match, meaning extra stewards and a police presence at the game. I can only assume this was a specific worry with Airdrie playing against Quitongo’s new side and is unrelated to bus issues.

3 in 4 for Gallagher now, love it when he scores after the pasting he took on here over the summer.

Taylor-Sinclair would be a good addition to the squad too. Experienced player with plenty of games in him at a higher level.

Fingers crossed we can get a couple more over as it has been a really good start for McCabe so far and if we can keep the momentum going it could make signing for us more attractive, a few additions like Taylor-Sinclair also help us if/when injuries and suspensions kick in.

1 hour ago, KD1711 said:

3 in 4 for Gallagher now, love it when he scores after the pasting he took on here over the summer.

Taylor-Sinclair would be a good addition to the squad too. Experienced player with plenty of games in him at a higher level.

Fingers crossed we can get a couple more over as it has been a really good start for McCabe so far and if we can keep the momentum going it could make signing for us more attractive, a few additions like Taylor-Sinclair also help us if/when injuries and suspensions kick in.

I thought he was rubbish at Falkirk last season but we all wanted cover at centre back and left back and ideally a bit more experience too which as you say, he’s a very good fit for. Ultimately it’s Deveney’s position to lose and he’s played well so far but having cover for if his form dips and also cover at centre back is ideal.

1 hour ago, KD1711 said:

I'd take him as a squad player.  But wouldn't have him starting. I actually wouldn't change the starting line up with the exception of rotating the front 3 which we are doing anyway. 

Gal scores goals. Simple as that , folk who don't rate him at this level are on the drugs. 

Glad to get that second goal and loads of good attacking, but weird finishing.

Looking forward to the behind the goal camera for all those stramashes.

Was relieved at their "goal" being chocked off and wondered if Smith was offside in that first half "goal" which he definitely needs. 

Thought both Devennys were good today and Frizzell is pure entertainment. Need to be a bit sharper in some defense areas.

Pleased at being top.

1 hour ago, KD1711 said:

4 in 4 lol doing the poor guy out a goal 

13 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Was relieved at their "goal" being chocked off and wondered if Smith was offside in that first half "goal" which he definitely needs. 

Thought both Devennys were good today and Frizzell is pure entertainment. Need to be a bit sharper in some defense areas.

Pleased at being top.

For a League 1 football team,  The football played was exceptional at times,     Justin D was great and is really growing week by week, Euan D is full of energy but lacks composure and worryingly lost the ball with lack of composure a few times today, which is a problem...

Awkward team Alloa, good well earned 3 points if we could just get those 3 players or so in, when we are going well, our season could really fire on.....

ATS would be a decent signing IMO...

Pleased at being top.

Felt like the game should have been finished long before it was given the chances we were creating. Giving ourselves a lot of work to do it over 90 mins if we’re not able to be more clinical. An entertaining 90 mins where I don’t think Alloa really offered too much TBH.

24 minutes ago, Rossm25 said:

I'd take him as a squad player.  But wouldn't have him starting. I actually wouldn't change the starting line up with the exception of rotating the front 3 which we are doing anyway. 

Gal scores goals. Simple as that , folk who don't rate him at this level are on the drugs. 

Is Charlie Telfer still hanging about or has he moved on..