The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

6 hours ago, FLDiamond said:

Normally you would probably be right and he’d be a prime candidate for a loan in the Championship. But he was out for the latter part of the season injured and maybe getting eased back in, possibly looking at lower league for that reason? But maybe not. Who knows, but I like that we are looking higher up for loan players tbh. To compete with Falkirk and Dunfermline we need more quality in. Still a ways to go yet for loan signings. Just hope the points keep coming in the meantime.

A wee bit news on the injury  front, signing prospects, anything, but no just expect us to turn up on Saturdays, 

6 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

A wee bit news on the injury  front, signing prospects, anything, but no just expect us to turn up on Saturdays, 

As always, there's an injury update in the match preview and it's discussed in more detail in the DTV+ interview. No club discloses signing prospects.

1 hour ago, el Gringo said:

As always, there's an injury update in the match preview and it's discussed in more detail in the DTV+ interview. No club discloses signing prospects.

Oh no wrong again, sorry must be careful  what I say, someone is going  to come tumbling down to earth  soon, 

28 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Oh no wrong again, sorry must be careful  what I say, someone is going  to come tumbling down to earth  soon, 

😂 What? I'm telling you where you can find some of the information you're looking for.

1 hour ago, el Gringo said:

I know no one discusses signing prospects but McCabe stated before the Peterhead game he was hoping for 3 new boys before that game. We only signed Wylie no one else and that was 4 weeks ago, just slightly frustrating not being able to hear anything.

1 hour ago, AJ77 said:

I know no one discusses signing prospects but McCabe stated before the Peterhead game he was hoping for 3 new boys before that game. We only signed Wylie no one else and that was 4 weeks ago, just slightly frustrating not being able to hear anything.

Just think there seems to be a lot put on the mangers  shoulders, and he does talk  a good game, and plays a good game just hope one doesn't  counteract  the other, great for us if it works, notice Duffy player manger at Stranraer . 

9 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

Just think there seems to be a lot put on the mangers  shoulders, and he does talk  a good game, and plays a good game just hope one doesn't  counteract  the other, great for us if it works, notice Duffy player manger at Stranraer . 

Duffy is player/assistant and hardly plays, Hamill is manager and plays maybe one game a season.

Just stopped in to offer a hearty f**k you for knocking me out of last man standing by drawing f**king QoS last weekend! FFS people, Murray is wandering around like a lost lamb, still seeking a striker, and then you lot do that! F**k off!

Edited by TxRover

14 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Just stopped in to offer a hearty f**k you for knocking me out of last man standing by drawing f**king QoS last weekend! FFS people, Murray is wandering around like a lost lamb, still seeking an striker, and then you lot do that! F**k off!

Have you's not taken to Murrayball yet?

3 hours ago, Mr November said:

I see Dean McMaster is still out. Is he going to be this season's Salim? Mentioned every week in the injury update only to end up missing the full season.

I'm thinking that if he was out for the long term he would just be released back to St mirren. 

2 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Is it still 6 loan players you can have? We have 3 & the emergency goalie at the moment so does that count as 3 or 4?

I think it’s a maximum of five players now. I doubt the emergency loan will count as part of that, so likely two still available. I’m sure @Skyline Drifterwill be able to confirm.

45 minutes ago, Mr November said:

I think it’s a maximum of five players now. I doubt the emergency loan will count as part of that, so likely two still available. I’m sure @Skyline Drifterwill be able to confirm.

I THINK the emergency is outwith the standard loans, I'm sure I've seen teams with a full quota of loans get a keeper in on emergency, could be wrong though.

10 hours ago, David Fernández said:
17 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:
Not to get carried away but I’m not convinced we’ll ever sign a player again. I can already see us in 2034 fielding a greying team of McCabe, Fordyce, Watson, Gallagher and co.

That greying team in 2034 would still end up pumping Falkirk in league one tbh.

Under rated post and surprisingly not red dotted by the usual suspect from the navy blue side of Grangemouth.

12 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Under rated post and surprisingly not red dotted by the usual suspect from the navy blue side of Grangemouth.

They're currently preoccupied telling *checks notes* FC Edinburgh fans about how massive they are to respect the NAvY blUe PoUnD.